Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs
babiuk
Vip Member
Vip Member

Re: cupwise release- Flucti-Mew Tube Compressor/Limiter

Post by babiuk » Fri Nov 24, 2017 5:33 pm

Tim,

I caan not see HQ setting button on N4 skin as you said but it was on another N4 skin version?
Mac Pro 5,1 / 6-core Intel Xeon / 16 GB Ram / El Capitan / Reaper / H******* Mixbuss

Cupwise
Expert
Expert

Post by Cupwise » Fri Nov 24, 2017 5:49 pm

no, it's only in the n3 skin. we can't put it in the n4 skin.

drezz
Vip Member
Vip Member

Post by drezz » Fri Nov 24, 2017 6:37 pm

Dipped back into this library after not really using it much after my initial purchase. Don't know why, i guess there were a lot of releases back then and a lot of beta testing, so it fell by the wayside...............but have to say, the new skin is awesome, and the sound of this library is very good indeed. Stuck it on a master bus, and it was a big smile that came across my face after slight tweaking. Sounds really cool.........
Official Acustica Audio Dealer for UK/Ireland.

https://www.facebook.com/AcusticaUKDealer

leckel1996
User Level IV
User Level IV

Post by leckel1996 » Fri Nov 24, 2017 7:41 pm

Just bought this. How are you all using it? I'm finding it pumps a lot if there's a transient peak. Any suggestions on how to use this? Loving the color, but struggling to set up the compressor.
N4, Pink2, Azure, Crimson, Lemon, Ivory3, Ebony, Gold, Pearl2, Navy, Sand, Scarlet3, White2, Purple P-1

rossharvey
User Level X
User Level X

Post by rossharvey » Fri Nov 24, 2017 9:33 pm

leckel1996 wrote:Just bought this. How are you all using it? I'm finding it pumps a lot if there's a transient peak. Any suggestions on how to use this? Loving the color, but struggling to set up the compressor.
It's a mastering compressor - use it lightly on a source for some magic. Use something else to tame dynamics.

andiw
User Level IX
User Level IX

Post by andiw » Wed Jan 10, 2018 5:39 pm

Cupwise wrote:Just sent out emails for a new update to the library. Jpn wanted to do a new N4 skin so I took the opportunity to make a few improvements to the programs as well. The N3 skin is also updated. If you didn't get the email get in touch with me!
Hi Tim,

I didn't get the email about N4 skin update. In mid December I wrote you an email about that and didn't get any response.

It would be nice to get the N4 skin update ;)

Thanks!
my music: aj-guitar.com

Cupwise
Expert
Expert

Post by Cupwise » Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:07 pm

ok. well. just email me again. usually i reply to my emails, not sure how i missed that one. but i can't do it over the forum. so you'll have to email me again.

edit- just got your email. i checked and i *had* replied to the email in december where you said you hadn't got the original update email. then i checked and saw that i *had* actually sent the original update email too! i'm only posting this because i've noticed lately that it seems like most of the times i get people posting on the forums (or even emailing me) about not getting an update email or a reply, or at *least* half of those posts/emails, i look and it turns out i did send an email. and honestly, posting in the forums doesn't help you get what you need. you need to email me until you get a reply, or check to see if you already had and may have missed it.

i'm not angry or anything, but just saying, if i send the email and it goes in your junk folder or gets overlooked or something, that's out of my hands. but it doesn't really make sense to email me just once, then if i actually somehow miss you or you miss my reply, post in the forum. i have to get you an email to remedy the problem. i want you to have the updates, that's why i make them. so just keep emailing me.

again, i'm not angry, and i hope this isn't coming off as rude or whatever, but for some reason this has been coming up more than usual lately. :)

Cupwise
Expert
Expert

Post by Cupwise » Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:29 pm

rossharvey wrote:
leckel1996 wrote:Just bought this. How are you all using it? I'm finding it pumps a lot if there's a transient peak. Any suggestions on how to use this? Loving the color, but struggling to set up the compressor.
It's a mastering compressor - use it lightly on a source for some magic. Use something else to tame dynamics.
yeaaah probably the fact that the flucti's fastest release time isn't really all that fast (i forget what it is, something like ~300ms?), is probably what's causing what you're experiencing. the 'real thing' is like that also. so i wouldn't grab flucti for something like smashing drums or things like that. but for some subtle compression on a drum buss it could maybe still provide something nice. it's good for mastering but i think it can work well as a bus comp, on various types of stems, and probably also well on some vocals, where a slower release is ok, for some subtler dynamic sculpting and tone. try with anything where you don't need a fast release.

andiw
User Level IX
User Level IX

Post by andiw » Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:29 pm

Cupwise wrote:ok. well. just email me again. usually i reply to my emails, not sure how i missed that one. but i can't do it over the forum. so you'll have to email me again.

edit- just got your email. i checked and i *had* replied to the email in december where you said you hadn't got the original update email. then i checked and saw that i *had* actually sent the original update email too! i'm only posting this because i've noticed lately that it seems like most of the times i get people posting on the forums (or even emailing me) about not getting an update email or a reply, or at *least* half of those posts/emails, i look and it turns out i did send an email. and honestly, posting in the forums doesn't help you get what you need. you need to email me until you get a reply, or check to see if you already had and may have missed it.

i'm not angry or anything, but just saying, if i send the email and it goes in your junk folder or gets overlooked or something, that's out of my hands. but it doesn't really make sense to email me just once, then if i actually somehow miss you or you miss my reply, post in the forum. i have to get you an email to remedy the problem. i want you to have the updates, that's why i make them. so just keep emailing me.

again, i'm not angry, and i hope this isn't coming off as rude or whatever, but for some reason this has been coming up more than usual lately. :)
OK, thanks for looking into it. But again, I did not get an email from you. So you get my emails but I don't get yours. I send you an email with an alternative adress ... (and yes, I checked the spam folder, my email server is working, I get many emails a day, I don't know where the problem is ...)
my music: aj-guitar.com

xenoform
User Level 0
User Level 0

Post by xenoform » Thu Aug 02, 2018 2:43 am

I have a question to actual owners of Flucti-Mew, who also had a chance to test new Magenta4.
It's all about limiter mode especially, cause i don't find it quite enough agressive in Magenta, so i wondering how it sounds in Flucti-Mew comparing to M4.

Any subjective thoughts would be ok, since there is no limiter in Tim's demo, and i can't compare by myself w/o buying one.

emilieitor
User Level XI
User Level XI

Post by emilieitor » Sat Aug 18, 2018 4:49 pm

There is two version of Manl*y Vari mu, the mix version and the mastering version. The mastering version is more agressive, so much that when the hardware appeared in 1994 was the sonic seal in mastering of California nu-metal bands of 90´s.