N4 finally available in Aquarius

Tips & tricks, working results, technical support
User avatar
abuzaynab
User Level IX
User Level IX
Posts: 93
Joined: Mon Sep 04, 2017 6:18 pm

Re: N4 finally available in Aquarius

Post by abuzaynab » Fri Jun 08, 2018 7:06 pm

Thank you Franci! That would be amazing!

When you say install & authorize it from scratch, as instructed before, do this via Aquarius with the most up to date N4?

So, FYI, I just checked my Time Machine, i have a back up of my Components folder a day before the upgrade with the original N4ZL component and xml, i dragged it into the computers Components folder, still not recognised in Logic, N4 is there but it needs authorized.

Also when i uninstalled N4 and deleted everything from everywhere, i tried to load old songs/templates and i got the error message i shared before:
Logic Pro X quit unexpectedly while using the cryptocppdx64.dylib plug-in.
PlugIn Path: /Library/Frameworks/Nebula.framework/Versions/3.0/bin/cryptocppdx64.dylib
PlugIn Identifier: cryptocppdx64.dylib
PlugIn Version: ??? (1)

So even when there is no N4 installed in the computer Logic will not load the old songs/templates.
Last edited by abuzaynab on Fri Jun 08, 2018 10:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
zabukowski
Expert
Expert
Posts: 1563
Joined: Sun Mar 28, 2010 8:44 pm
Location: Ljubljana, Slovenia
Contact:

Re: N4 finally available in Aquarius

Post by zabukowski » Fri Jun 08, 2018 7:11 pm

abuzaynab wrote:
Fri Jun 08, 2018 7:06 pm
Thank you Franci! That would be amazing!

When you say install & authorize it from scratch, as instructed before, do this via Aquarius with the most up to date N4?

So, FYI, I just checked my Time Machine, i have a back up of my Components folder a day before the upgrade with the original N4ZL component and xml, i dragged it into the computers Components folder, still not recognised in Logic, N4 is there but it need authorized.

Also when i uninstalled N4 and deleted everything from everywhere, i tried to load old songs/templates and it got the error message i shared before:
Logic Pro X quit unexpectedly while using the cryptocppdx64.dylib plug-in.
PlugIn Path: /Library/Frameworks/Nebula.framework/Versions/3.0/bin/cryptocppdx64.dylib
PlugIn Identifier: cryptocppdx64.dylib
PlugIn Version: ??? (1)

So even when there is no N4 installed in the computer Logic will not load the old songs/templates.
Yes, do it using Aquarius "Purchased" page. Make sure it is authorized.

Try to delete .AQU file in /Library/Frameworks/ before installation - this will force framework to be reinstalled as well.

Nebula framework is used by ACQUA plugins as well ?!? It could be corrupted framework, dunno.

User avatar
abuzaynab
User Level IX
User Level IX
Posts: 93
Joined: Mon Sep 04, 2017 6:18 pm

Re: N4 finally available in Aquarius

Post by abuzaynab » Fri Jun 08, 2018 7:44 pm

Ok cool, will try this and let you know how i get on.

Thanks again.

User avatar
abuzaynab
User Level IX
User Level IX
Posts: 93
Joined: Mon Sep 04, 2017 6:18 pm

Re: N4 finally available in Aquarius

Post by abuzaynab » Sat Jun 09, 2018 6:23 pm

Ok, so, I did as instructed, N4 installed ok, worked on an empty project no problem, but would not load up old sessions, error "Logic Pro X quit unexpectedly while using the cryptocppdx64.dylib plug-in." etc.

Still not happy with this i uninstalled with Aquarius and then deleted everything nebula related incl framework and replaced all Nebula related files from my Time Machine backup, incl N4ZL files, then i authorized with Aquarius, tried loading an old session it loaded up fine, but it said that N4ZL could not be found, No N4ZL plugin.

I thought that's weird as i was sure i dragged it over from Time Machine, so, checked the components folder, no N4 ZL files :roll: , so i dragged them over again, they stayed in this time, loaded Logic, Logic recognised N4ZL, so both legacy N4 & N4ZL working fine, great!

