Preload Programs Into Nebula

Tips & tricks, working results, technical support
serviceair
User Level 0
User Level 0

Preload Programs Into Nebula

Post by serviceair » Fri Mar 03, 2017 5:28 pm

Hi, I was wondering if there is any way to preload a program within Nebula instead of the Init program that comes up when initiating an instance of Nebula. I've figured out how to change skins by copying the Nebula.dll and .xml files, renaming them and then editing the xml skin portion. It would be nice to have a preloaded program load at the same time all of this is happening.

Thanks for any help here.

Nate Dawson

Thierr7
Vip Member
Vip Member

Re: Preload Programs Into Nebula

Post by Thierr7 » Sun Mar 05, 2017 5:50 am

You can do that using the program "Setups" for Nebula 3 , I don't know abt N4 , probably in the future ...

serviceair
User Level 0
User Level 0

Post by serviceair » Tue Mar 07, 2017 3:10 am

Thanks. I saw that program before posting, but didn't know if there was a way to do that without purchasing the software. I've only got a few programs that I use so it isn't that much of an issue. I might pick it up though.

Thanks again for the help here.

Nate

mathias
Expert
Expert

Post by mathias » Tue Mar 07, 2017 3:31 am

nebula setups can not do that (preload a program instead of init at first load of nebula). you can create different nebula instances with it (seperate plugins), whith a specified set of programs and give these plugins different skins and settings. but at first load all of these will display "init".

can't you just save a preset in your daw, that will load nebula with the exact program you saved it with?
system 1: windows 8 32 bit - samplitude pro x3, waveform 9 (tracktion), reaper
system 2: mac osx el capitan - reaper(64bit), waveform 9 (64bit), mixbus 6

both systems on: macbook pro (late 2009), core 2 duo 3,06 ghz, 4 gb ram, graphic: nvidia geforce 9600M GT 512 MB

Thierr7
Vip Member
Vip Member

Post by Thierr7 » Tue Mar 07, 2017 5:19 am

Sorry Mathias but i used to do it all the time while using the full version of Setups ...

I'm not in front of my disconected work PC but i did it for every Setup i've done for N3 ; right click on the program you want to get loaded first in the list and check "Load this program first " or something like that then save the setup , that's it .

After saving you got a preview opening the setup with the program you checked by right clicking ...

That program will show up anytime you first load this setup !

mathias
Expert
Expert

Post by mathias » Tue Mar 07, 2017 5:42 am

thanks for correcting me, i didn't know it is possible :)
i even checked the nebula setups website before i wrote my comment ...
good to know.

edit: i found it in the manual ... :geek: should have read that first

both systems on: macbook pro (late 2009), core 2 duo 3,06 ghz, 4 gb ram, graphic: nvidia geforce 9600M GT 512 MB

Max Caviar
User Level III
User Level III

Post by Max Caviar » Tue Mar 07, 2017 10:00 am

Thanks, i didn"t know it was possible too. ;)
Nebula3, Nebula4, Amethyst, Navy, PS Black eq, Sand, Lime, Coral, Pearl, Gold, Cobalt,
Ebony, Purple P-1, Ivory, Lemon

Thierr7
Vip Member
Vip Member

Post by Thierr7 » Tue Mar 07, 2017 10:57 am

No worries , Glad i could help ... I'm not the best for reading manuals either :roll:

zabukowski
Expert
Expert

Post by zabukowski » Tue Mar 07, 2017 1:04 pm

Note, that reloading works properly only when working with 44.1 kHz (Nebula limitation).

Workaround for Reaper users:

Use "Save preset as default ..." option ("+" button next to the preset list in the Reaper plugin window).

jfjer379
Expert
Expert

Post by jfjer379 » Tue Mar 07, 2017 2:39 pm

zabukowski wrote:Note, that reloading works properly only when working with 44.1 kHz (Nebula limitation).

Use "Save preset as default ..." option ("+" button next to the preset list in the Reaper plugin window).
Many thanks for the Reaper tip zabukowski :)
I7 5820k • RME • Audient • Reaper64 • Win7 64 • Amethyst • Coral • Ebony • El Rey • Emerald • Gold • Honey • Ivory • Lemon • Lime • Magenta • Navy • Pearl • Pink • Pink Comp Bundle • Ruby • Sand • Tapue • Titanium • Virgo • White2 • N3s • N4

pablo1980
User Level VII
User Level VII

Post by pablo1980 » Tue Mar 07, 2017 7:24 pm

zabukowski wrote:Note, that reloading works properly only when working with 44.1 kHz (Nebula limitation).

Hi Zab, for us working in cubase in 48k, is this going to be fixed in the "setups" capability of N4 (if that is going to happen)?

I need to be able to load N4 like a regular plugin, autoload a program, while being able to change the vst name, so my mixer doesn´t say nebula all over the place :)

Please, please, please!

Thierr7
Vip Member
Vip Member

Post by Thierr7 » Tue Mar 07, 2017 9:46 pm

I'm working in 32 Bit/44.1 khtz most of the time ! that explains this ! Thanks Zab ..

Out of topic but ... A few Soundtecks told me it wasn't worth recordind in 32 Bit Float and 24 Bit was abt the same . BUT , any time i did , i had the feeling that FX's didn't sound as good as 32 Bit while rendering ...

If i could get some short opinions abt it , I'd be very grateful ... ;)

Support
Expert
Expert

Post by Support » Tue Mar 07, 2017 11:55 pm

Thierr7 wrote:I'm working in 32 Bit/44.1 khtz most of the time ! that explains this ! Thanks Zab ..

Out of topic but ... A few Soundtecks told me it wasn't worth recordind in 32 Bit Float and 24 Bit was abt the same . BUT , any time i did , i had the feeling that FX's didn't sound as good as 32 Bit while rendering ...

If i could get some short opinions abt it , I'd be very grateful ... ;)
You ADC work at 24 bits, you can record to 32 or 64 or 384 kHz just adding zeros in audio file using more resources for write zeros. After processing floating arithmetic should work better with rounding errors but from 28 to 64 floating bits is enough, more floating bits are possible but again you will use resources for nothing.
Best regards,
Acustica Audio help-desk service and support.
https://www.acustica-audio.com/
Acustica Audio is a trademark of Acusticaudio SRL.

To contact Acustica Audio support go to the ‘Support’ in your Acustica Audio account.
We do not provide support via social networks, public forums, Acustica Audio forums, or email accounts.

mathias
Expert
Expert

Post by mathias » Wed Mar 08, 2017 12:04 am

so in short:
record in 24bit (your converter does not provide more bits), do any rendering/intermediate processing in 32bit float files.

Thierr7
Vip Member
Vip Member

Post by Thierr7 » Wed Mar 08, 2017 1:24 pm

Thanks a lot for the tips !

So from now on , i'll record in 24 (saving hd space and power ) but Render in 32 as i'm used to ...) That makes sense :)