N4 Setups

Tips & tricks, working results, technical support
Jordi
User Level X
User Level X

Re: N4 Setups (in development)

Post by Jordi » Tue Feb 06, 2018 3:02 pm

Thank you Francis for the video. With Nebula Setups you can make an eq with all its frequencies with a single instance of N4? I do not know if I explain too well. That is, with an N4 it claims multiple instances? I know that the video speaks of multiple, but my English has some limits of intelligence, lol
Thanks

zabukowski
Expert
Expert

Post by zabukowski » Tue Feb 06, 2018 5:37 pm

Jordi wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2018 3:02 pm
Thank you Francis for the video. With Nebula Setups you can make an eq with all its frequencies with a single instance of N4? I do not know if I explain too well. That is, with an N4 it claims multiple instances? I know that the video speaks of multiple, but my English has some limits of intelligence, lol
Thanks
No, with setups you can not make multiple instances inside single Nebula plugin.

The main "trick" of the setups is to create/derive multiple separate instances of N4 plugin with custom/limited preset list (library, processing type ...), custom skin etc.

flaviusr
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by flaviusr » Sat Mar 17, 2018 3:05 pm

this is going great Zab, congratulations for all your achievements and effort!
Dual boot /LGA 2011 /i7 3820 /32 GB /GA-X79S-UP5 / osX 10.9.5 - Win 10
Mac Book Pro 2.4 Ghz / 8 Gb / osX 10.9.5
Prism Sound Lyra 2 - RME-Fireface UCX - Octamic XTC
Nebula 4 Cubase Pro 9.5 Wavelab Pro 9 Reaper 5.91 Ozone 8 Pro Tools 12.5

jus11
User Level X
User Level X

Post by jus11 » Sun Mar 18, 2018 1:32 am

Really waiting forward to this!

Jordi
User Level X
User Level X

Post by Jordi » Sat Mar 31, 2018 11:09 pm

Finally we have nebula configurations, thanks for the effort Zabukowski. I would like you to give me some advice to optimally configure my presets for mixing. Kernels, buffer, etc ... to enter them into the tweaks department. I would also like to say if there is a difference between local tweaks and global tweaks.

Many prizes of advanced

zabukowski
Expert
Expert

Post by zabukowski » Sun Apr 01, 2018 2:37 pm

Jordi wrote:
Sat Mar 31, 2018 11:09 pm
Finally we have nebula configurations, thanks for the effort Zabukowski. I would like you to give me some advice to optimally configure my presets for mixing. Kernels, buffer, etc ... to enter them into the tweaks department. I would also like to say if there is a difference between local tweaks and global tweaks.

Many prizes of advanced
Local tweaks are the ones which are applied to the current setup only. Global tweaks are applied to every setup, when you save it (they are not a part of specific setup). When setup is saved, global tweaks are applied first and after that, local tweaks are applied. If no tweaks are defined, original values from base N4 plugin are used.

It is good to know, that tweaks always override previously defined tweaks, if they have the same name. Global changes override original values. Local changes override both original and global values.

Example: N4 base plugin contains parameter AHEADLENGTH. If you tweak this value in your setup, it will override/replace the original value.

Avgatzeblouz
Expert
Expert

Post by Avgatzeblouz » Sun Apr 01, 2018 3:38 pm

zabukowski wrote:
Sun Apr 01, 2018 2:37 pm
Jordi wrote:
Sat Mar 31, 2018 11:09 pm

Many prizes of advanced
Local tweaks are the ones which are applied to the current setup only. Global tweaks are applied to every setup, when you save it (they are not a part of specific setup). When setup is saved, global tweaks are applied first and after that, local tweaks are applied. If no tweaks are defined, original values from base N4 plugin are used.

It is good to know, that tweaks always override previously defined tweaks, if they have the same name. Global changes override original values. Local changes override both original and global values.

