Nebula4, new details

Tips & tricks, working results, technical support
davidgary73
Expert
Expert

Re: Nebula4, new details

Post by davidgary73 » Mon Jan 30, 2017 6:31 pm

gus_vccs wrote:
Sorry to bother you again, but you seem to know a bit more than i do. What i don't understand is how exactly the Rom.xml works.

For example, I have TimP Blue 1102, but i can't see its tag in the Rom.xml. So, how can i change it to something else like EQ - XXX 31102?
Most 3rd party libs are not in the xml file. Tim 1102 in N4 is (B02). You need to add B02 to the Rom.xml file.

<B02> EQ - XXX 31102 </B02>

Save and you will have EQ - XXX 31102 in N4 :D
zabukowski wrote:
davidgary73 wrote:Also, if ever we need to reinstall N4, the listing will be lost and we need to retype everything again unless there's a way to save what we have done.
There is a file N4.settings located inside repository folder. Among other things, it contains favourites list as well. Note also that this file will never be overwritten by installer.
Great..that's nice but the thing is, it does not reflex the same names on the Finder and Legacy Menu. Unless you can mod it and whatever we rename in Favourites Menu, it shows up in Finder and Legacy Menu. That would help many who does not want to dive into the xml editing ;)
MacPro 2 x 2.4 Ghz 6 Core Intel Xeon • 28GB Ram • Logic Pro X 10.4.1 • OSX 10.12.6 • VEP 6 • Console 1 •

Please join us - Facebook Acustica Audio Official Group page @ https://www.facebook.com/groups/2161186247437661/

DavideBurattin
User Level X
User Level X

Post by DavideBurattin » Mon Jan 30, 2017 10:43 pm

The loading of acqua plugins doesn't mean you can stack things: it means the library developer can stack things.
The second point is easier for us, because already implemented in the skinning language. The first one means it is supported in the interface, so there is a way for organizing it (stacking, routing), and it requires time (our routing is "special", and today several optimizations require some external work.. We need several engine updates in order to get a smooth result like automatic coalescing of nebula instances)
In order to go from A to E you need to pass from B, C, D. This year we planned B, and possibly something more. We are simply going slowly, because the number of possible bugs is very big and it requires we achieve points carefully. Enjoy the trip!
This is what I asked for, some weeks ago, to better understand why loading acqua was so important. Thanks :)
Gotcha.

pablo1980
User Level VII
User Level VII

Post by pablo1980 » Mon Jan 30, 2017 10:59 pm

Hi Giancarlo I have a quick question, will n4 be available via local authorized resellers with the usual discounts?

My country's seller is on vacation and can't ask him before Wednesday deadline on the server coupon.

Thanks

Vando

Post by Vando » Tue Jan 31, 2017 12:39 pm

Hi!
Has anybody noticed this kind of behaviour: in TDC (The Drum Compressor) by CDSM some of the presets don't work in N4. They give only INIT. No problem with the same presets in N3.
It's mostly with stuff with Sidechain (but not all) in the description in Finder or VCA 1, 2,3 or 4.
For example all other presets work in ALL/FAV except Nice hat or Hat hair.
There are hundreds of presets to choose from that behave as they're supposed to do, but nevertheless it would be interesting to know what's going on.
Still no answer for my question about the update of 26.1.

-V-

Thierr7
Vip Member
Vip Member

Post by Thierr7 » Tue Jan 31, 2017 9:23 pm

I got same issue with other programs as well ...

giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Post by giancarlo » Tue Jan 31, 2017 10:48 pm

Pablo1980 wrote:Hi Giancarlo I have a quick question, will n4 be available via local authorized resellers with the usual discounts?

My country's seller is on vacation and can't ask him before Wednesday deadline on the server coupon.

Thanks
We'll check it
Several ones are accessing discounts for all products, depending on the country

giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Post by giancarlo » Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:49 am

found the crash bug in protools and in several other hosts. Basically under specific conditions nebula was trying to write files in not-existing folders leading to all possible system instabilities. We verified that using the old init files the issues were slighly fixed.
This evening we'll start betatesting a very powerful fix

btw: I had a terrible flu, I'm back

pablo1980
User Level VII
User Level VII

Post by pablo1980 » Wed Feb 01, 2017 5:08 am

giancarlo wrote:
Pablo1980 wrote:Hi Giancarlo I have a quick question, will n4 be available via local authorized resellers with the usual discounts?

Thanks
We'll check it
Several ones are accessing discounts for all products, depending on the country
Thanks, let me know if you have more info. Get some rest and recover from that flu!