Nebula server and Nebula local server

Tips & tricks, working results, technical support
User avatar
tumburu
Vip Member
Vip Member
Posts: 462
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:00 pm

Re: Nebula server and Nebula local server

Post by tumburu » Sat Oct 09, 2010 8:20 pm

Definitely interested in the Mac server. I understand that it can only talk to Windows PCs, not to other Macs.

User avatar
zabukowski
Expert
Expert
Posts: 1452
Joined: Sun Mar 28, 2010 8:44 pm
Location: Ljubljana, Slovenia
Contact:

Re: Nebula server and Nebula local server

Post by zabukowski » Sat Oct 09, 2010 8:27 pm

One Nebula Windows localserver for me, please 8-)

Zabukowski

User avatar
giancarlo
Founder
Founder
Posts: 10903
Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2009 10:40 pm
Location: Italy

Re: Nebula server and Nebula local server

Post by giancarlo » Sat Oct 09, 2010 8:39 pm

tumburu wrote:Definitely interested in the Mac server. I understand that it can only talk to Windows PCs, not to other Macs.
also other macs. This solution is still buggy though

User avatar
tumburu
Vip Member
Vip Member
Posts: 462
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:00 pm

Re: Nebula server and Nebula local server

Post by tumburu » Sat Oct 09, 2010 9:41 pm

giancarlo wrote:This solution is still buggy though
So it's stabler from Mac to PC. Very good then, that's how I'm going to use it anyway.

RJHollins
Expert
Expert
Posts: 3333
Joined: Sun Mar 28, 2010 5:53 pm

Re: Nebula server and Nebula local server

Post by RJHollins » Sat Oct 09, 2010 10:10 pm

I'm currently in the process of design & build of a new mastering suite. [Thanks to NEBULA] :shock: :D

I would definitely be interested in a 'farm' solution to handle the increasing load.

There are some questions that come to mind regarding a multi-computer 'network' that I would like to understand to know the best work choice.

Here's one: Project RECALL. With the current 1 computer DAW, all projects can be recalled from a saved pre-set. What happens in the multi-DAW configuration to recall a project?

Thanks
i7-5820k, MSI X99A Plus, 16 GIG Ram, Noctua NH-D14, Win-7 Pro [64-bit], Reaper-64

NVC [Nebula Virtual Controllers]

ericus
Member
Member
Posts: 243
Joined: Sun Mar 28, 2010 9:37 pm

Re: Nebula server and Nebula local server

Post by ericus » Sat Oct 09, 2010 10:16 pm

Sounds great!

Do you have the hardware and software requirements for the different Nebula Server versions? Do we need to run a DAW software on the server or not?

Thanks!

Eric

User avatar
giancarlo
Founder
Founder
Posts: 10903
Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2009 10:40 pm
Location: Italy

Re: Nebula server and Nebula local server

Post by giancarlo » Sat Oct 09, 2010 10:26 pm

only a single daw, servers are just servers. You need the library installed there, though, but you don't need even audio cards there

User avatar
giancarlo
Founder
Founder
Posts: 10903
Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2009 10:40 pm
Location: Italy

Re: Nebula server and Nebula local server

Post by giancarlo » Sat Oct 09, 2010 10:27 pm

RJHollins wrote:I'm currently in the process of design & build of a new mastering suite. [Thanks to NEBULA] :shock: :D

I would definitely be interested in a 'farm' solution to handle the increasing load.

There are some questions that come to mind regarding a multi-computer 'network' that I would like to understand to know the best work choice.

Here's one: Project RECALL. With the current 1 computer DAW, all projects can be recalled from a saved pre-set. What happens in the multi-DAW configuration to recall a project?

Thanks
they are recalled if the configuration does not change

User avatar
giancarlo
Founder
Founder
Posts: 10903
Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2009 10:40 pm
Location: Italy

Re: Nebula server and Nebula local server

Post by giancarlo » Sat Oct 09, 2010 10:29 pm

ericus wrote:Sounds great!

Do you have the hardware and software requirements for the different Nebula Server versions? Do we need to run a DAW software on the server or not?

Thanks!

Eric
no, but you need powerful lan network, possibly many lan cables between the client and the server

ericus
Member
Member
Posts: 243
Joined: Sun Mar 28, 2010 9:37 pm

Re: Nebula server and Nebula local server

Post by ericus » Sat Oct 09, 2010 10:38 pm

You mean like multiple NICs per machine? Should we avoid switches and just use X-Over cables?

Post Reply