Re: Nebula4, new details

Post by robschroeder » Wed Dec 14, 2016 2:55 pm

Looks very nice :ugeek: :geek: :D

tumburu
Vip Member
Vip Member

Post by tumburu » Wed Dec 14, 2016 2:59 pm

Looks really nice, except those -oo/+6 in out knobs are driving me crazy :?

digitaldragon
User Level 0
User Level 0

Post by digitaldragon » Wed Dec 14, 2016 4:36 pm

Will this upgrade improve the presets for compressors for existing Nebula 3 libraries?

Avgatzeblouz
Expert
Expert

Post by Avgatzeblouz » Wed Dec 14, 2016 5:09 pm

enriquesilveti wrote:We are testing beta version 009 and it is very stable with our skinned commercial library.
Nebula4_Pro_Tools_12_AAX_64bits.JPG
Nebula4_NEPEQ_and_browser.JPG
Very cool. How will be the meters response ? Cause we can't rely at all on Nebula3's ones. This is a mandatory update IMO.
Samplitude Pro X3 suite - Sequoia 14 / Windows 10 pro x64 / Pearl / Titanium / N4 / Pink / Pink compressors / Prime Comp+Mix+Curve + Caribou comp + Black Eq + Black comp / Sand / Lime / Acquamarine / Emerald / Ultramarine / Silk / Gold / Cobalt / Ebony / Ivory / BlueEQ / Lemon / Magenta / Azure

DavideBurattin
User Level X
User Level X

Post by DavideBurattin » Wed Dec 14, 2016 5:58 pm

digitaldragon wrote:Will this upgrade improve the presets for compressors for existing Nebula 3 libraries?
I really hope so, because I think it's matter of engine more than sampling, right?

Support
Expert
Expert

Post by Support » Wed Dec 14, 2016 7:28 pm

Very cool. How will be the meters response ? Cause we can't rely at all on Nebula3's ones. This is a mandatory update IMO.
Will depend on each emulation preset loaded and skin loaded. We created several patch files to automate this type of update tasks.
Best regards,
Acustica Audio help-desk service and support.
https://www.acustica-audio.com/
Acustica Audio is a trademark of Acusticaudio SRL.

To contact Acustica Audio support go to the ‘Support’ in your Acustica Audio account.
We do not provide support via social networks, public forums, Acustica Audio forums, or email accounts.

Support
Expert
Expert

Post by Support » Wed Dec 14, 2016 7:31 pm

DavideBurattin wrote:
digitaldragon wrote:Will this upgrade improve the presets for compressors for existing Nebula 3 libraries?
I really hope so, because I think it's matter of engine more than sampling, right?
Nebula4 use Nebula/Aqua engine (we are beta testing 1.4.131 in Nebula4 1.0.009) and it is CORE9, so you need a CORE9 Nebula emulation preset and a skin with a meter which map values correctly.
Best regards,
Acustica Audio help-desk service and support.
https://www.acustica-audio.com/
Acustica Audio is a trademark of Acusticaudio SRL.

To contact Acustica Audio support go to the ‘Support’ in your Acustica Audio account.
We do not provide support via social networks, public forums, Acustica Audio forums, or email accounts.

HDNebula
User Level III
User Level III

Post by HDNebula » Wed Dec 14, 2016 9:17 pm

Giancarlo did you think about the possibility to create a specific midi controller for nebula like softube console 1? Now with nebula4 libraries (multi instances) and aquas support I think has a lot of sense and much more potential than softube console.

giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Post by giancarlo » Wed Dec 14, 2016 9:44 pm

Avgatzeblouz wrote:
enriquesilveti wrote:We are testing beta version 009 and it is very stable with our skinned commercial library.
meters will be developed later as separate window. Don't ask to me the exact timeframe.

giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Post by giancarlo » Wed Dec 14, 2016 9:44 pm

HDNebula wrote:Giancarlo did you think about the possibility to create a specific midi controller for nebula like softube console 1? Now with nebula4 libraries (multi instances) and aquas support I think has a lot of sense and much more potential than softube console.
yes there will be. 2017-2018

giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Post by giancarlo » Wed Dec 14, 2016 9:50 pm

tumburu wrote:Looks really nice, except those -oo/+6 in out knobs are driving me crazy :?
this is the consequence of nebula legacy controls. Anyway nebula supports natively properly input trimming (and output trimming) but developers should use a mix for it and patch libraries accordingly.

