cupwise release- Flucti-Mew Tube Compressor/Limiter

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs
Cupwise
Expert
Expert

Re: cupwise release- Flucti-Mew Tube Compressor/Limiter

Post by Cupwise » Fri Dec 02, 2016 8:47 pm

ok so i just released an update for both the library and the skin a couple days ago. so if you have the set and didn't get that, check your spam folder, and if it's not there, contact me via email directly or through my site's contact form.

the update for the skin should fix the gain reduction meter issue. i've had a report or two about the knobs not working as well as they had in previous version, and i noticed it seems like you have to click on the top half of the knob to make sure you 'grab' it. doing it that way seems to be ok, for me anyway.

the update for the comp programs should make the attack/release smoother and also should heavily reduce if not remove the artifacts you could get if you tried squashing bass heavy inputs. try smashing a kick drum for example.

ryancost
User Level VIII
User Level VIII

Post by ryancost » Fri Dec 02, 2016 8:48 pm

Loving this update, thank you Tim! Reminded me that I like this compressor a lot, especially on acoustic guitar

SWANG
Expert
Expert

Post by SWANG » Fri Dec 02, 2016 9:29 pm

appreciate this, tim. using it on a "music" (piano, synth and rhythm guitar) bus, and it sounds really great.

lubomba

Post by lubomba » Fri Dec 02, 2016 9:34 pm

thanks tim!! used the older version as mixbus comp on a piano/vox piece just a week ago - beautiful! preferred it to sand/lime comp for that song. Now I need to check this update :D

myimo
User Level VII
User Level VII

Post by myimo » Sat Dec 03, 2016 12:01 am

Very smooth response & tone on the compression part of this update but I am probably missing even more not being able to mix in the pass thru.

I can not get the pass thru program to initiate using
Nebula3 Reverb.dll
would some one mind checking it out.
Don't think its user error because I have the last version of flexi-mu still running fine in my other nebula install.

Thanks

richie43
Expert
Expert

Post by richie43 » Sat Dec 03, 2016 1:22 am

myimo wrote:Very smooth response & tone on the compression part of this update but I am probably missing even more not being able to mix in the pass thru.

I can not get the pass thru program to initiate using
Nebula3 Reverb.dll
would some one mind checking it out.
Don't think its user error because I have the last version of flexi-mu still running fine in my other nebula install.

Thanks
Try re-downloading and reinstalling the files. And delete your temp cache. I had the same issues and Tim re-uploaded the set.
The Sounds of the Hear and Now
http://soundyaudio.com/

myimo
User Level VII
User Level VII

Post by myimo » Sat Dec 03, 2016 2:22 am

Thanks Richie that fixed it

richie43
Expert
Expert

Post by richie43 » Sat Dec 03, 2016 3:00 am

myimo wrote:Thanks Richie that fixed it
Yay for compressor happiness.

RJHollins
Expert
Expert

Post by RJHollins » Sat Dec 03, 2016 4:14 am

Just getting to the latest version released.

I was reading the text regarding the new Skin installation ... not sure I completely understand how to actually do this [sleep needed].

If I may ... I have a NebSetUP's version previously in use. Obviously I need to maintain compatibility with earlier projects.
i7-5820k, MSI X99A Plus, 16 GIG Ram, Noctua NH-D14, Win-7 Pro [64-bit], Reaper-64

NVC [Nebula Virtual Controllers]

Cupwise
Expert
Expert

Post by Cupwise » Sat Dec 03, 2016 7:59 am

not really sure what you're asking. were you already using the skin from a previous release? if so you should be able to maintain backwards compatibility just by installing the new skin over the old one.

the main issue with backwards compatibility is with the vectors. the new vectors for the latest update, have had '2016' added to their names. if you want backwards compatibility, as mentioned in the update install file included in the 1st .zip with the programs in it, just add those new vectors to your vectors folder. they won't over write the old ones because the new ones have a new name. so as long as you keep the old vectors, you should have backwards compatibility. doesn't really have anything to do with the skin. hope that helps.

RJHollins
Expert
Expert

Post by RJHollins » Sat Dec 03, 2016 8:30 am

Thanks CupWise ...

I think what threw me was the included XML files.

With NEBSetUps, I already had the custom NEB. Can I just use NEBSetUps to edit my current version, and change to the new Skin ? Save that and be fine ?
i7-5820k, MSI X99A Plus, 16 GIG Ram, Noctua NH-D14, Win-7 Pro [64-bit], Reaper-64

NVC [Nebula Virtual Controllers]

richie43
Expert
Expert

Post by richie43 » Sat Dec 03, 2016 9:09 am

RJHollins wrote:Thanks CupWise ...

I think what threw me was the included XML files.

With NEBSetUps, I already had the custom NEB. Can I just use NEBSetUps to edit my current version, and change to the new Skin ? Save that and be fine ?
You need to do the NebSetups update with it AND follow the instructions regarding that extra xml for the skins to work properly. On the skin are functions to change sample rates and quality without losing the parameter settings. Super handy if you mix with the "standard" preset but like to render with the super high quality preset. I assume that you were not using the old skins with these functions....

botus99
Expert
Expert

Post by botus99 » Sat Dec 03, 2016 4:00 pm

This new skin update is awesome! Haven't tried the new programs yet, but I have a question.

The old Pass-Thru and Compressor skins had the 44.1k and 96k programs reversed on my system (I hit 44.1k SHQ and get 96k SHQ). Didn't really bother me, so I never said anything. It was just a quirk to remember.

Now with the new Compressor skin not having the typical Nebula window to view program parameters, I don't know how to find out if the skin is loading what it says it is.

Any thoughts?
Win10 / Reaper / i7 6700K / 16gb RAM | ZED-R16 / Digi003 (Revive modded)
N4 - Orange, Blue, Purple, Pearl, Diamond, Ebony, Gold, Navy, Amethyst, Lime, Sand, Pink, Titanium, Aquamarine, Coral, Cobalt, Lemon

davidgary73
Expert
Expert

Post by davidgary73 » Sun Dec 04, 2016 6:38 am

Thank you for the v2 updates. Bass heavy tracks no longer get clammed unlike the first version.

Cheers
MacPro 2 x 2.4 Ghz 6 Core Intel Xeon • 28GB Ram • Logic Pro X 10.4.1 • OSX 10.12.6 • VEP 6 • Console 1 •

Please join us - Facebook Acustica Audio Official Group page @ https://www.facebook.com/groups/2161186247437661/

Thierr7
Vip Member
Vip Member

Post by Thierr7 » Sun Dec 04, 2016 2:20 pm

Thanks , Very nice release :D