N4 finally available in Aquarius

Tips & tricks, working results, technical support
Post Reply
RJHollins
Expert
Expert
Posts: 3891
Joined: Sun Mar 28, 2010 5:53 pm

Re: N4 finally available on Aquarius

Post by RJHollins » Thu Mar 29, 2018 12:23 am

robertom wrote:
Wed Mar 28, 2018 11:48 pm
I've read a post on facebook by Giancarlo Del Sordo about a possible incompatibility between the new N4 version and some old library (if I have correctly understood the post). Is there a compatibility/incompatibility list somewhere? Someone experienced such incompatibility with one or more libraries?
I can only reply to 3rd party commercial libraries ... not a single issue in N-4.

Be aware ! Installing will OVERWRITE the N4.XML file. This contains the AltPath info pointing to your installed Library locations.
So backup the XML ... then edit the new XML. Or can be configured from within N-4.
i7-5820k, MSI X99A Plus, 16 GIG Ram, Noctua NH-D14, Win-7 Pro [64-bit], Reaper-64

NVC [Nebula Virtual Controllers]

robertom
User Level 0
User Level 0
Posts: 6
Joined: Fri Nov 10, 2017 1:41 am

Re: N4 finally available on Aquarius

Post by robertom » Thu Mar 29, 2018 1:19 am

RJHollins wrote:
Thu Mar 29, 2018 12:23 am
I can only reply to 3rd party commercial libraries ... not a single issue in N-4.
Ok, good!
Be aware ! Installing will OVERWRITE the N4.XML file. This contains the AltPath info pointing to your installed Library locations.
So backup the XML ... then edit the new XML. Or can be configured from within N-4.
Yes, thank you, I will backup for sure the xml file and then copy/paste my alternativedatapath entries from the old one to the new one. Same for my rom.xml .
In general, I'm going to backup everything before the upgrade.
Moreover I will delete everything in the standard "Programs" and "Vectors" folders, to be sure to eliminate all the old Nebula commercial libraries (the 'standard' ones) before installing the new ones. Every other 3d party library (except Olonga AYCE) is in an alternative data path, in my system.

Maybe clearing the "temp" folder inside "nebula4temprepository" (before upgrading) is useful, too?

RJHollins
Expert
Expert
Posts: 3891
Joined: Sun Mar 28, 2010 5:53 pm

Re: N4 finally available on Aquarius

Post by RJHollins » Thu Mar 29, 2018 2:13 am

robertom wrote:
Thu Mar 29, 2018 1:19 am
RJHollins wrote:
Thu Mar 29, 2018 12:23 am
I can only reply to 3rd party commercial libraries ... not a single issue in N-4.
Ok, good!
Be aware ! Installing will OVERWRITE the N4.XML file. This contains the AltPath info pointing to your installed Library locations.
So backup the XML ... then edit the new XML. Or can be configured from within N-4.
Yes, thank you, I will backup for sure the xml file and then copy/paste my alternativedatapath entries from the old one to the new one. Same for my rom.xml .
In general, I'm going to backup everything before the upgrade.
Moreover I will delete everything in the standard "Programs" and "Vectors" folders, to be sure to eliminate all the old Nebula commercial libraries (the 'standard' ones) before installing the new ones. Every other 3d party library (except Olonga AYCE) is in an alternative data path, in my system.

Maybe clearing the "temp" folder inside "nebula4temprepository" (before upgrading) is useful, too?
Clearing the 'temp' folder inside the repository has been recommended after changes made to Library installations. The degree to using this practice may vary, but can correct certain issues.

Key to recall AFTER clearing 'temp' ... on NEXT loading of N4/Neb-3, the TEMP contents needs to REBUILD. This can take a bit of time
based on the number of Libraries to poll. When I do a 'temp clearing', I usually run a DAW session with an N4 instance to do a re-build, rather than during a session recall [I have many projects loaded with N4's and Acquas, and load times can be significant running off standard harddrives.
i7-5820k, MSI X99A Plus, 16 GIG Ram, Noctua NH-D14, Win-7 Pro [64-bit], Reaper-64

NVC [Nebula Virtual Controllers]

robertom
User Level 0
User Level 0
Posts: 6
Joined: Fri Nov 10, 2017 1:41 am

Re: N4 finally available on Aquarius

Post by robertom » Thu Mar 29, 2018 3:09 am

RJHollins wrote:
Thu Mar 29, 2018 2:13 am
Clearing the 'temp' folder inside the repository has been recommended after changes made to Library installations. The degree to using this practice may vary, but can correct certain issues.

Key to recall AFTER clearing 'temp' ... on NEXT loading of N4/Neb-3, the TEMP contents needs to REBUILD. This can take a bit of time
based on the number of Libraries to poll. When I do a 'temp clearing', I usually run a DAW session with an N4 instance to do a re-build, rather than during a session recall [I have many projects loaded with N4's and Acquas, and load times can be significant running off standard harddrives.
Very useful to know, and good tip, thanks

AcusticaPress
User Level VI
User Level VI
Posts: 62
Joined: Mon Mar 17, 2014 1:58 am

Re: N4 finally available on Aquarius

Post by AcusticaPress » Thu Mar 29, 2018 11:39 am

Grim wrote:
Tue Mar 27, 2018 5:48 pm
giancarlo wrote:
Tue Mar 27, 2018 5:37 pm
They were released yesterday, at the same time of n4 on aquarius
They are the old nebula commercial library
Would you like to comment on Aquarius completely deleting my program and vector folders when using uninstall option on one of the new library files?

