Flucti-Mew Tube Compressor/Limiter (BIG UPDATE)

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs
takboo
User Level III
User Level III

Re: Flucti-Mew Tube Compressor/Limiter (BIG UPDATE)

Post by takboo » Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:13 am

Thank You for the update! Showing correct value under each knob helps.
I always annoyed changing values of Lite,Full,SHQ on N4. It's easy on N3 but I prefer the sound of N4.
Taking a screen shot and copy the numbers to SHQ or so. But it takes some time.
Hope someday Tim will solve this.

Djani
User Level I
User Level I

Post by Djani » Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:00 am

Thanks Tim, got installed the right programs luckily right away and this compressor is awesome!
Not sure what you've done to it but full programs are much much lighter on cpu.
Much smoother feel on the knobs if I may say and better reaction too.
The needle finally behaves more natural and the new "special" compressor is really really smacking good.
JPN skins design is excellent! Very happy and excited to work with this beast!
Wish your reverbs updates will be next!
Cheers and all the best!

Cupwise
Expert
Expert

Post by Cupwise » Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:43 am

takboo wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:13 am
Thank You for the update! Showing correct value under each knob helps.
I always annoyed changing values of Lite,Full,SHQ on N4. It's easy on N3 but I prefer the sound of N4.
Taking a screen shot and copy the numbers to SHQ or so. But it takes some time.
Hope someday Tim will solve this.
personally i've never noticed any difference in sound between N3 and N4, and maybe that's just me, but i've never even seen where n4 was advertised as having superior sound. my understanding was that it was the same sound engine but with more features possible.
there's nothing i can do to solve the issue of losing values when you switch programs. the ability to allow for switches in the skins that can switch between programs without resetting the controls is not in N4 (or at least not to unofficial devs like me). it was added into N3 skin coding language several years ago at my request but wasn't carried over into N4. i'm not considered an official Nebula dev anymore though so I doubt N4 will be updated to include that ability (i'm probably the only dev whose programs would benefit from it).

see if your DAW's automation system can be used as a workaround. what i do in reaper, is after i've set a compressor up and have the controls where i want them, and want to render in SHQ, i bring up the parameter automation window for the Nebula plugin, and activate each parameter in the compressor (attack, release, etc), assigning them to automation lanes. i don't actually draw any automation curves on there. doing this just locks the controls in place. so then i can switch to SHQ program, and the settings don't get reset. also it's always a good idea to save the project before doing any of this.

i would think almost any modern daw should be able to use that type of tactic for locking the controls in place..
Last edited by Cupwise on Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Cupwise
Expert
Expert

Post by Cupwise » Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:52 am

Djani wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:00 am
Thanks Tim, got installed the right programs luckily right away and this compressor is awesome!
Not sure what you've done to it but full programs are much much lighter on cpu.
Much smoother feel on the knobs if I may say and better reaction too.
The needle finally behaves more natural and the new "special" compressor is really really smacking good.
JPN skins design is excellent! Very happy and excited to work with this beast!
Wish your reverbs updates will be next!
Cheers and all the best!
thanks, glad you like the update and new Special compressor! yeah those gain reduction meters are really hard to get to behave just right, i've been messing around with them for years and sometimes they seem perfect and then you see a situation where they act totally wrong still. so glad to hear it's working better now.
as for updating the reverbs, i don't know if that will happen. i'm guessing you just mean skins for them. the problem is that i have to pay to do the skins and i don't see the skins bringing me in any more sales. maybe like one or two people who haven't already bought them would see the new skins and buy it, who wouldn't have without skins. the reverbs were never nearly as popular as my compressors so it just seems a lot less worth it to do anything like that with them, which is why i haven't. getting all of my comps skinned has been the priority. BUT maybe i might see about getting something like a skin that i could use for all of my plate releases, which would be almost the same across all of them, maybe a simple color palette swap or something. we'll see (would be a while)!

plexus
User Level XI
User Level XI

Post by plexus » Fri Dec 07, 2018 5:30 am

Thanks for the update tim. FMew sounds really nice. I like the skin too. Im using N4. I used the discount that gets you discounts on other products purchased at the same time. so now I have ALL your products. I use them all the time. :geek:

Cupwise
Expert
Expert

Post by Cupwise » Sat Dec 08, 2018 11:55 pm

thanks for the support plex and glad you like the update!