Gemini Audio Releases G2500!!! - (A*I 2500)

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs
User avatar
Gemini Audio
User Level XI
User Level XI
Posts: 186
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2012 4:42 pm

Re: Gemini Audio Releases G2500!!! - (A*I 2500)

Post by Gemini Audio » Thu Sep 19, 2013 11:16 am

1.3.600 runs great here. Here's how you can test 1.3.600 for yourself: Backup your current Nebula DLLs. Run the 1.3.600 Upgrade installer. Choose a new directory for the program files and the VSTs, e.g. "Nebula 1.3.600 temp". Copy and replace the new dlls where your Nebula VSTs are currently installed. Now you can test it. If you don't like it, just copy your backuped VSTs back to where they were.

User avatar
ngarjuna
Expert
Expert
Posts: 782
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 5:04 pm
Location: Miami

Re: Gemini Audio Releases G2500!!! - (A*I 2500)

Post by ngarjuna » Thu Sep 19, 2013 1:37 pm

I have only had time to test and experiment but so far I have to say this library seems pretty great.

surbitone
User Level V
User Level V
Posts: 59
Joined: Fri Aug 13, 2010 6:45 pm

Re: Gemini Audio Releases G2500!!! - (A*I 2500)

Post by surbitone » Thu Sep 19, 2013 3:03 pm

Have a look at Vim editor or some kind of editor with syntax highlighting - makes life a lot easier when browsing through config files; Notepad just doesn't cut the mustard. :)
RJHollins wrote:Hi Gemini,

Have been busy on projects, but had a moment to download the G2500 DEMO.

I've not yet installed, but had a look into the included 'DICTIONARY' file.

There is something with the formatting of this file that makes it difficult to read [in Notepad], when compared to my installed copy.

Might this get looked at ?

It may be a non-issue loading in, but if we ever wanted to 'customize' it, that would be difficult.

Thanks ... and looking forward to auditioning this latest creation :D

edit ...

hmmm ... just noticed that we need 'Server v: 1.3.600'
to check the demo. Honestly, I'm not convienced that this version is ready for primetime yet [at least from the forum reads]. I'm running XP-32 bit, and waiting for the 'all clear' sign before upgrading.

User avatar
jeffbdavis
User Level IX
User Level IX
Posts: 90
Joined: Sun May 22, 2011 11:11 am

Re: Gemini Audio Releases G2500!!! - (A*I 2500)

Post by jeffbdavis » Thu Sep 19, 2013 6:01 pm

Gemini Audio wrote:You don't need the server version. Nebula3 Free, Nebula3 and Pro 1.3.600 will work with the demo too.
I have Neb3 Pro, but it's not 1.3.600. Guess I have to wait too... :shock:

User avatar
Gemini Audio
User Level XI
User Level XI
Posts: 186
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2012 4:42 pm

Re: Gemini Audio Releases G2500!!! - (A*I 2500)

Post by Gemini Audio » Thu Sep 19, 2013 6:06 pm

jeffbdavis wrote:
Gemini Audio wrote:You don't need the server version. Nebula3 Free, Nebula3 and Pro 1.3.600 will work with the demo too.
I have Neb3 Pro, but it's not 1.3.600. Guess I have to wait too... :shock:
Why wait? 1.3.600 is released, just go to "My Downloads" and download it.

User avatar
enriquesilveti
Expert
Expert
Posts: 2861
Joined: Sun Mar 28, 2010 9:00 pm
Location: Lodi | Madrid | Buenos Aires
Contact:

Re: Gemini Audio Releases G2500!!! - (A*I 2500)

Post by enriquesilveti » Thu Sep 19, 2013 6:19 pm

jeffbdavis wrote:
Gemini Audio wrote:You don't need the server version. Nebula3 Free, Nebula3 and Pro 1.3.600 will work with the demo too.
I have Neb3 Pro, but it's not 1.3.600. Guess I have to wait too... :shock:
Nebula3 Pro 1.3.600 x64 is under development basically give sometime to Giancarlo to debug a little more CORE4L.
Enrique Silveti.
Acustica Audio customer and technical support.

MBP 11.5 (W10 1803 | OSX 10.13.6 | i7-4870 | 16 GB | 512 GB SSD)
SP4 (W10 1903 | i5-6300 | 8 GB | 256 GB SSD)
Digiface Dante | Lyra2 | Rednet AM2
VM U18 | VM W10 1803 | VM OSX 10.13
N4/NAT4 | SPX4 | RX7 | LN2C | SMAART8 | R5 | PT2019 | PX11 | NIK5

User avatar
jeffbdavis
User Level IX
User Level IX
Posts: 90
Joined: Sun May 22, 2011 11:11 am

Re: Gemini Audio Releases G2500!!! - (A*I 2500)

Post by jeffbdavis » Thu Sep 19, 2013 6:28 pm

Gemini Audio wrote:Why wait? 1.3.600 is released, just go to "My Downloads" and download it.
Is it ready for prime time on a mac? Don't want to disrupt my working install. Thanks...

SWAN
Expert
Expert
Posts: 775
Joined: Fri Mar 26, 2010 11:16 pm

Re: Gemini Audio Releases G2500!!! - (A*I 2500)

Post by SWAN » Thu Sep 19, 2013 7:46 pm

jeffbdavis wrote:
Gemini Audio wrote:Why wait? 1.3.600 is released, just go to "My Downloads" and download it.
Is it ready for prime time on a mac? Don't want to disrupt my working install. Thanks...
FYI its working ok on my mac if that helps...
Mac Mini i7 quad 2.6

Logic X
Live 9
Reaper

User avatar
ngarjuna
Expert
Expert
Posts: 782
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 5:04 pm
Location: Miami

Re: Gemini Audio Releases G2500!!! - (A*I 2500)

Post by ngarjuna » Thu Sep 19, 2013 11:42 pm

On five Macs (in 2 environments) 1 of them did not take kindly to .600. That was the Snow Leopard machine. The Lion and Mt. Lion machines are all working fine with it. The problems were mostly GUI related (.502 or whatever I was using before also had GUI related problems in SL; despite being the only 'supported' Mac OS I always had the worst performance and crashes in SL).

