160A COMPRESSOR Collection Now Released from CDS !!!

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs
cdsoundmaster
Vip Member
Vip Member

Re: 160A COMPRESSOR Collection Now Released from CDS !!!

Post by cdsoundmaster » Tue Mar 04, 2014 3:52 am

Hi Kylen,

Yes, what Swang describes is accurate.
I am a little behind on updating some areas of the site.
I am in the process of getting these things caught up.

In the process of making updates, I've also been working on my Blog:

http://blog.clubvst.com/

I'm almost ready to launch the new YouTube tutorials- coming soon :) !

The dbx160A web pages are now updated, and others will follow soon.

Thanks so much for your patience and interest!
:D
kylen wrote:
filbula wrote: ...for me it is the same.

I can see the D*x libraries only via the links in the forum or from the emails I have received from michael.

the same happens with some other products from cdsm.
Yes it seems there have been some changes over on the cdsoundmasters.com site - I had been using the 'Program Libraries' link to navigate to all the plugins: http://cdsoundmaster.com/site/CDS-Softw ... tware.html. Doing a google search or 'site:' search would bring up the 160 preamp but not the comp. Some older links I received for products now point somewhere else...we're getting lost out here Michael! :)

richie43
Expert
Expert

Post by richie43 » Tue Mar 04, 2014 4:31 am

....and emerging from the depths of a long hiatus from the rest of the planet is Michael Angel, guru and Mr Awesome from CDSoundmaster with another of his ultra=detailed explanations. Back when I first started with Nebula and got so frustrated and confused that I was ready to go back to my all-algo plugins ( :shock: ), Michael took the time and energy to explain some very intense details and characteristics about Nebula, and that was the push and extra knowledge that enabled me to get beyond the threshold I was stuck at. This string of posts from Michael are awesome, I copy/pasted them to a doc to go over some more.....
The Sounds of the Hear and Now
http://soundyaudio.com/

jorismak
Vip Member
Vip Member

Post by jorismak » Tue Mar 04, 2014 10:53 am

160 compressor program as good (and as fast?) as any algo plugin?

I've been using the 'fast comp' unit (which is _a_ 160dbx, don't know which) in front of a guitar amplifier to give some beef to my DI signal..

Gonna try this program see how it behaves, might be fun :).

Quick tests on kicks and drums (but not heavy stuff to be honest) worked out _very_ fine. I 'abuse' the NI plugins at my work sometime (take a stem track to the studio at my work, play with their expensive plugins, bounce and take it home :)) and I can clearly hear something 'extra' with the CDSM 160dbx compressor compared to the Native Instruments VC160 plugin.
Might just be different versions of a 160 modeled (there are a lot if I understand it correctly), but more likely it's just CDSM and Nebula working out perfectly again :).

jorismak
Vip Member
Vip Member

Post by jorismak » Tue Mar 04, 2014 10:54 am

Oh Michael, forgot to ask to you (and maybe you missed it in the flood of messages :)) :

I don't have your preamp collection for the 160, but I have Henro O's Mojo set for a D*x. Is there really much different? Or are you too polite to say things about other libraries :).

SpliffSplaff
User Level III
User Level III

Post by SpliffSplaff » Tue Mar 04, 2014 12:24 pm

The additional preamp library is just SWEAT!!! Highly recomended...

Michael...could you please recommend plugins you would use in tandem with your preamp stages? I am particularly Interested in the la2a stuff. Thanks.

deehope
User Level XI
User Level XI

Post by deehope » Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:02 pm

SpliffSplaff wrote:The additional preamp library is just SWEAT!!! Highly recomended...

Michael...could you please recommend plugins you would use in tandem with your preamp stages? I am particularly Interested in the la2a stuff. Thanks.
I'm not Micheal but I love the la2a preamp behind the IK white2a

SWANG
Expert
Expert

Post by SWANG » Thu Mar 06, 2014 2:59 am

SpliffSplaff wrote:The additional preamp library is just SWEAT!!! Highly recomended...
indeed! i had to just chime in here to co-sign this. i had the opportunity to use this compressor and preamp on a bass guitar track today. the compressor alone sounded great. after rendering it, i loaded the preamp and found the preset for -20 thresh and 10:1 ratio, and wowowowow!!! the preamp just gave it a nice warmth and thumping attack (without changing the compression).

great library!

deehope
User Level XI
User Level XI

Post by deehope » Thu Mar 06, 2014 11:32 pm

I had a 160x fully modded by revive audio and its gone now cause there's really know difference between it and this library.

jpchartrand
User Level XI
User Level XI

Post by jpchartrand » Thu Sep 11, 2014 3:16 pm

I would really like to hear how this library sounds compared to the hardware. Anyone out there with the actual hardware willing to record a test?

kels
User Level XI
User Level XI

Post by kels » Sat Sep 13, 2014 12:02 pm

Anyone out there with the actual hardware willing to record a test?
Hi,

good idea to do a shootout on this lib.
Here is a quick and sooo dirty test (band playing live).
Kick and snare coming out of a digital source, then routed to 2*dbx160x for analog treat then S*L Alpha link MADI SX converters.
Same routing for Nebula treatment (wo the 160x of course) --> so that all tracks go via the S*L for a fair comparison).

--> remember you may want to better adjust the peak/rms yourself
--> be aware that I don't have the 160a but the 160x.
I had a 160x fully modded by revive audio and its gone now cause there's really know difference between it and this library.
I too am thinking to sell mine ...

EDIT: sorry, wrong link, new one will follow as soon as it is uploaded

EDIT2: here it is :

http://shares.imbiginjapan.be/s#75e2f7d ... arison.rar

<link valid 10 days>