Rayphlex Mk II (update)

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs
Cupwise
Expert
Expert

Re: Rayphlex Mk II (update)

Post by Cupwise » Sat Jun 02, 2018 12:48 am

thanks everyone. i am trying to go through and update *all* of my older releases. it's a slow process. some of the updates really don't take much time, since i can apply 'templates' using the more recent methods i'm using to the older material. but there's almost always some little complication where i have to go in and fine tune something (compressors are the most time consuming and need lots of adjustments). i think before too long i'm going to tackle my tube radio releases.

rods
User Level VI
User Level VI

Post by rods » Sat Jun 02, 2018 4:41 pm

Thanks a lot for you commitment. All your products are amazing. I use them everyday!

Cupwise
Expert
Expert

Post by Cupwise » Fri Jun 22, 2018 3:17 pm

I just sent out links a little bit ago, for updated skins for the N3 skins. when i sent out the rayphlex mk2 update i missed the fact that the Nebula 3 skins for the 'softer' programs don't keep the control positions in place when you switch programs with the switches. there was a lot updated in that release so it was easy to miss that one detail.

if you don't use the n3 skins, you don't need to worry about it. if you do, all you need to do is get the updated skin .zip i linked in the email, and just replace the previous skins with the new ones. just the skin files in the 'skins' folder in the .zip. nothing else has been updated, just those files.

Cupwise
Expert
Expert

new updates

Post by Cupwise » Tue Dec 17, 2019 7:47 pm

emails are being sent out for these updates. it will be a couple of hours before all of the emails are sent, but if you bought this library you should get the email soon.
New updates:

*added 48khz and 88.2khz sample rates.

*the ripple that appeared in the low bass frequencies in the SHQ program (it was worse below 50hz) is now gone. it only affected the SHQ programs. the 44.1khz version of the SHQ programs also had a more minor ripple in the upper freqs approaching 20khz, and that's also gone.

*lite versions of all compressor programs have been changed to use the same method as the full and shq versions. this means they use more CPU now, but they have the same accuracy in the attack/release as full and shq versions. more importantly, it also removes the artifacts that the lite versions could produce with bassy inputs in the past (which was the trade-off that allowed them to use less CPU).

*the full and shq versions of the hard and soft knee programs with HF control have had their CPU use reduced. they still use about twice as much as the ones without the HF controls, but before this update I couldn't run the 96khz full versions live, but now I can (barely). I had to completely redo the coding for the sample use which allowed me to optimize everything and remove a lot of redundancy (many samples were being used more than once).

*SHQ programs use less harmonic kerns now because the actual hardware comps are very clean when it comes to harmonic distortion and the harmonics are all very low, especially beyond the 3rd or 4th. This also means that these should render just a little faster now.

SWANG
Expert
Expert

Post by SWANG » Thu Dec 19, 2019 2:12 am

great updates, tim! thanks for the hard work...

wagz
User Level XI
User Level XI

Post by wagz » Thu Dec 19, 2019 10:18 am

SWANG wrote:
Thu Dec 19, 2019 2:12 am
great updates, tim! thanks for the hard work...
+1 Thanks, Tim!