N4 Setups

Tips & tricks, working results, technical support
Jordi
User Level X
User Level X

Re: N4 Setups (in development)

Post by Jordi » Wed Jul 04, 2018 6:41 pm

good Afternoon Zabukowski

I was asking myself these days if we colude see some short or long-term development in the operation of nebula4 setups. new features, improvements, etc. Any information would be good, or on the contrary the development is already closed with these functions.

Many thanks in advance

zabukowski
Expert
Expert

Post by zabukowski » Wed Jul 04, 2018 6:47 pm

Jordi wrote:
Wed Jul 04, 2018 6:41 pm

I was asking myself these days if we colude see some short or long-term development in the operation of nebula4 setups. new features, improvements, etc. Any information would be good, or on the contrary the development is already closed with these functions.

Many thanks in advance
At the moment, there are no major plans for further N4 setups development. I can't imagine what else could be added to setups (complete Nebula Setups 2 functionality is covered). However, if you have any good idea, let me know about it.

Avgatzeblouz
Expert
Expert

Post by Avgatzeblouz » Wed Jul 04, 2018 8:43 pm

zabukowski wrote:
Wed Jul 04, 2018 6:47 pm
Jordi wrote:
Wed Jul 04, 2018 6:41 pm

Many thanks in advance
At the moment, there are no major plans for further N4 setups development. I can't imagine what else could be added to setups (complete Nebula Setups 2 functionality is covered). However, if you have any good idea, let me know about it.
Just getting back the dropdown menu to edit the LTIMED, etc... would be nice.
Samplitude Pro X3 suite - Sequoia 14 / Windows 10 pro x64 / Pearl / Titanium / N4 / Pink / Pink compressors / Prime Comp+Mix+Curve + Caribou comp + Black Eq + Black comp / Sand / Lime / Acquamarine / Emerald / Ultramarine / Silk / Gold / Cobalt / Ebony / Ivory / BlueEQ / Lemon / Magenta / Azure

plexus

Post by plexus » Tue Sep 11, 2018 1:58 am

Hello. I've read through this thread and watched the videos. However I'd like a tutorial on setups from start to finish covering all the details. does such a thing exist and if so can you point me to it? a manual, video, or whatever exists to help with understanding how to use setups? thanks!! :D

fastersound
User Level IX
User Level IX

Post by fastersound » Tue Sep 11, 2018 2:48 am

plexus wrote:
Tue Sep 11, 2018 1:58 am
Hello. I've read through this thread and watched the videos. However I'd like a tutorial on setups from start to finish covering all the details. does such a thing exist and if so can you point me to it? a manual, video, or whatever exists to help with understanding how to use setups? thanks!! :D
+1

Rakbeatzz
User Level III
User Level III

Post by Rakbeatzz » Sat Sep 15, 2018 1:00 am

+3
Taupe. El Ray. Veridian. Ruby. White 2.Violet Multiband. Water. Azure. Crimson. Ultramarine3. Lift. N4. Lemon. Ivory4. Ebony. Pink3. Pink2412. Cobalt. Amethyst3. Sand2 Fab4. Gold2. Coral. Diamond. Lift. Honey. Lime. Pearl 2. Purple2. Magenta5. Purple2M5. Navy. Titanium3. Blue EQ. Rose. Violet. Amber2. Bronze EQ. Tokyo EQ. Ochre. Tan. Red EQ

zabukowski
Expert
Expert

Post by zabukowski » Sun Sep 16, 2018 7:51 pm

plexus wrote:
Please check with support, if they can send you draft of the N4 Setups manual - it covers pretty much everything setups can offer.

plexus

Post by plexus » Tue Sep 18, 2018 12:33 am

zabukowski wrote:
Sun Sep 16, 2018 7:51 pm
plexus wrote:
Please check with support, if they can send you draft of the N4 Setups manual - it covers pretty much everything setups can offer.
Great thanks for letting me know!

babiuk
Vip Member
Vip Member

Re: N4 Setups

Post by babiuk » Fri Dec 28, 2018 9:11 pm

is there any N4 Setups manual???

EDIT: ok, I found it, is someone wants to konw it is at N4 product page, at Downloads section
Mac Pro 5,1 / 6-core Intel Xeon / 16 GB Ram / El Capitan / Reaper / H******* Mixbuss

Jordi
User Level X
User Level X

Post by Jordi » Mon Feb 04, 2019 1:07 am

Good night Zabukowski!!

I need your help with a configuration theme of nebulasetups. I am configuring my AlexK 4KD bookstore, and according to Alexb's manual says that to emulate the original sound of the compressor, the DRIVE control must be + 3dB. The question is how can I configure this by giving a value of +3 to Local tweaks and automatically save the settings? For more information the DRIVE is in the Nebula fader 6. I remember that this was easier to configure with nebulasetups 2 but it does not work with nebula 4 anymore.

Taking advantage of the time, there is some way to configure nebula4 to mix with the highest possible instances. I am configuring the 1024 buffer and all the parameters as they are from the factory. Should I set up something else to have a good performance?

Thank you so much

zabukowski
Expert
Expert

Post by zabukowski » Mon Feb 04, 2019 8:25 pm

Jordi wrote:
Mon Feb 04, 2019 1:07 am
Good night Zabukowski!!

I need your help with a configuration theme of nebulasetups. I am configuring my AlexK 4KD bookstore, and according to Alexb's manual says that to emulate the original sound of the compressor, the DRIVE control must be + 3dB. The question is how can I configure this by giving a value of +3 to Local tweaks and automatically save the settings? For more information the DRIVE is in the Nebula fader 6. I remember that this was easier to configure with nebulasetups 2 but it does not work with nebula 4 anymore.

Taking advantage of the time, there is some way to configure nebula4 to mix with the highest possible instances. I am configuring the 1024 buffer and all the parameters as they are from the factory. Should I set up something else to have a good performance?

Thank you so much
DRIVE control is a part of the Nebula preset, so its value can't be manipulated using tweaks. Tweaks are usually related to Nebula plugin settings (tags found in XML configuration file).

Unfortunately, there is no magic configuration, too many factors are involved. The golden rule is to leave things as they are and change them, only when there is a clear reason for it (recommendation from library developer etc.). Of course higher buffer size means less stress for the system, so performance should be better.

Jordi
User Level X
User Level X

Post by Jordi » Mon Feb 04, 2019 11:45 pm

thanks zabukowski!!