N4 doesn't appear in DAW(s)

Tips & tricks, working results, technical support
jdunn
User Level I
User Level I

N4 doesn't appear in DAW(s)

Post by jdunn » Mon Aug 05, 2019 11:38 pm

N4 and all Acquas were installed to Windows 10 with Aquarius. All my Acquas show up, but neither Studio One nor Reaper will scan N4 at all. It's like it's not there.

I backed up and deleted/purged the Stage Area, nebula4temprepository, and the N4 files in VST folder(s), then reinstalled N4 as VST2 only with Aquarius. That didn't work.

I don't know what to try next. I was going to use this installation to transfer to an offline DAW, but now it's all messed up.

[email protected]
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Re: N4 doesn't appear in DAW(s)

Post by [email protected] » Tue Aug 06, 2019 2:52 am

Currently, I'm having the same issue on Reaper.
Cubase Pro 10 is fine.
:?:

SteDal
Expert
Expert

Post by SteDal » Tue Aug 06, 2019 11:12 am

[email protected] wrote:
Tue Aug 06, 2019 2:52 am
Currently, I'm having the same issue on Reaper.
Cubase Pro 10 is fine.
:?:
The same thing just happened to me last week, when I exchanged the system disk in my laptop for a faster SSD drive. I reinstalled everything from scratch, but oddly enough, N4 wasn't recognized as a valid plug-in by Reaper (it worked fine in other hosts, though...).

I had to uninstall N4, clear the N4 entry in Reaper's "reaper-vstplugins64.ini" file, then reinstall from scratch the previous-from-last version of N4 (N000 from feb 2019 for PC, for Mac it's a different one, but I can't remember now...)

That did the trick. Apparently, the latest version of N4 is a bit problematic, and not just regarding the correct recall of the external libraries' settings.
Win 10/64 - Intel i7-5820K - Intel i7-4510U - Reaper 5.977

jdunn
User Level I
User Level I

Post by jdunn » Thu Aug 08, 2019 9:22 pm

SteDal wrote:
Tue Aug 06, 2019 11:12 am

I had to uninstall N4, clear the N4 entry in Reaper's "reaper-vstplugins64.ini" file, then reinstall from scratch the previous-from-last version of N4 (N000 from feb 2019 for PC, for Mac it's a different one, but I can't remember now...)

That did the trick. Apparently, the latest version of N4 is a bit problematic, and not just regarding the correct recall of the external libraries' settings.
Thank you for this info SteDal. I used Aquarius to downgrade N4 to the N000 version, and deleted the "reaper-vstplugins64.ini" file as you suggested. On Windows 10 that file is located at "C:>Users>username>AppData>Roaming>REAPER". Now N4 works in Reaper again.

Studio One still doesn't scan N4 though. I've tried deleting a few file entries in the (Studio One) Settings Folder, but no luck yet. I'll ask about this on the PreSonus forum.