Problems with Bronze / Henry Acqua Libraries

Tips & tricks, working results, technical support
woodnut
User Level I
User Level I

Problems with Bronze / Henry Acqua Libraries

Post by woodnut » Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:37 pm

Hello folks, I'm hoping this is a quick easy fix :

Since purchasing Bronze & Henry Q, it seems that if I add any more programs to my nebula repository, Bronze and Henry won't load when I open a mix with instances of them in it. Bronze actually shows the text "Blu Mu preset 5" in the display for N4. Henry crashes Reaper if I bring it online in Reaper.

If I open the finder for N4 from the broken Bronze instance I can see that bronze is no longer in the acqua library folder and is in its own "bronze" folder outside of all other folders. I can select this and Bronze works, but of course I lose my settings from the original instance.

If I open a new N4 plug and open the finder Bronze is back in the folder "Acqua Library".

If I delete the newly added vector / program files everything loads as it should in the mixes where I have instances of Bronze / Henry.

Its like these Acqua libraries are not being scanned / indexed properly.
So far I have tried deleting the temp folder, clearing the cache from within the settings and deleting scanboot.xml and also getting the factory n4.xml in case this has been changed at all but I am still unable to load mixes saved with Henry or Bronze in.

I opened scanboot.xml and can see bronze & henry Q mentioned in the log file.

I have had some issues with Reaper previously behaving strangely with the SRC conversion flashing arrows and had to replace instances of N4 in my mixes to get around this.

I'm on Reaper with full version N4.

Andrums
Vip Member
Vip Member

Re: Problems with Bronze / Henry Acqua Libraries

Post by Andrums » Wed Sep 19, 2018 1:08 am

Same problem here.
When I add new Acqua libs for N4

MacOS
Cubase 9.5

woodnut
User Level I
User Level I

Post by woodnut » Wed Sep 19, 2018 2:46 am

That makes me feel better I guess!? I usually assume that I've done something silly somewhere.

I've spent all night on this now trying to get to the bottom of it.

Just to be sure I backed up my nebula folder, reinstalled with Aquarius, then reinstalled the acqua libraries via Aquarius (Violet, Bronze, Henry Q, Henry F).

I then had a clean install with no third party libraries installed.

I made a new project in Reaper, added Violet, Bronze, Henry Q, Henry F.
I saved the project. Then I added just one program and vector file into the relevant nebula folders, tried to reopen the project and it crashes reaper. I tried to open it in fx safety mode but as soon as I bring any one of the n4 instances containing an acqua library online it hangs reaper. If I delete the program / vector file I can open the reaper project again.

N4 has been working pretty well for me with a large number of third party libraries. I have only just purchased Bronze and Henry Q, I have copper and tokyo EQ on demo also.

It seems like quite a serious problem with the potential to waste a lot of hours mixing.
Any change made to those folders causes every instance in every mix I have done in reaper to then be unrecoverable. I had been using Bronze and Henry Q a lot on several mixes this week.
I cannot recall them to get my settings. I can add new instances but I cannot be sure that I can reopen the project or that they will load with settings recalled.

I guess at this stage I could use frozen boot as a kind fail safe and then not purchase any more nebula libraries or N4 acqua libraries. I had been adding a few bits from the HO AYCE bundle in bits and pieces over the last few weeks. As far as I can tell, I would need to restore those vector/program folder to the same state they were in at the point when I was doing that mix to be able to recall it!

I've raised a ticket.

RJHollins
Expert
Expert

Post by RJHollins » Wed Sep 19, 2018 5:31 am

I have posted this exact issue in the Beta-Test forum.

We are waiting on a solution.

This issue affects every N-4 based 'Acqua' style library.
Even adding a standard N4 library [Program/Vector], it will cause this issue of pre-saved audio projects crashing/freezing, etc.
[if it contains an N-4-Acqua].

This requires immediate attention/fix.
i7-5820k, MSI X99A Plus, 16 GIG Ram, Noctua NH-D14, Win-7 Pro [64-bit], Reaper-64

NVC [Nebula Virtual Controllers]

Andrums
Vip Member
Vip Member

Post by Andrums » Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:59 am

I have found temporary solution.
Before use,make Setups for new Acqua Libs with only one program

RJHollins
Expert
Expert

Post by RJHollins » Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:07 am

Andrums wrote:
Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:59 am
I have found temporary solution.
Before use,make Setups for new Acqua Libs with only one program
That was raised in beta-forum ... however ... there was another issue that surfaced from making an 'Acqua' Setup.
Something regarding the 'Skin'. [maybe this has been addressed in certain cases].

