Compressors

Acustica Audio's Official Included Library
Nebula3/N4 libraries (Rose, Violet, YROY)
Free Unregistered Version Libraries
User avatar
giancarlo
Founder
Founder
Posts: 11142
Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2009 10:40 pm
Location: Italy

Compressors

Post by giancarlo » Wed May 26, 2010 5:40 am

We'll start sampling compressors again soon, now I have a bit of free time for testing them properly.
For gearslutzers: fatfunker 4k is a tl audio featuring 4 kernels (3 harmonics), S*L comp was never sampled:

http://www.gearslutz.com/board/so-much- ... ad-15.html

RJHollins
Expert
Expert
Posts: 3754
Joined: Sun Mar 28, 2010 5:53 pm

Re: Compressors

Post by RJHollins » Wed May 26, 2010 6:41 am

Hi giancarlo,

Are we to understand that a breakthough has come
about with NAT/NEB, and compressors can now enter the 'food chain' ?!?!?!?!?!?
i7-5820k, MSI X99A Plus, 16 GIG Ram, Noctua NH-D14, Win-7 Pro [64-bit], Reaper-64

NVC [Nebula Virtual Controllers]

futur2
Member
Member
Posts: 303
Joined: Sun Mar 28, 2010 8:16 pm

Re: Compressors

Post by futur2 » Wed May 26, 2010 9:41 am

RJHollins wrote:Are we to understand that a breakthough has come
about with NAT/NEB, and compressors can now enter the 'food chain' ?!?!?!?!?!?
great if true :P

Stolle
User Level VI
User Level VI
Posts: 68
Joined: Mon Mar 29, 2010 3:27 am

Re: Compressors

Post by Stolle » Thu May 27, 2010 8:48 am

I told them so but Andy_Cytomic seems to have missed my post. Great thread BTW.

kungfujeezus
User Level I
User Level I
Posts: 17
Joined: Fri Apr 02, 2010 9:16 am

Re: Compressors

Post by kungfujeezus » Thu May 27, 2010 8:20 pm

New compressors? I'm so excited! I can't wait to see & hear them!

mertayy
Member
Member
Posts: 244
Joined: Sun Mar 28, 2010 6:23 pm

Re: Compressors

Post by mertayy » Thu May 27, 2010 8:40 pm

http://www.gearslutz.com/board/new-prod ... ogram.html

Rhythminmind released something today without the compressing function and I loved the demo. Now I'm waiting for him to wake-up and send me a download link :D

TranscendingMusic
Expert
Expert
Posts: 1231
Joined: Sat Mar 27, 2010 7:01 am
Location: USA
Contact:

Re: Compressors

Post by TranscendingMusic » Thu May 27, 2010 9:26 pm

Since compressors are at the forefront now, don't forget about my compressor "Draw Her" 8-)
Bob
mixing | mastering
Cubase 9.5.30 Pro x64
Cakewalk x64 | 3930K(OC) | Win 10 x64

kungfujeezus
User Level I
User Level I
Posts: 17
Joined: Fri Apr 02, 2010 9:16 am

Re: Compressors

Post by kungfujeezus » Fri May 28, 2010 12:45 am

TranscendingMusic wrote:Since compressors are at the forefront now, don't forget about my compressor "Draw Her" 8-)
Wow, when will that be released? Would you say your compressor has more of a '60's sound or a '68 sound? :mrgreen:

ericus
Member
Member
Posts: 243
Joined: Sun Mar 28, 2010 9:37 pm

Re: Compressors

Post by ericus » Fri May 28, 2010 1:06 am

kungfujeezus wrote:Wow, when will that be released? Would you say your compressor has more of a '60's sound or a '68 sound? :mrgreen:
Hi,

Here's the description on Transcending Music's web page here on the site:

"Draw Her" -
Based around a specific '68 model compressor, this preset can be subtle as well as heavily character driven. In its more driven and/or extreme settings, it can round out a signal by smoothing high's but more importantly add weight and warmth to a signal. This is a unique compressor without threshold control with an implemented 'Soft' or 'Hard' knee parameter.


