First time install to offline DAW questions

Tips & tricks, working results, technical support
jdunn
User Level I
User Level I

First time install to offline DAW questions

Post by jdunn » Sat Jan 19, 2019 7:01 pm

I have installed Aquarius on my Windows 10 internet computer. It is working perfectly. As suggested in Gearslutz thread, I put the Aquarius Stage Area on a 1TB portable USB drive. Then the first thing I did is install Nebula 4 from Aquarius. Then I installed my Acquas. Now I want to install all my Acustica plugins on a fresh new offline DAW. I have read the Acustica instructions and the Will The Weirdo method, but I have a few questions. I'd like to get this right the first time, assuming I haven't messed up already.

So this is what I think I'm supposed to do.
1) Delete AUT files in nebula4temprepository and vstplugins folders on Aquarius computer.
2) Connect USB drive to offline DAW computer so it sees the Aquarius Stage Area. I assume the drive letter has to be the same as on the internet computer. Is this correct?
3) Copy both folders, 1) nebula4temprepository 2) vstplugins, to the offline DAW.
4) I know how to authorize the plugins once they're installed onto the new DAW, but are those 3 steps above correct? Or should I install Nebula 4 on the new DAW from the installer file downloaded from Acustica site, then copy the Acqua files over from the internet computer? Grazie.

jdunn
User Level I
User Level I

Re: First time install to offline DAW questions

Post by jdunn » Sun Jan 20, 2019 7:38 am

OK I've given this some more thought. Now I think having the Aquarius Stage Area on a portable USB drive is only useful if you're installing to additional online machines. The offline machine is not using Aquarius, so it doesn't care about the Stage Area. I'm just gonna copy the files from nebula4temprepository and vstplugins folders to the portable drive and then to the new DAW, and I'm pretty sure that's it.