Cupwise You-Rei Filters resonance issue, anyone else?

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs
wavemantra
User Level I
User Level I

Cupwise You-Rei Filters resonance issue, anyone else?

Post by wavemantra » Mon Sep 14, 2020 7:41 pm

Regarding YouRei Filters 1,
I am reporting a problem with the HP CLEAN and LP/HP CLEAN presets at 48kHz operation.
There seems to be a wide resonance peak at the HP cutoff point, single or combo presets alike, but only in the
HP portion of preset.
There is also a 2dB or so, gain increase when preset is active.
The LP CLEAN presets do not have this issue. Nor the LP part of the COMBO CLEAN presets.

The HP FULL and LP/HP FULL presets DO NOT have the resonance peak, nor gain increase when active.

Has anyone else experienced this issue?

I have not yet tested other sample rates. (Currently cleaning up field recordings, all at 48k)
I have not yet tested in alternate DAW.

I create AU setups.
I tweak the DSPBUFFER to 512, (Bawling B and Ur-BP/N Filters work better with this setting).
No other tweaks used.

Mac OS-X 10.9.5
Logic 10.2.2
48kHz SR

SWANG
Expert
Expert

Re: Cupwise You-Rei Filters resonance issue, anyone else?

Post by SWANG » Mon Sep 14, 2020 9:30 pm

nothing to add (sorry) except to say that you should definitely reach out to tim via email if you have not already done so. the forum is pretty dead, and i'm sure he's not checking it often. but as i'm sure you know, he's very responsive to emails. and if you let him know you posted about this here, he'll probably add a post containing more info.

these are awesome filters so i hope you can get them going. good luck!

wavemantra
User Level I
User Level I

Post by wavemantra » Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:59 pm

I did. He is looking into it now. I am trying to verify that it is not a problem/mistake on my end.
Y-R Filters were recently updated so I suspect there may be a code error or a mislabeled sample file.
I do not yet own Mixing Filters Pack 3 but I suspect the resonance I am hearing would be something similar to
what the Hycor filters would do (Low cut/shelf type effect with wide resonance at the cutoff point).
Maybe the HP Clean preset is actually the Hycor HP filter, mislabeled.

I understand this forum is 'dead' but it is, at least, AA and not GS.
I need my idiot filters fully activated to tolerate even 5 minutes of post reading over at GS.
Slutz always have problems with disease...

SWANG
Expert
Expert

Post by SWANG » Thu Sep 17, 2020 11:20 pm

😆

ok cool. glad he's looking into it. the update sounds good over here in 44.1 land. at least as best as I can tell...