Just how am i meant to use a nebula console?!?!?

Tips & tricks, working results, technical support
breaker
User Level 0
User Level 0

Re: Just how am i meant to use a nebula console?!?!?

Post by breaker » Wed Sep 29, 2010 11:20 pm

both reverb and the regular version.. i know the reverb version is a killer on cpu.. i dont mind that really, i only use it sparingly.

But i have the Doc Fear and Mammoth EQ's also and would really love to be able to run more instances but it just gets very temperamental if i load more than about 3 or 4 instances..

Just wondered if anyone had any tips on optimising it? There's lot of settings in nebula i dont really understand!

woeischris

Post by woeischris » Wed Sep 29, 2010 11:27 pm

Reverb is actually easier on CPU than standard. I always use it unless I'm tracking with effects, which I never do.

breaker
User Level 0
User Level 0

Post by breaker » Wed Sep 29, 2010 11:29 pm

really? silly question then - but can you load up the reverb version but then run an eq or preamp from that?

ngarjuna
Expert
Expert

Post by ngarjuna » Wed Sep 29, 2010 11:38 pm

breaker wrote:really? silly question then - but can you load up the reverb version but then run an eq or preamp from that?
Yes. The word "Reverb" here designates a particular plugin which can be used to load any/all programs the same as the other plugin. And that's not a silly question.

woeischris

Post by woeischris » Wed Sep 29, 2010 11:42 pm

Yeah, it's just called "reverb" because it's ideal for reverb because of... something something something. I don't know, I just know it's easier on your CPU.

Grim

Post by Grim » Wed Sep 29, 2010 11:54 pm

Also make sure ghost mode is enabled in the master page.

3 or 4 is really low for your spec...I think I used to manage about a dozen or so on XP32.

But to get to 40 you really need a 64bit os to beat the single program ram limit. Most people can only use 1.7Gb per program (think for some its only 1.3Gb) in a 32bit o/s & your DAW already uses a chunk of that & if you also use any sampled instruments that load into memory you'll quickly run out.
Check your task managager performance tab while running a project to see how much you are using...if its 1.3Gb or 1.7 when you hit problems then that is what you need to address....free up some memory.

breaker
User Level 0
User Level 0

Post by breaker » Thu Sep 30, 2010 12:03 am

Thanks for the tips guys, i'll give your suggestions a go tonight ;)