Free 3rd Party Programs
enriquesilveti
Expert
Expert

Re: Color Springs (demo set up!)

Post by enriquesilveti » Wed Jun 08, 2011 5:41 pm

Thank you CW, downloading now...
Enrique Silveti.
Acustica Audio customer and technical support.

MBP 11.5 (i7-4870 | 16 GB | 512 SSD)
SP4 (i5-6300 | 8 GB | 256 SSD)
UFX | Lyra2 | USBPre2
VM U16 | VM Win10 CU | VM OSX 10.12
N4/NAT4 | SPX3 | RX6 | LN2C | Smaart8 | R5 | PT12 | PX10 | NIK5

Cupwise
Expert
Expert

Re: Cupwise Color Springs- Major Update!!!

Post by Cupwise » Fri Jan 05, 2018 6:22 am

Just sent out emails for a pretty major update to this library. It brings it up to date and using the types of settings I use in my other more recent reverb releases. If you owned the set and didn't get the update email, email me directly or through my contact form. I'm sure a lot of the emails I sent out are going to bounce due to this library being so old, a lot of those email addresses surely don't exist anymore.
---------------
Here are the updates:

*Trimmed reverb lengths in a lot of cases, where the actual reverb had faded into the noise floor during the original sample lengths. Usually not a whole lot was trimmed but every bit helps lower CPU use. The original library was made well before I had begun editing the impulses directly, which allows for a lot of optimizations like this.

*Two of the bionic reverbs were actually lengthened because the reverb continues beyond where it was cut off in the older programs. These are the lower pitched ones.

*Trimmed lengths of the harmonics also, much shorter. This lowers CPU use and probably has no noticeable effect on sound.

*Attack, Release, and Dist controls have all been removed. The attack and release have been set internally, to settings that should reflect what I sampled as close as possible. The dist control allowed you to adjust the level of the harmonics but it's not the same as an input overdrive so it's not really authentic. You could get some weird distortions by boosting the dist control really loud but i doubt anyone used it much, so it's gone.

*Added feedback control.

*Some other changes to how the programs work were done under the hood, to reflect how my more recent reverbs have been done, for the past few years.

*Removed all the different versions of each reverb. There were 1k and 6k versions, and short and long versions for each of those. The short versions just had the lengths truncated in the 'kern' page of nebula. This isn't really very good because it just creates an abrupt gating, which wasn't really what I wanted with those presets. They were just there to give a lower CPU version. I don't really feel that these are needed now since the main programs have been reduced in CPU use.

*Some unwanted artifacts were removed from some of the reverbs.

*Added subtle fade outs to the tails of some of the reverbs that were previously just cut off at the end, even in the full length versions. I could've re-rendered them to have the longer tail but they would have then used more CPU and I didn't think it was worth it. So now they fade out nicely at least.

*Removed a weird 'direct' portion from many of the impulses. It was almost like a bit of dry signal getting through in some cases. It could throw off the balance of the reverb/dry mix, so it's a nice improvement to be rid of it.

*Programs are now set up as sends by default upon loading, as I do with all my reverbs for the past few years now.

*The library is much smaller, due to the samples being trimmed, so it takes up much less space on your drive. The programs load faster, they use less ram, and in almost all cases they use less CPU (compared to the 6k originals).

*Turned off the smoothing which was for some reason being used in the originals. Probably not much of a noticeable difference, but smoothing isn't needed with reverbs.

*Renamed all or most of the programs. The original names just weren't very descriptive or creative. Now they're either more descriptive or at least more memorable.

*Moved the programs to a new category- "CS9" for 96khz and "CS4" for 44.1khz. I have some other spring reverbs from another library in that same category, and there will be more.

Cupwise
Expert
Expert

Post by Cupwise » Fri Jan 05, 2018 6:33 am

oh and i've updated the demo programs too. so if you don't own the full library you might want to grab the demo programs at least.

plexus
User Level XI
User Level XI

Post by plexus » Fri Jan 05, 2018 7:28 am

Straight up aces Mr. (wise)cup(wise). This was one of the few I didnt have so I picked it up. I love spring reverbs.

grabie
User Level VII
User Level VII

Post by grabie » Sun Jan 07, 2018 11:57 pm

very nice reverb, update is welcome,
real cool

RE301

Post by RE301 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 8:14 pm

This is aw-sum ! ... thank you!..

Really appreciating this update - sounds <great> & the lowered CPU demands makes quite a big difference on my CPU-challenged system...

Cupwise
Expert
Expert

Post by Cupwise » Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:22 pm

RE301 wrote:This is aw-sum ! ... thank you!..

Really appreciating this update - sounds <great> & the lowered CPU demands makes quite a big difference on my CPU-challenged system...
glad you like the update and get better cpu use! someone emailed me saying they had better cpu use too (maybe it was you?). which makes me glad because i wasn't really sure if there would be a big improvement on most peoples' systems. i did tests of my own and they showed an improvement but it can be difficult to be sure if that will translate to everyone else, especially with reverbs.