Tips & tricks, working results, technical support
Avgatzeblouz
Expert
Expert

Re: Nebula4, new details

Post by Avgatzeblouz » Tue Dec 13, 2016 8:17 pm

giancarlo wrote:
Avgatzeblouz wrote:
giancarlo wrote:Yes and not. Actual situation is a mess, really few users are using nebula at full potential today.
I'm sure you'll find your workflow. Nebula4 loads acqua and libraries in the same browser and there are tons of advantages doing that way for professionals, for example streamlined updates, configuration and basic things common users have been asking for years
If there are individual settings you could split nebula as usually, but each n4 instance can manage plugins in better ways because inner presets could be based on specific skins, for example. A setup for nebula 4 is still possible
In my view, if N4 can bring what VEPro in bringing nowadays to the table, this is gonna be the most killer thing in my workflow. And VEpro is close to 300€, so it matters ! And yes, a Nebsetups for N4 would still be very nice.
Yes and yes
I knew it ! You rock, man !
Samplitude Pro X3 suite - Sequoia 14 / Windows 10 pro x64 / Pearl / Titanium / N4 / Pink / Pink compressors / Prime Comp+Mix+Curve + Caribou comp + Black Eq + Black comp / Sand / Lime / Acquamarine / Emerald / Ultramarine / Silk / Gold / Cobalt / Ebony / Ivory / BlueEQ / Lemon / Magenta / Azure

glaca
User Level X
User Level X

Post by glaca » Tue Dec 13, 2016 8:26 pm

giancarlo wrote:
glaca wrote:I have a question related to Nebula 4. Talked briefly to Tim P. about his Tape library and the need to split signal to separate mono tracks in Metaplugin since detector in Nebula dynamically sampled programs is in mono.
I assume that this won't change in Nebula 4. Am I right ? Need to decide if I'm getting into metaplugin thing ;)
I understood that this applies to all pre amp and tapes libraries.
I still don't get what is lost if you process stereo file with one instance of pre amp or tape....Narrowing of stereo width ?

That's a bit of topic but how do Aqua pre amps relate to this ? Can they process stereo files ?
We are doing such kind of things in acqua land, so I guess it will be possible in the future
So processing stereo files with Nebula 4 is future thing.
What about Aquas ? Sand pre amps for example. They have Bus settings. Can we process stereo sub group with one instance ?
Also is it only pre amps and tapes that have mono detector in Nebula or is it also things like console emulation by 3rd party developers?

giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Post by giancarlo » Tue Dec 13, 2016 8:41 pm

Yes but if you need indipendant stereo channels use Mastering plug-ins, ie coral

xabilon
User Level VII
User Level VII

Post by xabilon » Tue Dec 13, 2016 9:19 pm

giancarlo wrote:A setup for nebula 4 is still possible
Cool, it's OK for me.
The advantages of setups are not only the skinning and specific settings per library; you can see in your DAW what lib you're using without opening the plugin, and not only "Nebula Reverb" whatever the library.
This problem is not specific to Nebula, it's the same thing for all the "Rack plugins", for example Slate VMR...

robschroeder
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by robschroeder » Tue Dec 13, 2016 9:24 pm

xabilon wrote:The advantages of setups are not only the skinning and specific settings per library; you can see in your DAW what lib you're using without opening the plugin, and not only "Nebula Reverb" whatever the library.
This problem is not specific to Nebula, it's the same thing for all the "Rack plugins", for example Slate VMR...
This is what I like in Studio One. You can rename each plugin instance to a name of your choice once inserted.

RE301

Post by RE301 » Tue Dec 13, 2016 10:04 pm

RJHollins wrote: Another beauty of SetUps ... NOT having to scroll through 30,000 Presets. Having a dedicated SetUP to a specific EQ [for example] improves workflow.
Scrolling through 30k presets would make me want to jump out the window ala Dr Braino (aka John Candy) in this skit.... Too mindblowing man!
https://youtu.be/wqK-o7loiN8

zabukowski
Expert
Expert

Post by zabukowski » Tue Dec 13, 2016 10:23 pm

Setups approach (dedicated N4 plugins with their own program list) should still be possible with N4.

