Page 14 of 15

Re: U76v2 Update 07/11/15 Skin now available

Posted: Mon Nov 09, 2015 6:49 pm
by flipnautold
@Tim:

can i use that skin only with that library or do i need a tool for that?

Because whenever i change a skin it is always there in every nebula i put on the tracks...

Re: U76v2 Update 07/11/15 Skin now available

Posted: Mon Nov 09, 2015 6:52 pm
by richie43
flipnaut wrote:@Tim:

can i use that skin only with that library or do i need a tool for that?

Because whenever i change a skin it is always there in every nebula i put on the tracks...
I suggest using the brilliant app Nebula Setups. With it you can make specified instances of Nebula that load only whatever presets you want. Also use specific skins for any one instance.

Re: U76v2 Update 07/11/15 Skin now available

Posted: Mon Nov 09, 2015 7:02 pm
by Tim Petherick
flipnaut wrote:@Tim:

can i use that skin only with that library or do i need a tool for that?

Because whenever i change a skin it is always there in every nebula i put on the tracks...
As richie says or you can Copy and paste nebulareverb.dll/xml from vst folder. Rename both so they are the same, for example U76.dll/U76.xml then open in your Daw and select a skin and save.

Nebula tip of the month also shows something similar.
http://www.acustica-audio.com/phpBB3/vi ... f=18&t=690

Re: U76v2 Update 07/11/15 Skin now available

Posted: Mon Nov 09, 2015 7:13 pm
by richie43
Tim Petherick wrote:
flipnaut wrote:@Tim:

can i use that skin only with that library or do i need a tool for that?

Because whenever i change a skin it is always there in every nebula i put on the tracks...
As richie says or you can Copy and paste nebulareverb.dll/xml from vst folder. Rename both so they are the same, for example U76.dll/U76.xml then open in your Daw and select a skin and save.

Nebula tip of the month also shows something similar.
http://www.acustica-audio.com/phpBB3/vi ... f=18&t=690
This will "work", but that still scans for and loads your entire repository....

Re: U76v2 Update 07/11/15 Skin now available

Posted: Mon Nov 09, 2015 11:00 pm
by bryan7nebula
And remember to change your "magic number" in nebula setups every time you create a new custom instance of nebula. If this isn't customized your DAW can get confused and load incorrect setups. This was my experience in Ableton.

My favorite custom skin by JPN is the one called Small. I like it because it is small and efficient. I use two large monitors when I make music, but I still like to save on screen real estate whenever I can.

Nebula really is a journey. I have been watching jfjer379, a relatively new and enthusiastic nebulite, make the same journey I started making two years ago. Every step of the way. First he loved Acquas but said he wasn't ready for Nebula. Then he got Nebula and dug into it. By now I am sure he is making setups. It's just the way it works. I am finally at the place where I am refining. Reducing to my favorites as much as possible.

My favorite Acqua is Honey, and though I have bought many others, that is the only one that I really admire for some reason. I don't think Acquas will replace Nebula. I think they will just meet somewhere in the middle. jfjer379's journey seems to be an example of that.

Bryan

Re: U76v2 Update 07/11/15 Skin now available

Posted: Mon Nov 09, 2015 11:06 pm
by richie43
bryan7nebula wrote:And remember to change your "magic number" in nebula setups every time you create a new custom instance of nebula.
This has never been necessary for me using Reaper, by the way. Especially creating the hundreds of dll's I have with Nebula Setups. Easy, fast, and it also updates all of the dll's (and Acqua's!) when new versions come out. If you use Nebula/Acqua more than just a little, this is an amazing app for you.

Re: U76v2 Update 07/11/15 Skin now available

Posted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 2:35 am
by mtalavera
richie43 wrote:
bryan7nebula wrote:And remember to change your "magic number" in nebula setups every time you create a new custom instance of nebula.
This has never been necessary for me using Reaper, by the way. Especially creating the hundreds of dll's I have with Nebula Setups. Easy, fast, and it also updates all of the dll's (and Acqua's!) when new versions come out. If you use Nebula/Acqua more than just a little, this is an amazing app for you.
Nebula Setup is also very helpful if you want to take advantage of the custom skins that are now a part of Tim's releases. The skins are provided by jpn and really enhance the experience of using the libraries. You could create the dll and xml setup by hand, but that will get tedious.

Re: U76v2 Update 07/11/15 Skin now available

Posted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 2:47 am
by Tim Petherick
I totally agree with you guys in terms of using nebula setups.. It really is a quick and easy way to organise the skins and appropriate files. I was just giving a alternative suggestion in my previous post. Once everything is in place it's surprising how quick you can get a mix together using nebula.

Re: U76v2 Update 07/11/15 Skin now available

Posted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 2:48 am
by richie43
mtalavera wrote:Nebula Setup is also very helpful if you want to take advantage of the custom skins that are now a part of Tim's releases. The skins are provided by jpn and really enhance the experience of using the libraries. You could create the dll and xml setup by hand, but that will get tedious.
Not only tedious, but a bit haphazard at best. Updating dll's by hand is no fun...been there.

Re: U76v2 Update 07/11/15 Skin now available

Posted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 4:31 am
by kindafishy
richie43 wrote:
mtalavera wrote:Nebula Setup is also very helpful if you want to take advantage of the custom skins that are now a part of Tim's releases. The skins are provided by jpn and really enhance the experience of using the libraries. You could create the dll and xml setup by hand, but that will get tedious.
Not only tedious, but a bit haphazard at best. Updating dll's by hand is no fun...been there.
Not only tedious and a bit haphazard, but comparing the hours one would spend vs. a license for Nebula Setups, and there is no comparison. Nebula Setups is such incredible value.

Re: U76v2 Update 07/11/15 Skin now available

Posted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 5:06 am
by richie43
kindafishy wrote:Not only tedious and a bit haphazard, but comparing the hours one would spend vs. a license for Nebula Setups, and there is no comparison. Nebula Setups is such incredible value.
Wise words from the surfaced invisible man.....:)

Re: U76v2 Update 07/11/15 Skin now available

Posted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 11:41 pm
by ianc
thanks for the update, great your working on little improvements. it deserves the love.

Re: U76v2 Update 07/11/15 Skin now available

Posted: Thu Nov 12, 2015 12:39 pm
by flipnautold
i tried to install nebula setups from the dashboard but it did not work on windows 10. I tried the installer in 2.5.1. x64 but my system crashed then^^ :shock: :shock: :shock:

Re: U76v2 Update 07/11/15 Skin now available

Posted: Thu Nov 12, 2015 2:41 pm
by richie43
flipnaut wrote:i tried to install nebula setups from the dashboard but it did not work on windows 10. I tried the installer in 2.5.1. x64 but my system crashed then^^ :shock: :shock: :shock:
You have some other issue then, it seems. I have it running on 2 Windows 10 64bit systems. My main DAW is even the same CPU as you.

Re: U76v2 Update 07/11/15 Skin now available

Posted: Thu Nov 12, 2015 8:42 pm
by flipnautold
hmm i will try downloading it directly from zabukowski page then... perhaps that works.