AlexB - Modern Flagship Console : RELEASED !

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs
marcpl
User Level X
User Level X

Re: AlexB - Modern Flagship Console : RELEASED !

Post by marcpl » Tue Mar 18, 2014 4:29 pm

JP, that's good news. hope it works out well for you. especially after playing with MFC for a couple of days.

can you say what the problem is?

regards,
marc

jpchartrand
User Level XI
User Level XI

Post by jpchartrand » Tue Mar 18, 2014 4:44 pm

I'm not the most technical guy so I can't really explain. I think it's something to do with OSX adding a ghost character to the AUT? Man I really don't know. He explained but I can't really understand...

marcpl
User Level X
User Level X

Post by marcpl » Tue Mar 18, 2014 4:49 pm

well I guess that's why we have developers.

jpchartrand
User Level XI
User Level XI

Post by jpchartrand » Wed Mar 19, 2014 12:24 am

It's WORKING!!!!!! WOW I can't believe it. FINALLY!!!

This console wasn't over hyped. It is definitely my favourite console so far. Man it sounds good.

I did a quick A/B for anyone interested. I made a crappy sample reproduction of Portishead's Over. One doesn't have the console and the other one has it on all channels + the modern BUS on the mixbus. Enjoy!
Attachments
Test loop Neve Console.mp3
(945.92 KiB) Downloaded 136 times
Test loop no console.mp3
(945.92 KiB) Downloaded 162 times

richie43
Expert
Expert

Post by richie43 » Wed Mar 19, 2014 12:36 am

jpchartrand wrote:It's WORKING!!!!!! WOW I can't believe it. FINALLY!!!

This console wasn't over hyped. It is definitely my favourite console so far. Man it sounds good.

I did a quick A/B for anyone interested. I made a crappy sample reproduction of Portishead's Over. One doesn't have the console and the other one has it on all channels + the modern BUS on the mixbus. Enjoy!
Glad to hear it! It's about time for you to enjoy it. Great samples, by the way.
The Sounds of the Hear and Now
http://soundyaudio.com/

dagovitsj
Expert
Expert

Post by dagovitsj » Wed Mar 19, 2014 12:49 am

jpchartrand wrote:It's WORKING!!!!!! WOW I can't believe it. FINALLY!!!
Good to hear ;)
|Win 7-64bit | Reaper 4. x64, Cubase 6.5.3., 64 & 32 bit | RAM:16 GB | CPU: Intel Core i5 [email protected] 2,8 GHz | Samsung SSD 830 (256 GB) | WD: Black harddisks | Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT Graphics Accelerator | Gigabyte GA-P55A-UD4 |Nebula 3 Pro |

Mercado_Negro
Expert
Expert

Post by Mercado_Negro » Wed Mar 19, 2014 6:01 am

You're gonna love the MFeQ, it's truly versatile and even when I feel it's a bit "clean" I consider it as usueful as Alessandro's CLeQ which is my default Nebula EQ for most tasks.
i7 3770k :: Asus P8H77-V LE :: 16Gb DDR3 @1600MHz :: Geforce GT 520 :: OCZ-Vertex 128Gb :: WD Black Series 1Tb and Green Series 1Tb :: F*******e Liquid56 :: REAPER 64bit and StudioOne 64bit (both latest versions) :: Win 10 64bit

RJHollins
Expert
Expert

Post by RJHollins » Wed Mar 19, 2014 6:17 am

Mercado_Negro wrote:You're gonna love the MFeQ, it's truly versatile and even when I feel it's a bit "clean" I consider it as usueful as Alessandro's CLeQ which is my default Nebula EQ for most tasks.
mmm ... Mercado ... are you hinting that you've tested the MFC equalizer ??? :o

I know AlexB has mentioned of it ... I told him I'm not buying anymore EQ :shock:

except for probably this one :lol:

This would be some combination.

I make quite a bit of use of his GMC with it's EQ ...
I've designed an NVC controller for it and, I'm am amazed what this combo can do. It seems such a basic eq ... it's another of those 'don't judge by the content or layout cover' ...

This MFC based console was a favorite to both track and mix with. Now look forward to a Nebula version.
8-)
i7-5820k, MSI X99A Plus, 16 GIG Ram, Noctua NH-D14, Win-7 Pro [64-bit], Reaper-64

NVC [Nebula Virtual Controllers]

jpchartrand
User Level XI
User Level XI

Post by jpchartrand » Wed Mar 19, 2014 2:53 pm

I'll have to skip this one. I'm not buying from AlexB ever again due to extremely poor customer service. I'm sure it'll sound good though.

