VIOLET discussion topic

Acustica Audio's Official Included Library
Nebula3/N4 libraries (Rose, Violet, YROY)
Free Unregistered Version Libraries
malekmusic
User Level VII
User Level VII

Re: VIOLET discussion topic

Post by malekmusic » Sat May 20, 2017 1:18 am

Support wrote:
mchillak wrote:Is there a way to use a side-chain with Violet?
what is the sense of this video? to show us that its possible in some daws?? if you show how to set up a highpassed sidechain in cubase (which is not possible as far as i know), i will shut up forever, until then, i will write down my anger on a regular basis.

not being able to use all your new compressors since sand (i own sand, lime, gold and of course nebula4 violet) is so painful that i cant take it.

mchillak
User Level VI
User Level VI

Post by mchillak » Mon May 22, 2017 3:59 am

The version of violet I have doesn't have a SC option. I've downloaded the latest version in my dashboard. Is it possible the latest version isn't up there?

Support
Expert
Expert

Post by Support » Mon May 22, 2017 5:06 pm

mchillak wrote:The version of violet I have doesn't have a SC option. I've downloaded the latest version in my dashboard. Is it possible the latest version isn't up there?
There is two Violets, Nebula3 emulation presets version (compressor and preamp), and N4 emulation preset version which is in Acquaplugins folder. N4 version include compressor, preamp, and external side chain in a single emulation preset.
Best regards,
Enrique Silveti.
Acustica Audio customer and technical support
http://www.acustica-audio.com

DavideBurattin
User Level X
User Level X

Post by DavideBurattin » Mon May 22, 2017 6:50 pm

Support wrote:
mchillak wrote:The version of violet I have doesn't have a SC option. I've downloaded the latest version in my dashboard. Is it possible the latest version isn't up there?
There is two Violets, Nebula3 emulation presets version (compressor and preamp), and N4 emulation preset version which is in Acquaplugins folder. N4 version include compressor, preamp, and external side chain in a single emulation preset.
Same "Problem" here, I found Violet in my dashboard, in N4, under "Violet" folder: Win rel B
But when loadedo in N4 it hasn't the sidechain button...
Maybe I'm missing something?

grabie
User Level VII
User Level VII

Post by grabie » Mon May 22, 2017 7:51 pm

N-4 - Finder - Acqua Effect Plug-in (AQP) - VIOLET
windows 10 x64 - i7 6700K - 32 gb ram - GeForce GTX 960 - Asus Z170-A - RME HDSPe AIO

fastersound
User Level IX
User Level IX

Post by fastersound » Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:15 pm

Thinking of using Violet on the 2buss, just wondering if anyone knows if it compresses in dual-mono, or is it stereo-linked? I couldn't find any info on this. I'm hoping it's dual-mono, as I would like to compress the left and right channels independently. If not, any recommendations for ITB dual-mono mastering compressors?

botus99
Expert
Expert

Post by botus99 » Fri Jun 23, 2017 2:10 pm

fastersound wrote:Thinking of using Violet on the 2buss, just wondering if anyone knows if it compresses in dual-mono, or is it stereo-linked? I couldn't find any info on this. I'm hoping it's dual-mono, as I would like to compress the left and right channels independently. If not, any recommendations for ITB dual-mono mastering compressors?
Don't quote me on it, but IIRC Violet is stereo. At least in Reaper, there is a '2 in / 2 out' button (maybe a 4 instead of a 2) in the top right portion of the plugin window that allows you to only process one side of audio, instead of both. If your are using Reaper, it should be a matter of loading 2 Violets, clicking the in/out buttons, and setting each Violet to contrasting sides.

Like I said though, I may be completely wrong on Violet being stereo. Anyway, that's how you can force dual mono operation with a stereo compressor in Reaper. Hopefully that helps someone reading this :lol:
Win10 / Reaper / i7 6700K / 16gb RAM | ZED-R16 / Digi003 (Revive modded)
N4 - Orange, Blue, Purple, Pearl, Diamond, Ebony, Gold, Navy, Amethyst, Lime, Sand, Pink, Titanium, Aquamarine, Coral, Cobalt, Lemon

fastersound
User Level IX
User Level IX

Post by fastersound » Fri Jun 23, 2017 5:29 pm

botus99 wrote:Don't quote me on it, but IIRC Violet is stereo. At least in Reaper, there is a '2 in / 2 out' button (maybe a 4 instead of a 2) in the top right portion of the plugin window that allows you to only process one side of audio, instead of both. If your are using Reaper, it should be a matter of loading 2 Violets, clicking the in/out buttons, and setting each Violet to contrasting sides.

Like I said though, I may be completely wrong on Violet being stereo. Anyway, that's how you can force dual mono operation with a stereo compressor in Reaper. Hopefully that helps someone reading this :lol:
Good to know, thanks!

Djani
User Level I
User Level I

Post by Djani » Fri Aug 18, 2017 2:40 pm

Guys I've read on FB Audiofile group that violet can be made as standalone easy using all the ingredients we got inside N4 Acqua folder it comes with dark red skin.
Did anyone manage to do this successfully on Mac for AAX platform?
I have tried to copy all Violet files to plugins folder and to make aax plugin renaming latest engine but protools is crashing soon as I try to insert the Violet plugin. Would be nice to have it standalone since it is a go to bus compressor from day one.
Cheers all!

markgalup
Expert
Expert

Post by markgalup » Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:20 pm

Hey folks,

I’m trying to use Violet in a mastering project today. Wondering a few things @giancarlo is this compressor in Insane mode by default? I see no button/option.

Thanks,
MG
Mark Galup
Producer/Mixer/MFiT-Approved Mastering Engineer
MarkGalup.com
ReelRecording.com
Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Acustica Audio Dealer for the USA -> Contact me for US Discounts

mathias
Expert
Expert

Post by mathias » Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:48 pm

hi mark, are you using it in N4?

Edit: in N4 it has a prog rate of 1.4 ms here, so not as fast as those "insane" compressors were set at. if you use moderate attack times it should not make a difference
system 1: windows 8 32 bit - samplitude prox/x3, tracktion6/7, reaper
system 2: mac osx yosemite - reaper(32+64bit), tracktion6/7(32+64bit)

both systems on: macbook pro (late 2009), core 2 duo 3,06 ghz, 4 gb ram, graphic: nvidia geforce 9600M GT 512 MB

markgalup
Expert
Expert

Post by markgalup » Wed Mar 14, 2018 4:45 am

Thanks for responding, mathias - I am using it as a standalone Acqua. Any thoughts on that? Edit the xml? I am using it on slowest attack but I’d like it to sound as good as possible as I’m using it on master.

Thanks,
MG
Mark Galup
Producer/Mixer/MFiT-Approved Mastering Engineer
MarkGalup.com
ReelRecording.com
Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Acustica Audio Dealer for the USA -> Contact me for US Discounts

Support
Expert
Expert

Post by Support » Fri Mar 16, 2018 6:33 pm

You can not edit this parameter value in an Acqua Effect plug-in, use Violet Acqua Library for N4.
Best regards,
Enrique Silveti.
Acustica Audio customer and technical support
http://www.acustica-audio.com