User avatar
jeffbdavis
User Level IX
User Level IX
Posts: 90
Joined: Sun May 22, 2011 11:11 am

Re: Gemini Audio Releases G2500!!! - (A*I 2500)

Post by jeffbdavis » Fri Sep 20, 2013 12:10 am

Cool, thanks guys! I'll install it tonight... :D

User avatar
Gemini Audio
User Level XI
User Level XI
Posts: 186
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2012 4:42 pm

Re: Gemini Audio Releases G2500!!! - (A*I 2500)

Post by Gemini Audio » Fri Sep 20, 2013 11:21 am

The Demo has just been updated: The CPU consumption for "NC" programs has been drastically improved.
Also i'd like to point out, that if you try the Demo, i'd highly recommend to use the "NC" versions in order to achieve the best audio quality!
Enjoy!

kylen
Member
Member
Posts: 247
Joined: Sun May 08, 2011 7:43 am

Re: Gemini Audio Releases G2500!!! - (A*I 2500)

Post by kylen » Fri Sep 20, 2013 1:43 pm

I picked Gemini API2500 up the other day, upgraded my Nebula to the req'd version (couldn't see presets before that), replaced the dictionary, navigated to the G25 list in Nebula3Pro (that's how it looks in my install - PC Win 7) and was instantly amazed (and intimidated) by the sea of juicy presets. Actually I didn't install all 11,000 but just the ones I thought I would need (per install instructions). I just wanted to stop by and thank Gemini (and other devs who do this) for taking the time to produce quality samples and at the same time wishing there were some way to automate the sampling! haha if I only knew what it took to do it I probably wouldn't think that - short of some electromechanical harness draped across the knobs of a hardware unit (like Neil Young's amp preset controller). Anyway, I'll be hooking up the recommended viewer/organizer from Zebrowski tomorrow and creating the NC version. In the short term I've only used the RE version on a Bass sub (rock remaster with a bass x-over) but it sounds excellent and can tuck the resonances away without giving me that aural vertigo I get when the compression doesn't conform to the music. Will also be comparing it to my Waves API2500 algo but I'm already thinking the Nebula version will smoke it. Thanks again Gemini - I've got some work ahead of me harnessing the power... :D PS Have you announced this at KVR yet - there are a few of us Nebula hound-doggies over there...and I was almost thinking my Nebula journey had reached an end until recently.

User avatar
vicnestE
Expert
Expert
Posts: 776
Joined: Sat Mar 27, 2010 5:11 am

Re: Gemini Audio Releases G2500!!! - (A*I 2500)

Post by vicnestE » Sat Sep 21, 2013 1:26 pm

Gemini Audio wrote:The Demo has just been updated: The CPU consumption for "NC" programs has been drastically improved.
Also i'd like to point out, that if you try the Demo, i'd highly recommend to use the "NC" versions in order to achieve the best audio quality!
Enjoy!
Just got demo v2, why does the NC programs under PEAK mode tend to pump weirdly??

What computer spec could really run 1 instance of 44.1kHz EX version without hitting 100% CPU usage??

User avatar
Gemini Audio
User Level XI
User Level XI
Posts: 186
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2012 4:42 pm

Re: Gemini Audio Releases G2500!!! - (A*I 2500)

Post by Gemini Audio » Sat Sep 21, 2013 1:42 pm

vicnestE wrote:
Gemini Audio wrote:The Demo has just been updated: The CPU consumption for "NC" programs has been drastically improved.
Also i'd like to point out, that if you try the Demo, i'd highly recommend to use the "NC" versions in order to achieve the best audio quality!
Enjoy!
Just got demo v2, why does the NC programs under PEAK mode tend to pump weirdly??

What computer spec could really run 1 instance of 44.1kHz EX version without hitting 100% CPU usage??
The Peak versions are experimental, since it's not a part of the original hardwware. The "EX" versions can't be used with current computers, but you can use them for rendering. Yet the "NC" versions are top notch already and very very close the the "EX" versions, but you can use those in real time.

User avatar
vicnestE
Expert
Expert
Posts: 776
Joined: Sat Mar 27, 2010 5:11 am

Re: Gemini Audio Releases G2500!!! - (A*I 2500)

Post by vicnestE » Sat Sep 21, 2013 1:44 pm

Gemini Audio wrote:
vicnestE wrote:
Gemini Audio wrote:The Demo has just been updated: The CPU consumption for "NC" programs has been drastically improved.
Also i'd like to point out, that if you try the Demo, i'd highly recommend to use the "NC" versions in order to achieve the best audio quality!
Enjoy!
Just got demo v2, why does the NC programs under PEAK mode tend to pump weirdly??

What computer spec could really run 1 instance of 44.1kHz EX version without hitting 100% CPU usage??
The Peak versions are experimental, since it's not a part of the original hardwware. The "EX" versions can't be used with current computers, but you can use them for rendering. Yet the "NC" versions are top notch already and very very close the the "EX" versions, but you can use those in real time.
OK thanks for explanation. Much sensible now :)
Anybody try the preamp program after Waves API2500???
Seems a more convenient and sound-compromised workflow.


By the way, in manual page 4.
Tone Sidechain Filter ,SFC" (Hint: Trust)
THRUST I guess??

Post Reply