Then i tried loading an old session, error "Logic Pro X quit unexpectedly while using the cryptocppdx64.dylib plug-in." came back!!! :lol:

And...when i tried opening a different song i got a new error message: "Logic Pro X quit unexpectedly while using the libmdengine.dylib plug-in."
PlugIn Path: /Library/Arturia/*/libmdengine.dylib
PlugIn Identifier: libmdengine.dylib
PlugIn Version: ??? (0)

I know it is not Acustica, but it may help figure out the bigger picture?

So, anyway, at present both legacy N4 & N4ZL working fine, but i cannot load old session/templates. :idea:

RJHollins
Expert
Expert
Posts: 3720
Joined: Sun Mar 28, 2010 5:53 pm

Re: N4 finally available in Aquarius

Post by RJHollins » Sun Jun 10, 2018 3:56 am

I've NO idea if this link would be useful ... but a Google search of "Logic Pro X quit unexpectedly while using the cryptocppdx64.dylib plug-in." showed this:
https://discussions.apple.com/thread/8020466

EDIT

After closer read ... maybe NOT useful at all. But I did see other search results from others with similar error message.

hope for resolution.
i7-5820k, MSI X99A Plus, 16 GIG Ram, Noctua NH-D14, Win-7 Pro [64-bit], Reaper-64

NVC [Nebula Virtual Controllers]

User avatar
abuzaynab
User Level IX
User Level IX
Posts: 93
Joined: Mon Sep 04, 2017 6:18 pm

Re: N4 finally available in Aquarius

Post by abuzaynab » Sun Jun 10, 2018 9:50 am

Thank you sir, much appreciated! ☺ I will explore this today, you never know ; )

User avatar
giancarlo
Founder
Founder
Posts: 11138
Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2009 10:40 pm
Location: Italy

Re: N4 finally available in Aquarius

Post by giancarlo » Sun Jun 10, 2018 9:39 pm

a corrupted session or a session loading a wrong plugin could lead to strange crashes linked with the protection

User avatar
abuzaynab
User Level IX
User Level IX
Posts: 93
Joined: Mon Sep 04, 2017 6:18 pm

Re: N4 finally available in Aquarius

Post by abuzaynab » Sun Jun 10, 2018 11:37 pm

Sure Giancarlo, but these sessions and my templates were loading no problem before I updated N4.

User avatar
zabukowski
Expert
Expert
Posts: 1563
Joined: Sun Mar 28, 2010 8:44 pm
Location: Ljubljana, Slovenia
Contact:

Re: N4 finally available in Aquarius

Post by zabukowski » Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:22 am

abuzaynab wrote:
Sun Jun 10, 2018 11:37 pm
Sure Giancarlo, but these sessions and my templates were loading no problem before I updated N4.
Again, you updated from which version to the latest ?? Also, does new projects containing N4 (ZL) save and recall correctly - you must load presets into Nebulas to be sure !!!

Thx!
Franci

User avatar
abuzaynab
User Level IX
User Level IX
Posts: 93
Joined: Mon Sep 04, 2017 6:18 pm

Re: N4 finally available in Aquarius

Post by abuzaynab » Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:26 pm

Ok guys, Franci asked me to post a recap and where i am today looking for ideas as he has ran out lol!

1. I update N4, i try opening old projects and templates, they open fine, no problems. New N4 works and saves fine in new projects.

2. Next day i create a N4ZL "setup", not sure i am doing it right i delete the "setup", this seems to delete the pre-update N4ZL component and xml from my computer entirely. Old projects/templates will now not load because "N4ZL plugin is missing".

3. I try various attempts to re-install N4ZL using the legacy installers, no luck, N4 installs but no N4ZL installed, Old projects/templates will not load because "N4ZL plugin is missing". And weirdly when i open the legacy N4 it has the GUI of N4 after the update (with setups), even though i deleted all related files from my computer???

4. Eventually using my Time Machine backup i get the legacy N4 & N4ZL installed, working and saving in new projects, but Old projects/templates will not load because of a new problem: "Logic Pro X quit unexpectedly while using the cryptocppdx64.dylib plug-in."

PlugIn Path: /Library/Frameworks/Nebula.framework/Versions/3.0/bin/cryptocppdx64.dylib

5. So today i experimented:

If i DISABLE all Acustica Audio plugins in plugin manager my old projects/templates load ok, no problems, but obviously the AA plugins are missing.

If i ENABLE just the N4/N4ZL, my old projects/templates load ok, no problems, but the Acqua plugins are missing.

If i then ENABLE the Acqua plugins the old projects DO NOT load. So Acquas now seem to be the problem.

