1st audio test with Classic Logic Dynamics

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs
skynet
User Level 0
User Level 0
Posts: 9
Joined: Sat Sep 18, 2010 2:35 am

Re: 1st audio test with Classic Logic Dynamics

Post by skynet » Sat May 21, 2011 4:16 pm

sfunk wrote:
Excellent. How long before the N**e comps?

Giancarlo-Any idea when this bug will be fixed?

+999999999999999999999999999 ;) :D

Looks like its gonna be a long weekend for someone, I just hope that someone ain't me! LOL

nino
User Level X
User Level X
Posts: 108
Joined: Wed Dec 08, 2010 1:58 am

Re: 1st audio test with Classic Logic Dynamics

Post by nino » Sat May 21, 2011 10:17 pm

Alex, you say you'v tried the new S*L 4000 libraries,
so are you planing to release other consoles and what
will be the update plan for us customers?

faun2500
Vip Member
Vip Member
Posts: 366
Joined: Wed Dec 22, 2010 1:05 pm
Contact:

Re: 1st audio test with Classic Logic Dynamics

Post by faun2500 » Sun May 22, 2011 9:51 pm

Is this new S*L black eq much different from the ModernLogicEQ???
Forthcoming releases on: Black Heart Label, Hyperdrive and Transfixion. http://soundcloud.com/100mg. 6 FREE Downloads on my soundcloud page. Nebula ALL over these trax!

User avatar
AlexB
Expert
Expert
Posts: 688
Joined: Wed Mar 31, 2010 6:28 pm
Location: NW Italy
Contact:

Re: 1st audio test with Classic Logic Dynamics

Post by AlexB » Mon May 23, 2011 10:34 am

MLC - Modern Logic Console = 9000K
CLC - Classic Logic Console = 4000E

4KC = 4000E (a NEW console, the same model as CLC but totally refurbished with new caps and ALL ICs replaced with new ones at low noise: one year of work!).
Please note: the ICs are the same brand as in the stock console, not the modern harsh-fast-neutral ICs.
Original ICs: Signetics NE5534N
Modified ICs: Signetics NE5534AN
More headroom, less noise floor, better dynamics and frequency response.

NB: DYNAMICS ! Not the FAKE compression by console-plugin emulation (they are unable to emulate the harmonic saturation like Nebula, so they compress and people think: wow! :shock: ). The console doesn't compress the sound but enrich it harmonically. If the console compresses the sound it is a bad/cheap console with poor headroom.

CLeQ = the EQ from CLC : the "brown" eQ.
4KeQ = the EQ from 4KC : the "black" eQ. Different sound and curves.

More news in the next weeks.
Close your eyes and Mix with the ears
Facebook
WebSite

User avatar
vicnestE
Expert
Expert
Posts: 774
Joined: Sat Mar 27, 2010 5:11 am

Re: 1st audio test with Classic Logic Dynamics

Post by vicnestE » Mon May 23, 2011 1:17 pm

Can't wait!!
Good to see you ensemble a new console with the new ICs :shock:

User avatar
AlexB
Expert
Expert
Posts: 688
Joined: Wed Mar 31, 2010 6:28 pm
Location: NW Italy
Contact:

Re: 1st audio test with Classic Logic Dynamics

Post by AlexB » Mon May 23, 2011 1:57 pm

vicnestE wrote:Can't wait!!
Good to see you ensemble a new console with the new ICs :shock:
Thank to you for some of ICs, Vic ;) , I have found others in destroyed Lawo-N*****n-Telefunken modules.
Close your eyes and Mix with the ears
Facebook
WebSite

ericus
Member
Member
Posts: 243
Joined: Sun Mar 28, 2010 9:37 pm

Re: 1st audio test with Classic Logic Dynamics

Post by ericus » Mon May 23, 2011 3:39 pm

Hey Alex,

Thank you for the explanations! Glad to know we'll be able to have a different flavor of S*L 4K soon. :mrgreen:
AlexB wrote:A little bug still in Nebula, as this will be fixed than the suite will be released ;)
Are we talking about a few more weeks then?

