N4 1.0.015.0 Rel I (experimental settings)

Tips & tricks, working results, technical support
darkskar
User Level V
User Level V

N4 1.0.015.0 Rel I (experimental settings)

Post by darkskar » Fri Feb 24, 2017 6:04 pm

Hi there, I have found a new nersion of N4:
"Setup N4 Win VST3 1.0.015.0 Rel I (EXPERIMENTAL Settings On)"

Do anyone know what changes it has?
What are this experimental settings for?

I have no idea if this is the place to ask about this.
Cheers!

plexus

Re: N4 1.0.015.0 Rel I (experimental settings)

Post by plexus » Sat Feb 25, 2017 11:22 pm

That's because, for some strange reason, AA insists on only putting update notices on this thread http://www.acustica-audio.com/phpBB3/vi ... 50#p111496

Which means we all have to check the first post in this thread to a) discover when a new version is released and b) what changes were made.

I really wish AA would send us all an email with this information. If not then enable the forum subscriptions so we can be notified when new posts are made (this will at least alert us that a new version is out when other post about it).

There is no reasonable rationale to support NOT doing this for us customers. But, AA insists on keeping us in the dark and/or forcing us to check the forum to see if a new version is released.

Maybe one day they will wake up.

Jdm5149
User Level V
User Level V

Post by Jdm5149 » Sun Feb 26, 2017 1:22 am

i agree emails would be great plus i dont know why these plugins and n4 are not kicking uad's ass they sound great

reggiejaxx
User Level X
User Level X

Post by reggiejaxx » Sun Feb 26, 2017 2:24 am

Jdm5149 wrote:i agree emails would be great plus i dont know why these plugins and n4 are not kicking uad's ass they sound great
Well one of the reasons is most people don't know it exists,and then when they do know it's too convoluted to navigate through the site figure out how to authorize,then figure out how to properly use without reading through alot of threads and posts (including go to other forums) and then if thats not enough always having to check back and keep up with the threads to find out if there's an update bug fixes etc..so alas not for the average user of plugins.But they sound great once you get past all that lol.

+1 for email notifications.

darkskar
User Level V
User Level V

Post by darkskar » Sun Feb 26, 2017 12:52 pm

Thank you very much guys!
I was a bit confused :)

giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Post by giancarlo » Tue Feb 28, 2017 2:06 am

Lately we are sending mails for acqua products. We are even streaming news on twitter about them.
But nebula is a different beast. The idea is an higher update rate, so we are limiting number of alerts because basically they could be many ones. In the future there will be a different way for notifying users.

plexus

Post by plexus » Tue Feb 28, 2017 2:15 am

giancarlo wrote:Lately we are sending mails for acqua products. We are even streaming news on twitter about them.
But nebula is a different beast. The idea is an higher update rate, so we are limiting number of alerts because basically they could be many ones. In the future there will be a different way for notifying users.
I personally am ok with "many alerts". i mean how many can it be? I wish you'd email me about updates.

Where did the long Nebula thread go in New Product Alerts? There as a lot of good information in there.

Now where do we look for Nebula updates? Just email us for heavens sake!

giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Post by giancarlo » Tue Feb 28, 2017 2:24 am

Yes but many alerts mean a massive update for the whole userbase, and a massive support cost, because today each time there is an update someone is messing with installation paths. I cannot say it is completely a fault of us, since the compete freedom on tuning the plugin. At this point we'll look for a different solution. Keep an eye on our forum meanwhile

Thierr7
Vip Member
Vip Member

Post by Thierr7 » Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:51 pm

For people messing with the AUT process ... (Windows users )

There is a free search utility for Win called " Glary utilities" , it's very good and easy !

1) Make sure you're running in Administrator mode !

2) Install the plugin ( let the default proposed path if you don't know your way in Windows ... )

(assuming your DAW "knows" your VST plugins path(s) , this got to be set in the preferences of the DAW ; VST plugins paths...)

3) Open the DAW you use , it will scan the new plugin

4 ) Open an instance of the freshly installed AA plugin in whatever tracks , busses or Master Bus . the plugin window will show up with a small white tab on the left up side of the plugin telling you : "this plugin has to be authorized "

5) close the DAW (you don't have to save )

6) open Glary utilities and type for instance LIME.SER if you installed LIME , CORAL.SER if you installed CORAL or whatever plugin you just installed , including N4 ; This is that very "SER" file you're looking for !

Make a copy of that SER file , go to your dashboard in AA site , click on the Authorisation tab and upload your SER file .

7) Wait ... (it's send instantly to my registred Email in my case) if not , you'll be able to download your .AUT file in your dashboard , Authorisation tab after a while ...

8) Download that .AUT file and put it in the same exact folder where you grabbed your .SER file.

9) Open your DAW , open an instance of the plugin ; it's now authorized !

10) Enjoy ...

( Do the exact same process for any new plugin )

I hope it helps ...

plexus

Post by plexus » Tue Feb 28, 2017 6:07 pm

giancarlo wrote:Yes but many alerts mean a massive update for the whole userbase, and a massive support cost, because today each time there is an update someone is messing with installation paths. I cannot say it is completely a fault of us, since the compete freedom on tuning the plugin. At this point we'll look for a different solution. Keep an eye on our forum meanwhile
Can you please enable forum thread subscriptions so that we can subscribe to threads and notifications of new posts like very other forum that exists on the internet? Then that way we can manage our own notifications. phpBB has this feature built in so just turn it on please please please!

giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Post by giancarlo » Wed Mar 01, 2017 7:41 pm

just posted a cool video featuring n4, pearl2 and diamond in my personal instagram page

https://www.instagram.com/giancarloacustica/

N4 loads now acqua plugins and it recalls settings. Even better, rom presets featured in acqua plugins are working!

Phelix

Post by Phelix » Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:24 pm

Tres cool! Seems to work fine even without mounting screws :D
Ableton⎜Studio One⎜Reaper⎜VST2⎜macOS10.13⎜[email protected]/32GB⎜RME ADI-2 Pro⎜ATC

giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Post by giancarlo » Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:40 pm

Yes we assemble screw packs later, they are both new products

pablo1980
User Level VII
User Level VII

Post by pablo1980 » Thu Mar 02, 2017 12:01 am

Looks great G!

Please please find a way for us to be able to change nebula vst name....If we start loading acqua inside it will be difficult.

I was working in a mix today in cubase, and all my inserts read nebula, nebula, nebula....a testament to your craft, but....hard to navigate.

Jack Winter
User Level VIII
User Level VIII

Post by Jack Winter » Thu Mar 02, 2017 12:31 am

pablo1980 wrote:I was working in a mix today in cubase, and all my inserts read nebula, nebula, nebula....a testament to your craft, but....hard to navigate.
FWIW, in reaper I rename the fx slots, like n73 lc50. ;)
i7-2600k/16GB, i7-4700HQ/16GB, Archlinux/KDE/REAPER, Multiface/Babyface/X32, Genelec 8040, and far too much more to list.