Mac OS 64 bit | Request | Beg | Plea

Tips & tricks, working results, technical support
pinnocio
User Level I
User Level I

Mac OS 64 bit | Request | Beg | Plea

Post by pinnocio » Sun Jan 01, 2012 10:05 am

Dear Nebula Pro (Server) developers,
this isn't one of those - "it's not fair", "come on already.." etc posts about not having 64bit support for Mac users. This is a genuine request/beg/plea for such an update.

Using Logic's 32bit bridge, I find myself choosing NOT to use Nebula in many situations just because it's very time consuming.. Nebula isn't your typical open-set-forget plugin, it takes a little time to load, the library is huge and sometimes you need to find the right preset - not to mention the constant check of input volume.. and well... in Logic it's a pain in the ass with the 32bit bridge.

If I had a 64bit version I would fu#$ing use Nebula on almost every channel.. I just love this plugin, heard some of the best EQs and Reverbs in my life with it... It's a genuine plea/etc.. for "please think of me and others like myself and help us".

All the best,
Yoav

giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Re: Mac OS 64 bit | Request | Beg | Plea

Post by giancarlo » Sun Jan 01, 2012 2:01 pm

okok

dejanilly
User Level I
User Level I

Post by dejanilly » Mon Jan 02, 2012 10:23 pm

+1

Happy new year :))))

sfunk

Post by sfunk » Wed Jan 04, 2012 1:16 pm

Just posted on another thread. When can we expect another update? Getting bored asking for 64bit Mac now. Over a year is it?

sfunk

Post by sfunk » Fri Jan 06, 2012 4:28 pm

Any updates? Always good to keep customers informed.

Thanks

cpwade
Vip Member
Vip Member

Post by cpwade » Sat Jan 07, 2012 2:28 am

*edit*
Last edited by cpwade on Thu Jul 26, 2012 1:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

richie43
Expert
Expert

Post by richie43 » Sat Jan 07, 2012 7:39 am

I don't use a Mac, but this thread is even making me cringe a bit.
The Sounds of the Hear and Now
http://soundyaudio.com/

sfunk

Post by sfunk » Sat Jan 07, 2012 12:14 pm

Ballbusting? I love Nebula but the customer service is overly curt at times. Paid mac users (i have both Neb and server, the only reason i bought server was because i thought i would get better performance but hey that was wrong) have been asking for 64bit for a long long time now and posts like this either get ignored or a reply like "okok"

Cringe all you like in private but don't try and make me feel that i am being unreasonable

pinnocio
User Level I
User Level I

Post by pinnocio » Sat Jan 07, 2012 12:49 pm

and I like the word "Bullbustin"!

Seriously though, though I share sfunk's frustration, I do know that as a paying customer, I have a working software and have "nothing to complain" about.

Having said that, as a paying MAC customer (Server by the way) I do feel that I'm considered "less important/valuable" than the PC one and that is just wrong and lets face it, if I feel and other mac users/owners feel that way, I'm guessing many potential buyers are as well and that's even worse;

Asking and frankly requiring a 64 bit version which will make my workflow so much easier is not just my right but as I see it, a must from the developer's point of view. Nebula will NEVER get to its full potential, and I'm not talking just programming wise, I'm talking 3rd party developers, community etc - in its current state (mind you that we only have a very few - windows exclusive Aqua powered plugins... and they're all 32bit - for windows!). We have our 5-6 3rd party developers and some of them didn't update in almost a year... If you think it has nothing to do with the community and the mac user crowd you're wrong. I want Nebula to grow, get even better and see Nebula 4 soon featuring some amazing new features and even better realizem, correct me if I'm wrong Giancarlo, but that will not happen without a bigger, more active user database and paying customers.

I don't mind helping where and however I can, for free of course. You can contact me via my email and I will be more than happy to help but consider what I've said and think of the future of Nebula cause honestly, though I'm not really active on forums and such, I have a feeling Nebula is not where it's supposed to be and that's the real shame.

Yoav

sfunk

Post by sfunk » Sat Jan 07, 2012 4:39 pm

pinnocio-well said. Sorry if i sound agitated but i went from being a Nebula user who said to everyone i knew "Get Nebula, support it, get it now!" to "well........the sound quality is great but........"

cpwade
Vip Member
Vip Member

Post by cpwade » Sun Jan 08, 2012 3:24 am

*edit*
Last edited by cpwade on Thu Jul 26, 2012 1:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

cpwade
Vip Member
Vip Member

Post by cpwade » Sun Jan 08, 2012 3:49 am

*edit*
Last edited by cpwade on Thu Jul 26, 2012 1:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

sfunk

Post by sfunk » Sun Jan 08, 2012 12:04 pm

edit-reply deleted. Don't want to start agro. Lets see what the new year brings.

pinnocio
User Level I
User Level I

Post by pinnocio » Sun Jan 08, 2012 1:18 pm

cpwade, as I was reading both your typical/generic "I'm unique/different. I don't think and want what most people probably want" - which is a huge reason why I don't hang out in forums and such, I came across the line that changed my entire perspective; why should I give a ... if it was PC only program? it isn't now and I'm betting the whole reason for that is - tam tam tam taaaam = expansion aka more customers aka a bigger user base = more money for development and well... living, so with all due respect, I find your post misleading and frankly, irrelevant. We were asking for a 64bit, we want more customers for Nebula to keep and increase development times and innovations - Waves for example, (which I don't like btw) doesn't have and have yet to reveal and release date for a 64bit version just stating - next year... ahhamm.. and they're WAVES, the whole american-capitalists-moneymakers-lier-greedy bastards (that are primarily based in Israel so...). Oh, and if it meant for Nebula to become the best that it can, yeah, I wouldn't mind the server being 350EU, you pay for what you get don't you? and if you pay 300$ for a waves plugin, well... hahaha, same thing but they got what you payed for ;)

Honestly? it was kind of offensive to get a response like "okok", but I figured it to be "I'm getting there, just wait a little more". Now after sfunk's posts, I get the feeling I was being shushed, not cool.

I just had a short "conversation" (email) with SKnote (forgot his name). Turned out his "verbtone" 64bit's version crashed Logic's validation.. When I said how I wished to use it on my vocals he asked me when are we due to start mixing stating he will try and fix it before that.. I believe that though he wanted me to use my purchased product, he wanted his product to appear on the vocals for a new album (even though he didn't hear any of the demos) - that's expanding man - and guess what, SKnote began also as a PC only....
Like I said, generic.

sfunk, I had a chance to read your post before you deleted and edited it, I mainly agree with what you wrote, it was just a bit harsh.. I do hope that the one who should read it, did so.

Yoav

cpwade
Vip Member
Vip Member

Post by cpwade » Sun Jan 08, 2012 3:55 pm

Fair enough, opinions and reactions respected.

I went on a full rant after having just come from the reading GS nebula post. My post was out of line, and clearly in the wrong thread, directed at the wrong individuals.

My motive is this, I want the developer base and the 3rd party library devs to feel less discouraged. Trust me, right now it's in the air.

Again, my apologies.