Mercado_Negro
Expert
Expert

Post by Mercado_Negro » Wed Mar 19, 2014 6:54 pm

RJHollins wrote:
Mercado_Negro wrote:You're gonna love the MFeQ, it's truly versatile and even when I feel it's a bit "clean" I consider it as usueful as Alessandro's CLeQ which is my default Nebula EQ for most tasks.
mmm ... Mercado ... are you hinting that you've tested the MFC equalizer ??? :o

I know AlexB has mentioned of it ... I told him I'm not buying anymore EQ :shock:

except for probably this one :lol:

This would be some combination.

I make quite a bit of use of his GMC with it's EQ ...
I've designed an NVC controller for it and, I'm am amazed what this combo can do. It seems such a basic eq ... it's another of those 'don't judge by the content or layout cover' ...

This MFC based console was a favorite to both track and mix with. Now look forward to a Nebula version.
8-)
Yep, I'm beta testing it. I need more time to get used to it because the sound is very different from several other EQs for Nebula, though. I've been thinking about an audio demo, let me see if I can get some free time to do it.
i7 3770k :: Asus P8H77-V LE :: 16Gb DDR3 @1600MHz :: Geforce GT 520 :: OCZ-Vertex 128Gb :: WD Black Series 1Tb and Green Series 1Tb :: F*******e Liquid56 :: REAPER 64bit and StudioOne 64bit (both latest versions) :: Win 10 64bit

Mercado_Negro
Expert
Expert

Post by Mercado_Negro » Wed Mar 19, 2014 6:55 pm

jpchartrand wrote:I'll have to skip this one. I'm not buying from AlexB ever again due to extremely poor customer service. I'm sure it'll sound good though.
Hey man, that's terrible and I really hate poor customer support but it's weird from Alessandro. What happened, if I may ask?

jpchartrand
User Level XI
User Level XI

Post by jpchartrand » Wed Mar 19, 2014 8:53 pm

I bought it. It wouldn't authorized. I was told the issue was on my side. I spent countless hours trying to make it work. It never worked. 1 month later I get an email from AlexB telling me he found the issue and to resend my SER number (that I had already sent 2-3 times). I sent it back. It finally worked. He asked me to pay full price. I was shocked but ended up paying it. For this I will never buy from him again and will make sure my peers don't as well.

SWAN
Expert
Expert

Post by SWAN » Wed Mar 19, 2014 9:01 pm

jpchartrand wrote:I bought it. It wouldn't authorized. I was told the issue was on my side. I spent countless hours trying to make it work. It never worked. 1 month later I get an email from AlexB telling me he found the issue and to resend my SER number (that I had already sent 2-3 times). I sent it back. It finally worked. He asked me to pay full price. I was shocked but ended up paying it. For this I will never buy from him again and will make sure my peers don't as well.
you paid the full price first - then you lost the time and it was eventually fixed. Or you tried to authorise and when finally got the fix he asked for full price? Sorry just to clarify...
Mac Mini i7 quad 2.6

Logic X
Live 9
Reaper

richie43
Expert
Expert

Post by richie43 » Wed Mar 19, 2014 9:41 pm

SWAN wrote:you paid the full price first - then you lost the time and it was eventually fixed. Or you tried to authorise and when finally got the fix he asked for full price? Sorry just to clarify...
I can answer this....
He bought the library and it was not working. After many attempts and it did not work (much grief on both sides, of course), Alex refunded him his money. Alex eventually found the issue (by the way, it has to do with Macs and their internet browser behavior adding another character to some download extensions, it was not an issue with JP's specific system OR an issue with the software...in case anyone wants to know). After finding the issue, Alex offered the fix even though he had refunded the money already, which I think is pretty honorable of him. Alex then asked for the money that was now again due for the library. Seems pretty straight-forward on many levels.
Both parties had many hassles, which is unfortunate. But I really don't see this as reason to slander an otherwise awesome dev. I have had nothing but great service from all of the devs, often above and beyond what I should have expected.
The Sounds of the Hear and Now
http://soundyaudio.com/

marcpl
User Level X
User Level X

Post by marcpl » Wed Mar 19, 2014 10:32 pm

well, a bit off topic but...

nebula is grassroots. always has been and that's what I love about. I love that my favorite plugin, and it's libraries, are developed by regular-guy, audio geeks like me.

it's cool that the best audio processing tool, that I've found anyway, is made by a handful of regular guys who are really into it...not some huge audio corporation.

that being said you have to roll with the punches sometimes while they figure things out. it's like the old, American wild west. new frontiers and all that. it's been a great ride from a customer's perspective.

remember the old website? remember nebula-programs.com? remember not having a preset menu in nebula?

I've been very critical at times. very recently in fact. but the truth is that nebula gets consistently better and we still have neb4 to look forward to.

these recent issues, mine included, were due to a NEED for cp. who's fault is that? not the devs, that's for sure.

nebula is grassroots and hopefully always will be.
but that means that you have to be patient sometimes.

best,
marco