Cupwise release- C660 Comp/Limiter set - huge V2 update!!!!!

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs
Cupwise
Expert
Expert

Re: Cupwise release- C660 Comp/Limiter set - huge V2 update!!!!!

Post by Cupwise » Sun Mar 04, 2018 11:11 pm

well, the tweaks are needed for the passthrough shq programs to have their full length. they are supposed to be about 80ms long, and without the tweak nebula cuts off at 50ms. i think it's really weird that those kinds of limits are in nebula by default, i don't know why that is. but it is, so to have the full length (in timed mode) the tweak is needed.

at some point i plan to update that library and the pass-through shq programs will be removed and replaced with just one program that uses the full 80ms length but with freqd. because after all these years i don't personally feel that timed mode is an improvement in and of itself anymore. and i don't really feel that it does much of anything for most preamp style programs, that makes it worth the cpu cost. it allows for faster prog rates which makes programs more responsive, but at the same time it introduces artifacts when you lower prog rates. so long story short, i feel those pass-through shq programs are kind of out-dated. if i were you i would just use the main ones for now. OR if you want you could load the main (non-shq) programs, go to the kern page, and increase their length to maximum, then go back to the main page and click save.

fastersound
User Level IX
User Level IX

Re: Cupwise release- C660 Comp/Limiter set - huge V2 update!!!!!

Post by fastersound » Mon Mar 05, 2018 3:48 am

Great info, thanks Tim.