T tape Released!!! updated 05/11/15

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs
User avatar
Tim Petherick
Expert
Expert
Posts: 1729
Joined: Sat Apr 17, 2010 4:07 pm
Location: Bath , Uk

Re: T tape Released!!!

Post by Tim Petherick » Fri Sep 11, 2015 5:49 pm

Yes thank you Vicnest I understand, the more tapes I release, the more it will make sense. TPT stands for Tim Petherick Tapes. I'll add this to program names.

Categories list is here http://www.timpetherick.co.uk/names-in-categories-list/. You can add this to nebulas Rom ‎

Thanks

xyxxjx
User Level VII
User Level VII
Posts: 70
Joined: Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:05 am

Re: T tape Released!!!

Post by xyxxjx » Fri Sep 11, 2015 11:27 pm

Could we please get a short manual with your releases?

tkrizic
User Level III
User Level III
Posts: 37
Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2015 12:30 am

Re: T tape Released!!!

Post by tkrizic » Sat Sep 12, 2015 12:59 am

xyxxjx wrote:Could we please get a short manual with your releases?
i also vote for manuals :) at least short ones

User avatar
vicnestE
Expert
Expert
Posts: 751
Joined: Sat Mar 27, 2010 5:11 am

Re: T tape Released!!!

Post by vicnestE » Sat Sep 12, 2015 7:16 am

Tim Petherick wrote:Yes thank you Vicnest I understand, the more tapes I release, the more it will make sense. TPT stands for Tim Petherick Tapes. I'll add this to program names.

Categories list is here http://www.timpetherick.co.uk/names-in-categories-list/. You can add this to nebulas Rom ‎

Thanks
Putting the Categories name in the readme.txt is much quicker I guess. Since I actually open it and nothing too useful except enjoying the release so far.

Love a manual with useful tips you posted across this post. (Helps a lot :))

User avatar
Tim Petherick
Expert
Expert
Posts: 1729
Joined: Sat Apr 17, 2010 4:07 pm
Location: Bath , Uk

Re: T tape Released!!!

Post by Tim Petherick » Sat Sep 12, 2015 8:28 pm

Ok!

Yes manual you shall have :)

edit:A manual is now available on the t-tape page!
http://www.timpetherick.co.uk/downloads/t-tape/

JPN Started the manual,so, many thanks to him.

xyxxjx
User Level VII
User Level VII
Posts: 70
Joined: Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:05 am

Re: T tape Released!!!

Post by xyxxjx » Mon Sep 14, 2015 11:30 pm

Thank you for the manual Tim. Much better than having to guess.

User avatar
jfjer379
Expert
Expert
Posts: 1166
Joined: Wed Sep 04, 2013 1:22 pm

Re: T tape Released!!!

Post by jfjer379 » Tue Sep 15, 2015 1:57 am

well i dont understand how to install T Tape,
when manuals are written you cant assume that all are pros,
i dont understand how im gonna use the hiss wave files and where to install them

i have installed some libraries already without a problem , amongst them All henry olonga, Alex b neev console 14 and his custom skin

and quite a few reverbs from different companies

please explain step by step

i do understand where to install programs and vectors but the skins and wave files confuses me

well i guess the skins goes in the skins folder where nebula 3 is installed if im right but the wave files no clue
I7 5820k • RME • Reaper64 • Win7 64 • Amethyst • Coral • Ebony • Emerald • Gold • Honey • Ivory3 • LIME • Navy • Pearl • Pink • Pink Comp Bundle • Sand • Titanium2 • White2 • N3s • N4

User avatar
Tim Petherick
Expert
Expert
Posts: 1729
Joined: Sat Apr 17, 2010 4:07 pm
Location: Bath , Uk

Re: T tape Released!!!

Post by Tim Petherick » Tue Sep 15, 2015 2:38 am

Hi, [email protected]

Maybe the manual isn't perfect yet, but
Sounds like you have installed correctly to me.

Hiss files are just meant to be used in a seperate track, not intended to be used in actual nebula.
Yes skins go in the skins folder. You need to go into master page to actully change to the appropriate skin. In order to see master page you'll need to go from simple to guru MODE

Also a good place to start for more general info on nebula master page is in the tips pages http://www.acustica-audio.com/phpBB3/vi ... =39&t=1847


Thanks,

Tim

User avatar
jfjer379
Expert
Expert
Posts: 1166
Joined: Wed Sep 04, 2013 1:22 pm

Re: T tape Released!!!

