Alt data path

Acustica Audio's Official Included Library
Nebula3/N4 libraries (Rose, Violet, YROY)
Free Unregistered Version Libraries
jonassjovaag
User Level II
User Level II

Alt data path

Post by jonassjovaag » Tue May 23, 2017 10:53 am

Hi
After extensive testing I've discovered that altpath on Nebula 4 does not work if the disk is mac-formatted as 'journaled, case-sensitive'. Why is this, adn does anyone know of a workaround?

I want to move my library to this external drive, but as of now the only way would be to convert to case-insensitive by paying for iPartition or formatting. The drive is big, 2TB, with 1.3TB already used and backed up, so it's a hassle to move this amount of data around and I want to avoid this extra work if possible.

- J

reggiejaxx
User Level X
User Level X

Re: Alt data path

Post by reggiejaxx » Mon May 29, 2017 2:07 pm

You tried symlink?

jonassjovaag
User Level II
User Level II

Post by jonassjovaag » Wed May 31, 2017 8:42 am

Yes, but it's a bit unstable.

Support
Expert
Expert

Post by Support » Mon Jun 05, 2017 2:56 pm

jonassjovaag wrote:Hi
After extensive testing I've discovered that altpath on Nebula 4 does not work if the disk is mac-formatted as 'journaled, case-sensitive'. Why is this, adn does anyone know of a workaround?

I want to move my library to this external drive, but as of now the only way would be to convert to case-insensitive by paying for iPartition or formatting. The drive is big, 2TB, with 1.3TB already used and backed up, so it's a hassle to move this amount of data around and I want to avoid this extra work if possible.

- J
Confirmed, 'journaled, case-sensitive' is not supported
by engine.
Best regards,
Acustica Audio help-desk service and support.
https://www.acustica-audio.com/
Acustica Audio is a trademark of Acusticaudio SRL.

To contact Acustica Audio support go to the ‘Support’ in your Acustica Audio account.
We do not provide support via social networks, public forums, Acustica Audio forums, or email accounts.