What Nebula Setups doesn't support ATM is new N4 skin handling/management.

basaristudios
Expert
Expert

Post by basaristudios » Tue Dec 13, 2016 11:54 pm

So basically in N4 we will be able to make our own Instances of
N4 as in Setups only with the presets we want inside...i guess.
Prime Total, Nebula Server 3, Scarlett 3, Amethyst 2, Aquamarine 3, Titanium, Magenta 3, Navy, Sand, Pink, Pink Compressors.

llesne
User Level VII
User Level VII

Post by llesne » Wed Dec 14, 2016 12:23 am

[email protected] wrote:So basically in N4 we will be able to make our own Instances of
That would be great :) And I hope that we will be able to rename the individual libraries to our liking.
iMac late 2013, 3.1 GHz Intel Core I7, 16 Go RAM, OSX 10.9.5 - Reaper 5.76 - Lynx Aurora (n) Thunderbolt

Nebula 3 Server, Navy, Ochre, White2, Tan, Gold, Charly Limited, Ruby, Amethyst, Lemon, Ebony, Pink 2 & more coming I guess...

davidgary73
Expert
Expert

Post by davidgary73 » Wed Dec 14, 2016 4:05 am

giancarlo wrote:Price is 200+ eur, but if you buy now around 170, and if you add the temporary coupons you can buy for 100 or even less
So it's only for a short period of time, we N3 server users can only buy N4 for 100 at promo and as soon as the promo ends, we need to pay full price at 249?
MacPro 2 x 2.4 Ghz 6 Core Intel Xeon • 28GB Ram • Logic Pro X 10.4.6 • OSX 10.13.6 • VEP 6 • Console 1 •

Please join us - Facebook Acustica Audio Official Group page @ https://www.facebook.com/groups/2161186247437661/

giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Post by giancarlo » Wed Dec 14, 2016 7:43 am

Yes we are applying the same rules of acqua plugins
Possibly in the future we'll fill the gap of a missing product in the 139 range, where today we have nebula 3 server
It means nebula3 should be removed, because I don't like to keep 3 products updated, and two of them if the same price range. So this decision depends on YOU, what you'll ask. Technically nebula 4 could replace nebula 3 in everything but you'll loose the 32 bits support definitively. In such case we'll plan an upgrade policy or even a free upgrade from nebula 3 to a sort of nebula4 light. We'll see. I like smooth transitions.

This one was deserved, we introduced nebula 3 pro in early 2008 and nebula 3 server in late 2009

giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Post by giancarlo » Wed Dec 14, 2016 7:50 am

llesne wrote:
[email protected] wrote:So basically in N4 we will be able to make our own Instances of
That would be great :) And I hope that we will be able to rename the individual libraries to our liking.
Yes basically you can have mini racks. We could offer in the future the possibility to hide the head for single presets setups, so you can recover the same screen space functionality

robschroeder
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by robschroeder » Wed Dec 14, 2016 9:19 am

giancarlo wrote:Yes and not. Actual situation is a mess, really few users are using nebula at full potential today.
You are right but this also comes from the total outdated manual. I try to dig deeper into the Nebula engine as I want to start to develop libraries in future. I try to get any information about it as much as I can. And I have to say there isn't much information around. First logical step is to read the manual - but it is simply outdated. Many features Nebula has today are not documented there. If I write to support and try to get more information I get the answer - only for official developers for all others classified.

So in germany we say: The cat bites its tail.

ianc
User Level X
User Level X

Post by ianc » Wed Dec 14, 2016 10:42 am

:D
Seems like the ideal time to get my plans for N4 off and running in a new system. Will it be much of a problem to get new liciences for all my acqua's at the same time.?
Does anyone also know if 3rd party dev's will re-issue liciences, I've never asked any as my library got lost on a new drive that failed 6 month's ago ( b4 backup :oops: ) and have been waiting for N4 before I went through all that hassle again of setting it up.
Sounds great though G, well worth the wait.

Also very confused about pricing, needs to be explained more simply for the upgraders in relation to the time frame of when the discount lasts untill. Do you still get the 40% once released and if not what does it change to or does it disappear.
Thanks in advance for any help here.
I wish I could drum half as well with two hands as one of Terry Bozzio's feet

enriquesilveti
Expert
Expert

Post by enriquesilveti » Wed Dec 14, 2016 1:54 pm

We are testing beta version 009 and it is very stable with our skinned commercial library.
Nebula4_Pro_Tools_12_AAX_64bits.JPG
Nebula4_NEPEQ_and_browser.JPG
Enrique Silveti.
Acustica Audio customer and technical support.

MBP 11.5 (W10 1803 | OSX 10.13.6 | i7-4870 | 16 GB | 512 GB SSD)
SP4 (W10 1903 | i5-6300 | 8 GB | 256 GB SSD)
Digiface Dante | Lyra2 | Rednet AM2
VM U18 | VM W10 1803 | VM OSX 10.13
N4/NAT4 | SPX4 | RX7 | LN2C | SMAART8 | R5 | PT2019 | PX11 | NIK5