It's been out for a while now. Here's the link :

http://transcendingmusicstudios.com/nebulapg2.html

Sorry for the sales pitch Bob, don't want to do your job... :mrgreen:

Eric

TranscendingMusic
Expert
Expert
Posts: 1231
Joined: Sat Mar 27, 2010 7:01 am
Location: USA
Contact:

Re: Compressors

Post by TranscendingMusic » Fri May 28, 2010 1:54 am

ericus wrote:
kungfujeezus wrote:Wow, when will that be released? Would you say your compressor has more of a '60's sound or a '68 sound? :mrgreen:
Hi,

Here's the description on Transcending Music's web page here on the site:

"Draw Her" -
Based around a specific '68 model compressor, this preset can be subtle as well as heavily character driven. In its more driven and/or extreme settings, it can round out a signal by smoothing high's but more importantly add weight and warmth to a signal. This is a unique compressor without threshold control with an implemented 'Soft' or 'Hard' knee parameter.


It's been out for a while now. Here's the link :

http://transcendingmusicstudios.com/nebulapg2.html

Sorry for the sales pitch Bob, don't want to do your job... :mrgreen:

Eric
lol! No by all means Eric... No but really, thanks I appreciate it when people talk about or get excited over them, it's cool man. 8-)

In actuality, I'm a bit modest when it comes to promoting my own stuff, like for example I never posted on gearslutz or whatever about these when I had released them. I've been thinking may be I should though because what's the point if users aren't aware of these developments right...
Bob
mixing | mastering
Cubase 9.5.30 Pro x64
Cakewalk x64 | 3930K(OC) | Win 10 x64

mertayy
Member
Member
Posts: 244
Joined: Sun Mar 28, 2010 6:23 pm

Re: Compressors

Post by mertayy » Fri May 28, 2010 2:12 am

TranscendingMusic wrote:In actuality, I'm a bit modest when it comes to promoting my own stuff, like for example I never posted on gearslutz or whatever about these when I had released them. I've been thinking may be I should though because what's the point if users aren't aware of these developments right...
Well, its not like you're paying anything to get the word out on such forums right? I don't find any of the developers aggressively trying to sell their products (including acusticaudio, which is funny cause people moan about this :D ), but an approach would be nice I mean besides here (for a customer) its nice to ask questions to the developer where ever he reads about the product first.

Also for me the more information the better. Best thing I liked till now was watching Mangel's youtube video's, I see such things more as educative rather than promotion.

And wow we got so off-topic, my fault :)

RJHollins
Expert
Expert
Posts: 3754
Joined: Sun Mar 28, 2010 5:53 pm

Re: Compressors

Post by RJHollins » Fri May 28, 2010 2:35 am

still would like to know ...

Has something new developed that has advanced the
handling of compressors within Nebula ?

thanks! ... and hoping so !! :D
i7-5820k, MSI X99A Plus, 16 GIG Ram, Noctua NH-D14, Win-7 Pro [64-bit], Reaper-64

NVC [Nebula Virtual Controllers]

futur2
Member
Member
Posts: 303
Joined: Sun Mar 28, 2010 8:16 pm

Re: Compressors

Post by futur2 » Fri May 28, 2010 12:08 pm

RJHollins wrote:still would like to know ...

Has something new developed that has advanced the
handling of compressors within Nebula ?

thanks! ... and hoping so !! :D
bump me wanna know too! :?:

Stolle
User Level VI
User Level VI
Posts: 68
Joined: Mon Mar 29, 2010 3:27 am

Re: Compressors

Post by Stolle » Fri May 28, 2010 1:18 pm

I'm with the previous two posts. And more specifically, what are the limitations on the attack and release times? Could you say what that fastest possible attack-time that is achievable with NEB/NAT is? I suppose that limitation rukes out some compressors for sampling.

User avatar
AlexB
Expert
Expert
Posts: 661
Joined: Wed Mar 31, 2010 6:28 pm
Location: NW Italy
Contact:

Re: Compressors

Post by AlexB » Wed Jun 09, 2010 1:37 am

Uhmmmm... This summer I'll try to sample the SSL4000E stereo buss compressor... To see what happens :mrgreen:
Close your eyes and Mix with the ears
Facebook
WebSite

Post Reply