Anyway ... if you are testing this ... please keep us/me informed what success/issue you find.

[also ... please post a Ticket ... and anyone else, to keep this issue in the focus.

Thanks
i7-5820k, MSI X99A Plus, 16 GIG Ram, Noctua NH-D14, Win-7 Pro [64-bit], Reaper-64

NVC [Nebula Virtual Controllers]

woodnut
User Level I
User Level I

Post by woodnut » Wed Sep 19, 2018 12:09 pm

This seems like a quite a serious issue for anyone buying and using Acqua Libraries, I'm surprised I haven't seen any previous mention of this.

Surely there is shortly going to be a situation where there are some seriously annoyed users when they try to access those lovely mixes they spent ages crafting.

One idea I had which I haven't tried yet was to create a copy of the dll file and xml file for use with Acqua libraries only breaking its link to the repository. i could then have a separate "normal" N4 xml and dll file which deals with the normal vector and program folders and isn't linked to the acqua library folders.

It won't get me back into my Reaper sessions but could give me a stable platform with which to start using acqua libraries again.

fisto
User Level VI
User Level VI

Post by fisto » Wed Sep 19, 2018 12:45 pm

wow, this is really bad. I wanted to try Bronze 2 and Henry Q this week, but I won't now.
Will wait for the fix, but then the prelease will be gone :(

Thanks a lot for this important heads-up.
I think Acustica HQ should fix this asap and cover the reduced price of the therefore prolonged pre-sale or finally make Loyalty Coupons usable for 3rd party Aqua-Libs.

woodnut
User Level I
User Level I

Post by woodnut » Wed Sep 19, 2018 3:04 pm

I'm really surprised I haven't seen more about this on the various threads.
It renders Acqua libraries unusable for an N4 commercial user who wants to explore new third party releases.

I've only just got on board with Acqua libraries, but am I right in thinking that this issue must have been present and unresolved since the very first Acuqa Library release (Bronze 1 - March 2018) ?

I don't recall getting an N4 update that could have a bug in it, via Aquarius, but perhaps there was an update during this time and i installed it without thinking any more of it.

Does this affect users of N4 player? If they add new libraries do the instances get lost upon recall in a mix or does it only affect N4 commercial with third party libraries installed by the likes of Tim P, Cupwise etc.

woodnut
User Level I
User Level I

Post by woodnut » Wed Sep 19, 2018 7:49 pm

Actually just to add, I did another experiment :

I made a clean install of N4 and did clean install of Bronze and Henry Q. I started a new session added these saved it then installed Henry F. That session with Bronze and Hnery Q cannot be opened so it doesn't have to be third party libraries in the vector / program folders that triggers the bug.

If I uninstall Henry F the session can then be opened again without crashing Reaper.

For anyone reading, my ticket was answered and Acustica Support are aware and looking into this bug. They are working on a workaround via aquarius and hopefully there will be more information in the next few days

SteDal
Expert
Expert

Post by SteDal » Thu Sep 20, 2018 1:31 pm

There's possibly a solution to the song-not-loading-correctly problem.

Take a look here, Giancarlo explains how to test a new engine version that should solve any inconvenience:

https://forum.acustica-audio.com/viewto ... 66#p128866

As written in the post above, handle with care...
Win 10/64 - Intel i7-5820K - Intel i7-4510U - Reaper 5.95

Support
Expert
Expert

Post by Support » Thu Sep 20, 2018 3:39 pm

Please read N4 and N4 Player not recall settings correctly after new products installed help-desk solution: https://acusticaudio.freshdesk.com/supp ... -installed
Best regards,
Enrique Silveti.
Acustica Audio customer and technical support
http://www.acustica-audio.com

woodnut
User Level I
User Level I

Post by woodnut » Fri Sep 21, 2018 2:25 pm

This is now working for me, I can now open the mixes that I was working on. Thank you!

ce1909

Post by ce1909 » Tue Sep 25, 2018 9:19 pm

As of today Henry-O still not authorizing.(Cubase, Cakewalk, Studio One) Bronze v2 now not recalling settings ( Studio One)