In an old 'Template' that has N4ZLs & Acquas in it that DOES NOT normally load, the only Acquas i am using are EBONY & PURPLE P1. If i disable EBONY & PURPLE P1, the template loads. When I enable them one at a time or individually, the template DOES NOT load.

When Acquas are enabled, if i start a new project i can load PURPLE & EBONY and use them no problem, but when i save and then try to reopen, the song DOES NOT open.

I tried loading a 'Template' that has LIFT & RUBY in it as well as EBONY & PURPLE, but with EBONY & PURPLE disabled, the song DOES NOT load, So the problem is not just EBONY & PURPLE.

Franci said it "might be something protection related with ACQUAS", "the fact, that ACQUA plugins are crashing with crypto library is crucial
it show that there is something bigger ... not related to N4"

Hopefully you can follow this! I do have a ticket open with support, but they have not been very helpful tbh. Any help and suggestions are grrreatly appreciated! Thank you!

EDIT: I have an iMac (27-inch, Late 2013), 3.2 GHz Intel Core i5, 24 GB 1600 MHz DDR3, NVIDIA GeForce GT 755M 1024 MB, OS Sierra (10.12.6) & a F*cusrite 2i4 (1st gen) interface. I work at 44.1 pretty much all the time and i use Logic Pro X (10.4.1) as my DAW.
Last edited by abuzaynab on Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:06 am, edited 4 times in total.

RJHollins
Expert
Expert
Posts: 3720
Joined: Sun Mar 28, 2010 5:53 pm

Re: N4 finally available in Aquarius

Post by RJHollins » Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:00 am

Post details of your Computer, the DAW, and anything else pertinent [OS, version#s, etc].
i7-5820k, MSI X99A Plus, 16 GIG Ram, Noctua NH-D14, Win-7 Pro [64-bit], Reaper-64

NVC [Nebula Virtual Controllers]

User avatar
abuzaynab
User Level IX
User Level IX
Posts: 93
Joined: Mon Sep 04, 2017 6:18 pm

Re: N4 finally available in Aquarius

Post by abuzaynab » Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:03 am

RJHollins wrote:
Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:00 am
Post details of your Computer, the DAW, and anything else pertinent [OS, version#s, etc].
Thank you RJ, i have edited my previous post with this info.

Beatworld
Member
Member
Posts: 208
Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2014 7:36 am
Location: Perth

Re: N4 finally available in Aquarius

Post by Beatworld » Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:43 am

abuzaynab wrote:
Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:03 am
RJHollins wrote:
Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:00 am
Post details of your Computer, the DAW, and anything else pertinent [OS, version#s, etc].
Thank you RJ, i have edited my previous post with this info.
The version numbers of macOS Sierra and Logic Pro X would be useful too :)

User avatar
abuzaynab
User Level IX
User Level IX
Posts: 93
Joined: Mon Sep 04, 2017 6:18 pm

Re: N4 finally available in Aquarius

Post by abuzaynab » Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:07 am

Beatworld wrote:
Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:43 am
abuzaynab wrote:
Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:03 am
RJHollins wrote:
Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:00 am
Post details of your Computer, the DAW, and anything else pertinent [OS, version#s, etc].
Thank you RJ, i have edited my previous post with this info.
The version numbers of macOS Sierra and Logic Pro X would be useful too :)
Thank you, I have updated my previous post.

User avatar
abuzaynab
User Level IX
User Level IX
Posts: 93
Joined: Mon Sep 04, 2017 6:18 pm

Re: N4 finally available in Aquarius

Post by abuzaynab » Mon Jun 18, 2018 1:40 pm

Hi guys, just thought i'd give you an update.

So, support were not able to offer any coherent reason as to how i got into the pickle i was in, but they have helped me get out of it. Apparently the Sonarworks reference plugin was creating problems with the old sessions not loading/crashing. So i have disabled it for now and i can load up my old sessions and use my old N4ZL instances. But i can no longer use the Sonraworks plugin at the moment, pretty annoying, but hopefully it will get sorted.

Then I tried updating N4 again, this time i will probably not bother trying to create an N4ZL setup for fear of starting it all again, but, so far so good, no problems, well apart from quite a few random crashes lol!

Thanks again for your time and patience with me filling up the boards here, and a big thank you to Franci for all his hard work, he is a stellar guy!

Best wishes, Saleem.

Post Reply