Nebula concept cannot change any more, and it is based on 8 programmable controls and 2 legacy input/output gain controls. Yes we could modify the behaviour of legacy controls but it could lead to backward compatibility issues with the whole legacy library. We cannot add new controls since the architecture constraints. It means you need to use an additional nebula instance OR use programmable controls.

digitaldragon
User Level 0
User Level 0

Post by digitaldragon » Wed Dec 14, 2016 9:57 pm

Support wrote:
DavideBurattin wrote:
Nebula4 use Nebula/Aqua engine (we are beta testing 1.4.131 in Nebula4 1.0.009) and it is CORE9, so you need a CORE9 Nebula emulation preset and a skin with a meter which map values correctly.
So I guess the takeaway from this is there will be no improvement to existing preset collections, only future presets that will be sampled using CORE9 technology. That's a real shame that users will have to get new presets that support CORE9. I guess that's the nature of technology, though.

giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Post by giancarlo » Wed Dec 14, 2016 10:01 pm

ianc wrote::D
Seems like the ideal time to get my plans for N4 off and running in a new system. Will it be much of a problem to get new liciences for all my acqua's at the same time.?
Does anyone also know if 3rd party dev's will re-issue liciences, I've never asked any as my library got lost on a new drive that failed 6 month's ago ( b4 backup :oops: ) and have been waiting for N4 before I went through all that hassle again of setting it up.
Sounds great though G, well worth the wait.

Also very confused about pricing, needs to be explained more simply for the upgraders in relation to the time frame of when the discount lasts untill. Do you still get the 40% once released and if not what does it change to or does it disappear.
Thanks in advance for any help here.

acqua plugins will be supported later.
You don't need to use new licenses for it, you just copy acqua plugins to the nebula folders.

Price is EXTREMELY simple.
N4 will cost 239.
Nebula2 support will be dropped
Nebula3 support will be mainainted
Nebula3 server will be still on our shop, at 139
There will not be any upgrade plan from nebula2 or nebula3 or nebula3 pro to nebula3 server.
There will not be an upgrade plan from Nebula3 server to N4.

Anyway for a temporary and limited amount of time:
N4 will will be in presale with a 20% off (till 1-2-2017)
N4 will be at the same time discounted 10% off cause christmas (till 9-1-2017)

There are also coupons:
Nebula3 server customers will receive a coupon with 40% off.
Nebula3 pro customers will receive a coupon with 20% off
All acustica customers will receive coupons depending an the amount of money they paid recently on our products

You will not be able to sum coupons received by email: you should choose the best one. Coupons will have a deadline, it will be explicitly written in the email you'll receive.

After this period there will not be an upgrade policy any more, apart the coupons you'll receive via email, christmas, middle of august or black friday.

Future plans:
Nebula4 will be upgraded costantly, possibly on montly basis or even more often. We'll release new libraries and even free libraries
We'll introduce Nebula free (basically a nebula4 free player, featuring free libraries like it is happening today in nebula3 land)

At a point we'll drop Nebula3 server and we'll reach the final balance: Nebula3 server will be substituted by Nebula4 lite, a new version still not existing today. Upgrade policy or features planned are unknown. The name "LITE" tells you everything, it will be less powerful than nebula4.
So if you trust the company and you use nebula a lot I HIGHLY suggest nebula4, TODAY, at this discounted price, which is less than the usual acqua plugin and it is leading POSSIBLY to an high number of updates and features. If you are NOT happy about nebula4 you can STILL take an engine from the nebula4 folder and USE it as a standard nebula3. Please note: the authorization process changed.

Avgatzeblouz
Expert
Expert

Post by Avgatzeblouz » Wed Dec 14, 2016 10:13 pm

giancarlo wrote:
Avgatzeblouz wrote:
meters will be developed later as separate window. Don't ask to me the exact timeframe.
OK, I won't :D
Samplitude Pro X3 suite - Sequoia 14 / Windows 10 pro x64 / Pearl / Titanium / N4 / Pink / Pink compressors / Prime Comp+Mix+Curve + Caribou comp + Black Eq + Black comp / Sand / Lime / Acquamarine / Emerald / Ultramarine / Silk / Gold / Cobalt / Ebony / Ivory / BlueEQ / Lemon / Magenta / Azure

giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Post by giancarlo » Wed Dec 14, 2016 10:15 pm

[]

we have several developers working on new library format.
There is no way to optimize older libraries apart what we are already doing today automatically.
Compressors need to be ported to "raw" compressors, and it cannot be automatic. Equalizers need to be ported to master/slave architecture and it cannot be automatic. Libraries should support dynamic vectorial rate, and those parameters cannot be automatic. You need new tools for taking advantage of new features: ultrasync, ultramatch, ultraharmonics (we'll release an example soon). Nebula instances need to be combined with routing if you want to load them in parallel and use multithreading. An awful lot of new tags can be implemented only if the library is specifying them accordingly, otherwise the result would be unexpected.
Basically the old is old, the new is new.