AITB-Snap Compressor

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs
sfunk

AITB-Snap Compressor

Post by sfunk » Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:52 pm

Seems like AITB have also been working on the S*L bus comp.
Wonder how it compares to Alex's. Wonder why they went for this and not something like a N**e when they knew Alex was making his?

Here's hoping for more comps.

http://www.analoginthebox.com/snap_compressor.php

HIFIDELITY
User Level VIII
User Level VIII

Re: AITB-Snap Compressor

Post by HIFIDELITY » Sat Feb 12, 2011 12:06 am

Because they have already done a N**e! and with regards to Alex,AITB were always going the compressor route and Alex Consoles! Just see it as double the pleasure :D

Post by Guest » Sat Feb 12, 2011 12:12 am

They were working on it since months, so it's not that they "did it when they knew Alex is making this".

sfunk

Post by sfunk » Sat Feb 12, 2011 12:20 am

HIFIDELITY wrote:Because they have already done a N**e! and with regards to Alex,AITB were always going the compressor route and Alex Consoles! Just see it as double the pleasure :D
True but then i'd love to see a N**e 33609.

sfunk

Post by sfunk » Sat Feb 12, 2011 12:21 am

miro wrote:They were working on it since months, so it's not that they "did it when they knew Alex is making this".
Ahh okay cool

analoginthebox.com
User Level XI
User Level XI

Post by analoginthebox.com » Sat Feb 12, 2011 12:30 am

The Snap will sound a lot different to the Classic Logic. I am no prophet, but I know! :D The first samples of the Snap were on my HDD when I could not even find any word about "Classic Logic Dynamics".
N**e 33609.
We have another one scheduled first- and not a 33609 but a more "leightweight" N**e compressor than the 2254. (But same family)
Last edited by analoginthebox.com on Sat Feb 12, 2011 12:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

mim1050
User Level I
User Level I

Post by mim1050 » Sat Feb 12, 2011 12:49 am

Wow! can't wait to try!
Very fair price, brillant conception ! AITB rules

When switching to shorter kernels is there less latency ?

mim

sfunk

Post by sfunk » Sat Feb 12, 2011 12:51 am

analoginthebox.com wrote:The Snap will sound a lot different to the Classic Logic. I am no prohet, but I know! :D The first samples of the Snap were on my HDD when I could not even find any word about "Classic Logic Dynamics".
N**e 33609.
We have another one scheduled first- and not a 33609 but a more "leightweight" N**e compressor than the 2254. (But same family)
YES! Excellent news. Can't wait. Keep it up!

Mimi

Post by Mimi » Sat Feb 12, 2011 1:20 am

Funny that I have the impression be seeing a club of Alex vs Club AITB .
Do not want to raise anything here, ok?
That kind of game is ridiculous, no one owns the truth, nor better than anyone.
Not defending anyone or pull bag, I hear and search with engineers hardware in Brazil.
There is no absolute word to me...study and get my Opinion.
Going back to compressors, AITB mentioned the S*L compressor before the new year.
Well... I hope you all enjoy of new compressors...All developers are making the most of himself.
The biggest problem is still the limitations of the nebula... More the compressors made after fate compressor, are reliable, Fate comp, 165A compressor and snap compressor.
Now we are pleased to also receive a compressor AlexB...There will be better and no worse than anybody, is a proposed new of compressor.
Recalling that the compression of the nebula is something new and different from a standard compressor.
I love and use all that came out today ... I have gotten the results good .

SWAN
Expert
Expert

Post by SWAN » Sat Feb 12, 2011 1:33 am

reports please! How is the demo going to be? Must be difficult to make without giving it away for free...its only €15 I know but I was a bit disappointed by the last compressor emulation I wont mention which one (not FATE which I liked a lot)...so Im not gonna jump just yet...
Mac Mini i7 quad 2.6

Logic X
Live 9
Reaper

woeischris

Post by woeischris » Sat Feb 12, 2011 2:13 am

Downloading my Snap Comp now. Quite excited.

greekpeet
User Level XI
User Level XI

Post by greekpeet » Sat Feb 12, 2011 2:17 am

What I love about AITB is I don't even have to think twice about buying it. This is exactly what my mixes need!

Downloading now.

anthonyw
User Level VII
User Level VII

Post by anthonyw » Sat Feb 12, 2011 2:23 am

Which model is this sampled from? Am I right in guessing that this one is sampled from the individual unit where as CLD is sampled from the console? Either way I'm getting both, you can never have enough S*L flavor.

mathias
Expert
Expert

Post by mathias » Sat Feb 12, 2011 2:31 am

ok, jumped into the compressor-programs with this one
and i am really impressed.
i would describe it as elegant and .... yes snap is there :lol: . it sounds compact with a good grip on the dynamics. if i get it to pump, the dynamic movement is pleasant and musical.
this is a nice colour to have, i am happy. :D

i compared it to my psp mastercomp, from which i get the best compressor-sounds till now. i would not say mastercomp is useless now, it has a different kind of dynamic behaviour and most of the times i combine it with some nebula-stages before or after it. this way i get some very nice results. mastercomp can be absolutely transparent, when you need some unhearable compression.

so now it has a companion and i fear, there will come some more fellows on the way into nebula-future :roll: .
but my money has to go somewhere and this is a good place to spend it, so keep it coming developers! 8-)

mathias

p.s. and i am with mimi, let us not make up some sort of clubs or whatever......
let's enjoy the creative input of everybody for itself, not competing with anyone elses!
system 1: windows 8 32 bit - samplitude prox/x3, tracktion6/7, reaper
system 2: mac osx yosemite - reaper(32+64bit), tracktion6/7(32+64bit)

both systems on: macbook pro (late 2009), core 2 duo 3,06 ghz, 4 gb ram, graphic: nvidia geforce 9600M GT 512 MB

mathias
Expert
Expert

Post by mathias » Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:11 am

...and makes a great parallel compressor!

don't miss to try it :D

mathias
system 1: windows 8 32 bit - samplitude prox/x3, tracktion6/7, reaper
system 2: mac osx yosemite - reaper(32+64bit), tracktion6/7(32+64bit)

both systems on: macbook pro (late 2009), core 2 duo 3,06 ghz, 4 gb ram, graphic: nvidia geforce 9600M GT 512 MB