New PC built, all libraries ok except CPCL v4 library.

Acustica Audio's Official Included Library
Nebula3/N4 libraries (Rose, Violet, YROY)
Free Unregistered Version Libraries
Erase Techno
User Level 0
User Level 0

New PC built, all libraries ok except CPCL v4 library.

Post by Erase Techno » Wed May 02, 2018 10:25 am

Hello,

I've just had a brand new windows 10 x64 PC built to replace an older Windows 7 x64, downloaded a fresh version of Nebula 3 pro from my Acoustica account and moved across my old library. Everything has gone fine, but I'm having trouble with one of the official Acoustica CPCL v4 libraries, "Pre #1". This is the only CPCL library I use or have ever used and I had no problems on my previous PC with it. All my other libraries are working fine after the move. These include things like the r2r and tape booster, Mammoth and Doc fear EQ's, a couple of AlexB libraries etc.

I've tried copying the old programs and vectors from the old PC directly into the same folders on the new PC, I've made sure temp folder is empty. I've also tried a fresh download and install of the library directly from the Acoustica website. I can see the programs are in the Nebula preset list, but all I get is "Init" when I try to load them.

Acoustica support tell me to "generate a valid computer identification file, upload and we will authorise". I've managed to do this with Nebula, Mammoth, Doc Fear etc no bother at all. I have searched through every folder in my nebulatemprepositry numerous times and nothing has been generated that I can upload. I have asked support to give me a clue, what the file is called and where it is located, but all I get back is the exact same reply, "generate a valid computer identification file, upload and we will authorise". Helpfully, they add underlining and extra highlighting to the same reply, to really ensure the message has the impact needed to help me work it out for myself.

I'd be super greatful if anyone of the forum could help me get the library working.

Many thanks, Chris.

JRMusic
User Level VI
User Level VI

Re: New PC built, all libraries ok except CPCL v4 library.

Post by JRMusic » Wed May 02, 2018 1:12 pm

Check that the original " .aut " file for that library has not been carried over into the library repository, as this will prevent N4 generating a new " .ser " file.
Hope you find your problem. :?:

Erase Techno
User Level 0
User Level 0

Re: New PC built, all libraries ok except CPCL v4 library.

Post by Erase Techno » Wed May 02, 2018 4:19 pm

Thanks JR. It's Neb3 pro I'm using, not N4.

The thing I don't understand about this situation is, there never was an .aut file associated with this library on my old PC and I never once had an issue loading it. Acustica support insist this is a protected library, but there's no .ser or .aut file for it and never was.

I have always had .aut files for both Mammoth eq and Doc Fear and I can see those in my old nebulatemprepository and now in the new PC, freshly authorised via analog in the box's website, no problems.