User avatar
david1103
Expert
Expert
Posts: 517
Joined: Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:26 am

Re: 1st audio test with Classic Logic Dynamics

Post by david1103 » Mon May 23, 2011 4:06 pm

what i would really like to know, as others have mentioned before in this thread, is:


- are all these 'bugs' being fixed meaning a significant update to the nebula engine and NAT to make compressors any better than they have been?


are these new compressors going to be any technically better/more accurate than the FATE and SNAP compressors we already have?


while i think SNAP and FATE are good, its been obvious that they have been more of a 'beta test' with many floors. just read the fate comp manual and analogue in the box say this themselves. all the 'workarounds' mentioned.


are we *now* almost ready for full on nebula compressor sampling?!


cheers.

User avatar
AlexB
Expert
Expert
Posts: 688
Joined: Wed Mar 31, 2010 6:28 pm
Location: NW Italy
Contact:

Re: 1st audio test with Classic Logic Dynamics

Post by AlexB » Mon May 23, 2011 4:15 pm

I haven't FATE and SNAP, so I can't compare. I only compare my programs with original hardware, always ;)
Close your eyes and Mix with the ears
Facebook
WebSite

elam
Vip Member
Vip Member
Posts: 425
Joined: Sat May 15, 2010 5:42 pm

Re: 1st audio test with Classic Logic Dynamics

Post by elam » Mon May 23, 2011 5:45 pm

AlexB wrote:I haven't FATE and SNAP, so I can't compare
Oh that's a shame.You should really try them.They're really good...
ericus wrote:Are we talking about a few more weeks then?
:?:
nino wrote:so are you planing to release other consoles and what
will be the update plan for us customers?
:?:

Thanks a lot.

User avatar
ngarjuna
Expert
Expert
Posts: 782
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 5:04 pm
Location: Miami

Re: 1st audio test with Classic Logic Dynamics

Post by ngarjuna » Mon May 23, 2011 7:09 pm

david1103 wrote:what i would really like to know, as others have mentioned before in this thread, is:


- are all these 'bugs' being fixed meaning a significant update to the nebula engine and NAT to make compressors any better than they have been?


are these new compressors going to be any technically better/more accurate than the FATE and SNAP compressors we already have?


while i think SNAP and FATE are good, its been obvious that they have been more of a 'beta test' with many floors. just read the fate comp manual and analogue in the box say this themselves. all the 'workarounds' mentioned.


are we *now* almost ready for full on nebula compressor sampling?!


cheers.
Have you ever worked with Fate or are you basing this on the manual?

While your complaints might apply to the workflow of current Nebula compressors none of them sound half-assed. In fact Fate is probably the best sounding software compression I've ever used <period>.

Incidentally there are more than just the two from Analog in the Box, there have been some Purple 1176 programs, a FET [which I haven't had a chance to try yet], the VariMu...and probably others that have slipped my mind). Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see the workflow on Neb compressors improve but they're quite usable right now (the disadvantage now being that we have very few flavors to choose from as them templates are still beta or third party or being debugged or whatever the precise details are).

skynet
User Level 0
User Level 0
Posts: 9
Joined: Sat Sep 18, 2010 2:35 am

Re: 1st audio test with Classic Logic Dynamics

Post by skynet » Fri May 27, 2011 9:07 pm

Looks like the green light for the S*L GBuss Alex!!

Updated and read to go! : :ugeek:

Does this new update on the envelope mean that the previous compressor libraries will behave better now?

User avatar
AlexB
Expert
Expert
Posts: 688
Joined: Wed Mar 31, 2010 6:28 pm
Location: NW Italy
Contact:

Re: 1st audio test with Classic Logic Dynamics

Post by AlexB » Fri May 27, 2011 10:26 pm

4KD is under beta-test and refinement ... :)

No release date yet.
Close your eyes and Mix with the ears
Facebook
WebSite

Andrums
Vip Member
Vip Member
Posts: 407
Joined: Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:03 am

Re: 1st audio test with Classic Logic Dynamics

Post by Andrums » Sat May 28, 2011 11:51 am

Need beta testers?

User avatar
AlexB
Expert
Expert
Posts: 688
Joined: Wed Mar 31, 2010 6:28 pm
Location: NW Italy
Contact:

Re: 1st audio test with Classic Logic Dynamics

Post by AlexB » Sun May 29, 2011 7:13 pm

I need a day with 28H :lol:
Close your eyes and Mix with the ears
Facebook
WebSite

Post Reply