Example: N4 base plugin contains parameter AHEADLENGTH. If you tweak this value in your setup, it will override/replace the original value.
Hi Zab ! About the tweaks, well we have a scrolling menu like before with the list of all possible tweaks ?
Samplitude Pro X3 suite - Sequoia 14 / Windows 10 pro x64 / Pearl / Titanium / N4 / Pink / Pink compressors / Prime Comp+Mix+Curve + Caribou comp + Black Eq + Black comp / Sand / Lime / Acquamarine / Emerald / Ultramarine / Silk / Gold / Cobalt / Ebony / Ivory / BlueEQ / Lemon / Magenta / Azure

XanomalieX
User Level X
User Level X

Post by XanomalieX » Thu Apr 05, 2018 5:19 pm

I've used N4 VST3 Version
just tried to create a VST2 Setup - i can't

can I just install N4 VST2 and use VST2 and VST3 at the same time, or will they interfere?
Win 10 Cubase i7 2600k 16GB

zabukowski
Expert
Expert

Post by zabukowski » Thu Apr 05, 2018 5:24 pm

XanomalieX wrote:
Thu Apr 05, 2018 5:19 pm
I've used N4 VST3 Version
just tried to create a VST2 Setup - i can't

can I just install N4 VST2 and use VST2 and VST3 at the same time, or will they interfere?
In some cases like Cubase/Nuendo, only VST3 will be visible. In Reaper, for example, both can be used.

"I can't" isn't really helpful :) For a start, please check this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hmeEKE_VW5k&t=1s

XanomalieX
User Level X
User Level X

Post by XanomalieX » Thu Apr 05, 2018 5:29 pm

zabukowski wrote:
Thu Apr 05, 2018 5:24 pm
"I can't" isn't really helpful :) For a start, please check this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hmeEKE_VW5k&t=1s
It says "Error opening N4 VST2 Confiduration file"

I wasn't really surprised, thought it's normal cause I did not install VST2 yet!
I wanted your blessing to install them both ;-)

Or should I ask: Is there any benefit using VST3 since all the aquas use only VST2?

zabukowski
Expert
Expert

Post by zabukowski » Thu Apr 05, 2018 6:36 pm

XanomalieX wrote:
Thu Apr 05, 2018 5:29 pm
zabukowski wrote:
Thu Apr 05, 2018 5:24 pm
Or should I ask: Is there any benefit using VST3 since all the aquas use only VST2?
N4 is the first Acustica VST3 plugin, so this is rather new territory for us.
It works fine i think, but currently there are no real advantages over VST2 in everyday's work.
We have plan to support native VST3 sidechain in the future, which for many could be the advantage.

XanomalieX
User Level X
User Level X

Post by XanomalieX » Thu Apr 05, 2018 8:26 pm

zabukowski wrote:
Thu Apr 05, 2018 6:36 pm
It works fine i think, but currently there are no real advantages over VST2 in everyday's work.
We have plan to support native VST3 sidechain in the future, which for many could be the advantage.
So I just install VST2 over the VST3 installation, or should I decide myself for one of them?

Grim

Post by Grim » Thu Apr 05, 2018 9:34 pm

XanomalieX wrote:
Thu Apr 05, 2018 8:26 pm
zabukowski wrote:
Thu Apr 05, 2018 6:36 pm
So I just install VST2 over the VST3 installation, or should I decide myself for one of them?
It won't install over it, but alongside it....you can usually have both installed without problem (other than those issues mentioned by Zab already)

Jdm5149
User Level V
User Level V

Post by Jdm5149 » Sat Apr 07, 2018 3:01 am

Keep getting error trying to make setup in pro tools. When is this manual gonna be available. I bought n4 when it first came out and it's just become so more fucking confusing.

Jdm5149
User Level V
User Level V

Post by Jdm5149 » Sat Apr 07, 2018 3:14 am

Also I thought setups would give us the availability to create from one instance if nebula a total eq or console