Post by jfjer379 » Tue Sep 15, 2015 6:54 am

ok so i only insert the hiss file on a regular track in any daw and move the fader either up or down till i like the hiss it adds :D

thanks for clearing that up Tim :)

the mast page i understand but thanks for clearing that one up to incase someone else dont know this already
that just got into nebula

I also have to thank you for the quick reply Tim :D

looking forward to more tape releases from you
I7 5820k • RME • Reaper64 • Win7 64 • Amethyst • Coral • Ebony • Emerald • Gold • Honey • Ivory3 • LIME • Navy • Pearl • Pink • Pink Comp Bundle • Sand • Titanium2 • White2 • N3s • N4

User avatar
Tim Petherick
Expert
Expert
Posts: 1729
Joined: Sat Apr 17, 2010 4:07 pm
Location: Bath , Uk

Re: T tape Released!!!

Post by Tim Petherick » Tue Sep 15, 2015 3:54 pm

[email protected] wrote:ok so i only insert the hiss file on a regular track in any daw and move the fader either up or down till i like the hiss it adds :D

thanks for clearing that up Tim :)

the mast page i understand but thanks for clearing that one up to incase someone else dont know this already
that just got into nebula

I also have to thank you for the quick reply Tim :D

looking forward to more tape releases from you
Ah no worries...
It would actually be cool to have some sort of noise player in nebula.

tkrizic
User Level III
User Level III
Posts: 37
Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2015 12:30 am

Re: T tape Released!!!

Post by tkrizic » Wed Sep 16, 2015 2:06 am

sorry for being of topic but I hope you will release some more filters soon, that ms10 is freaking amazing and loving tapes, using them on every track since i got them, saturation is lush

trickster
User Level V
User Level V
Posts: 51
Joined: Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:50 am

Re: T tape Released!!!

Post by trickster » Wed Sep 16, 2015 3:10 am

While people are requesting stuff ;) I was wondering if it would be possible to have a feature like the old AA Analog channel program which allows you to subtract the original signal from the output - leaving the even and odd harmonics.

Obviously I'm completely ignorant as to how this was done (though I guess I could do something similar manually using phased version of the source) but I have always loved the analog channel for this feature.

It would be awesome if your recent saturation program (which I love!) could do this 8-) .

RE301
Member
Member
Posts: 293
Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2015 4:49 pm

Re: T tape Released!!!

Post by RE301 » Wed Sep 16, 2015 6:12 pm

The T Tape appears to sound very nice indeed!

I like the touch of including hiss & print through for a more authentic experience....

(I don't think any other tape emulation/algo/library has ever included a print through feature?)

RE301
Member
Member
Posts: 293
Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2015 4:49 pm

Re: T tape Released!!!

Post by RE301 » Wed Sep 16, 2015 6:14 pm

I hope you'll be adding some other machines to the library... !

From my side I'm most interested in the Ampex MM :-) .. from a 'commercial' standpoint most other people would probably get excited by the Beatles machine...

Btw - Longer hiss & 'rocks' files would be magnificent..

It'd be a hoot to have different machine / tape formula hiss files specific to each machine in the library.. (!!)

User avatar
Tim Petherick
Expert
Expert
Posts: 1729
Joined: Sat Apr 17, 2010 4:07 pm
Location: Bath , Uk

Re: T tape Released!!!

Post by Tim Petherick » Wed Sep 16, 2015 7:53 pm

RE301 wrote:I hope you'll be adding some other machines to the library... !

From my side I'm most interested in the Ampex MM :-) .. from a 'commercial' standpoint most other people would probably get excited by the Beatles machine...

Btw - Longer hiss & 'rocks' files would be magnificent..

It'd be a hoot to have different machine / tape formula hiss files specific to each machine in the library.. (!!)
I'll keep updates on twitter for future releases, I can't guarantee those tapes for sampling. I have a few more releases from over 6 months ago to go before I get to it. Plus I'll do a update for sum 100a
RE301 wrote:
(I don't think any other tape emulation/algo/library has ever included a print through feature?)
You could be right :-)

Post Reply