Seems like something you'll want to address fairly quickly....I'm only down some restore time but if anyone with no backup tries this they're completely screwed.
Hey Grim, thanks for reporting this and please accept our apologies for any troubles this may have caused! I can confirm that the bug was fixed on the same day and just a few hours after you reported it. I am sorry for missing this post here - between all other forums and social media I've overlooked this one. Cheers, N.G.
Acustica Press
Acusticaudio SRL
www.acustica-audio.com

AcusticaPress
User Level VI
User Level VI
Posts: 62
Joined: Mon Mar 17, 2014 1:58 am

Re: N4 finally available on Aquarius

Post by AcusticaPress » Thu Mar 29, 2018 11:51 am

robertom wrote:
Wed Mar 28, 2018 11:48 pm
I've read a post on facebook by Giancarlo Del Sordo about a possible incompatibility between the new N4 version and some old library (if I have correctly understood the post). Is there a compatibility/incompatibility list somewhere? Someone experienced such incompatibility with one or more libraries?
Hey Robertom, this is not the case. Nothing to worry about. N4 still supports everything it used to support before it was ported to Aquarius. N4 Player (FREE) will NOT support the old N3 3rd party libraries. N4 however will continue to do so.

I am currently preparing a comparison table between N4 and N4 Player and will send this to the guys in the office to confirm the information (I am not based in Lodi). So once this is done it will be posted here and everywhere, and I think a lot of other questions asked here will be answered.

Cheers,
N.G.
Acustica Press
Acusticaudio SRL
www.acustica-audio.com

User avatar
abuzaynab
User Level X
User Level X
Posts: 108
Joined: Mon Sep 04, 2017 6:18 pm

Re: N4 finally available on Aquarius

Post by abuzaynab » Thu Mar 29, 2018 4:14 pm

AcusticaPress wrote:
Thu Mar 29, 2018 11:51 am
N4 still supports everything it used to support before it was ported to Aquarius.
Can anyone from AA confirm whether the Cross Platform Commercial Library has been updated in any way?

Have any new effects been added to the packs for example or is it just the same as before?

And out of curiosity, is the N4 Cross Platform Commercial Library just the same as the N3 library?

Thank you.

User avatar
teddybeer
User Level I
User Level I
Posts: 18
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2014 9:38 am
Location: Bucharest, Romania
Contact:

Re: N4 finally available on Aquarius

Post by teddybeer » Thu Mar 29, 2018 4:21 pm

Hi ! I don't have N4 but I want to buy the CPCL library and use it with N4 player for now. I'm curious about the new library, besides the updated Rose and Violet I've read that there's also 12 skinned Nebula libraries. Can you tell me more about these ?
In my Aquarius there's only 2 Nebula trials : Preamps pack and Compressors pack...and most of them seem to be from the old Nebula 3 library.
Thanks !

Maiv
User Level I
User Level I
Posts: 13
Joined: Mon May 23, 2016 11:28 am

Re: N4 finally available on Aquarius

Post by Maiv » Thu Mar 29, 2018 4:49 pm

How to update N4 on offline computer?

jon83
User Level 0
User Level 0
Posts: 9
Joined: Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:06 am

Re: N4 finally available on Aquarius

Post by jon83 » Thu Mar 29, 2018 7:55 pm

Any news on the manual? Could really do with getting N4ZL setup again...

User avatar
giancarlo
Founder
Founder
Posts: 11159
Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2009 10:40 pm
Location: Italy

Re: N4 finally available on Aquarius

Post by giancarlo » Thu Mar 29, 2018 8:25 pm

Old commercial library only, not 3rd party

User avatar
giancarlo
Founder
Founder
Posts: 11159
Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2009 10:40 pm
Location: Italy

Re: N4 finally available on Aquarius

Post by giancarlo » Thu Mar 29, 2018 8:25 pm

Old commercial library only, not 3rd party

User avatar
zabukowski
Expert
Expert
Posts: 1583
Joined: Sun Mar 28, 2010 8:44 pm
Location: Ljubljana, Slovenia
Contact:

Re: N4 finally available on Aquarius

Post by zabukowski » Thu Mar 29, 2018 8:30 pm

jon83 wrote:
Thu Mar 29, 2018 7:55 pm
Any news on the manual? Could really do with getting N4ZL setup again...
N4ZL.png

jon83
User Level 0
User Level 0
Posts: 9
Joined: Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:06 am

Re: N4 finally available on Aquarius

Post by jon83 » Thu Mar 29, 2018 8:56 pm

zabukowski wrote:
Thu Mar 29, 2018 8:30 pm
jon83 wrote:
Thu Mar 29, 2018 7:55 pm
Any news on the manual? Could really do with getting N4ZL setup again...
N4ZL.png
Thank you!!

jon83
User Level 0
User Level 0
Posts: 9
Joined: Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:06 am

Re: N4 finally available in Aquarius

Post by jon83 » Thu Mar 29, 2018 9:13 pm

That works great, thank you. Only thing is when I try to add alternative data in the newly created N4ZL, crashes the DAW on clicking save. Pro Tools and Ableton too. Shall I open a support ticket? On OSX.

Post Reply