Tips & tricks, working results, technical support
enriquesilveti
Expert
Expert

Re: Nebula4, new details

Post by enriquesilveti » Tue Dec 13, 2016 3:16 pm

davidgary73 wrote:
giancarlo wrote: if you are a nebula3 server customer the price will be 100
Will the price be different once N4 is out? Or only promo, we get to buy N4 for 100?
- N4 will be a server version
- planned price is 239
Enrique Silveti.
Acustica Audio customer and technical support.

MBP 11.5 (W10 1803 | OSX 10.13.6 | i7-4870 | 16 GB | 512 GB SSD)
SP4 (W10 1903 | i5-6300 | 8 GB | 256 GB SSD)
Digiface Dante | Lyra2 | Rednet AM2
VM U18 | VM W10 1803 | VM OSX 10.13
N4/NAT4 | SPX4 | RX7 | LN2C | SMAART8 | R5 | PT2019 | PX11 | NIK5

kindafishy
Vip Member
Vip Member

Post by kindafishy » Tue Dec 13, 2016 4:41 pm

giancarlo wrote:...
The new preset system is really awesome.
Yes you could maintain the nebula setups workflow with a trick, but you could use the new system and remain inside nebula.
I think the workflow is faster, especially if the preset system of the daw is poor.
You can search a library, add to favourites. We are going to support also vendor tags. The skinning at library level is easy and way more intuitive. And it is automatically delivered from developers, so you install a library and that's all. Rose is a good showcase of the new workflow
This is cool for N4 as a product, but it kind of sucks that this relegates my Nebula Setups to the "no longer used" pile.

Funny how in real life, it is okay for example that a light bulb burns out and it is simply accepted then replaced, but when software "burns out" it kind of stings :)

basaristudios
Expert
Expert

Post by basaristudios » Tue Dec 13, 2016 5:41 pm

Time to get to work...
Prime Total, Nebula Server 3, Scarlett 3, Amethyst 2, Aquamarine 3, Titanium, Magenta 3, Navy, Sand, Pink, Pink Compressors.

jfjer379
Expert
Expert

Post by jfjer379 » Tue Dec 13, 2016 6:00 pm

Will the price be different once N4 is out? Or is it only in promo/pre-sale we get to buy N4 for 100 when we already own N3 server ?

Please answer this AA so we can understand it
im sorry to say but i dont understand what Enrique`s quote meant as usual

its very important to be specific about this AA

as a N3 server owner i think i should be able to upgrade when i want to
not only 100 as a promo/pre sale offer for N3 server owners

and a whopping full price if we don't buy in the pre sales
I7 5820k • RME • Audient • Reaper64 • Win7 64 • Amethyst • Coral • Ebony • El Rey • Emerald • Gold • Honey • Ivory • Lemon • Lime • Magenta • Navy • Pearl • Pink • Pink Comp Bundle • Ruby • Sand • Tapue • Titanium • Virgo • White2 • N3s • N4

Mercado_Negro
Expert
Expert

Post by Mercado_Negro » Tue Dec 13, 2016 7:22 pm

One of the biggest advantages of Nebula Setups is load efficiency. It's much faster to load a Nebula with just a bunch of programs than loading the whole thing which has to read everything and takes lots of time. What's your position in this case?
i7 3770k :: Asus P8H77-V LE :: 16Gb DDR3 @1600MHz :: Geforce GT 520 :: OCZ-Vertex 128Gb :: WD Black Series 1Tb and Green Series 1Tb :: F*******e Liquid56 :: REAPER 64bit and StudioOne 64bit (both latest versions) :: Win 10 64bit

Avgatzeblouz
Expert
Expert

Post by Avgatzeblouz » Tue Dec 13, 2016 7:31 pm

To me the great advantages of NebSetups are:

1 - I see which libraries I used in my mixer, as the plugins are named after them (Summ100A.dll, Vari-Mu.dll,etc...). Much better than a stack of Nebula3server.dll !
2 - I save the tweaks suggested by the devs in the dll (ahead time, etc...)
Samplitude Pro X3 suite - Sequoia 14 / Windows 10 pro x64 / Pearl / Titanium / N4 / Pink / Pink compressors / Prime Comp+Mix+Curve + Caribou comp + Black Eq + Black comp / Sand / Lime / Acquamarine / Emerald / Ultramarine / Silk / Gold / Cobalt / Ebony / Ivory / BlueEQ / Lemon / Magenta / Azure

giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Post by giancarlo » Tue Dec 13, 2016 7:32 pm

You can still split nebula 4 in more ones
Anyway nebula4 is a must. There are around 30000 presets around, I don't think you can manage 30000 different plugins in your host and actual nebula setup is not optimal because you cannot assign different skins to inner presets

Update: final gui for rose
IMG_0025.PNG

Avgatzeblouz
Expert
Expert

Post by Avgatzeblouz » Tue Dec 13, 2016 7:38 pm

giancarlo wrote: Update: final gui for rose
IMG_0025.PNG
Does this mean button pressed in FET mode, and button released is Opto ? Would be nice to have a better indication of which mode we are in, unless there are no attack/release knobs for opto.
Samplitude Pro X3 suite - Sequoia 14 / Windows 10 pro x64 / Pearl / Titanium / N4 / Pink / Pink compressors / Prime Comp+Mix+Curve + Caribou comp + Black Eq + Black comp / Sand / Lime / Acquamarine / Emerald / Ultramarine / Silk / Gold / Cobalt / Ebony / Ivory / BlueEQ / Lemon / Magenta / Azure

giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Post by giancarlo » Tue Dec 13, 2016 7:38 pm

Price is 200+ eur, but if you buy now around 170, and if you add the temporary coupons you can buy for 100 or even less

RJHollins
Expert
Expert

Post by RJHollins » Tue Dec 13, 2016 7:41 pm

30,000 Presets does NOT translate into 30,000 Nebula SetUps.

Another beauty of SetUps ... NOT having to scroll through 30,000 Presets. Having a dedicated SetUP to a specific EQ [for example] improves workflow.
i7-5820k, MSI X99A Plus, 16 GIG Ram, Noctua NH-D14, Win-7 Pro [64-bit], Reaper-64

NVC [Nebula Virtual Controllers]

giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Post by giancarlo » Tue Dec 13, 2016 7:47 pm

Yes and not. Actual situation is a mess, really few users are using nebula at full potential today.
I'm sure you'll find your workflow. Nebula4 loads acqua and libraries in the same browser and there are tons of advantages doing that way for professionals, for example streamlined updates, configuration and basic things common users have been asking for years
If there are individual settings you could split nebula as usually, but each n4 instance can manage plugins in better ways because inner presets could be based on specific skins, for example. A setup for nebula 4 is still possible

glaca
User Level X
User Level X

Post by glaca » Tue Dec 13, 2016 7:54 pm

I have a question related to Nebula 4. Talked briefly to Tim P. about his Tape library and the need to split signal to separate mono tracks in Metaplugin since detector in Nebula dynamically sampled programs is in mono.
I assume that this won't change in Nebula 4. Am I right ? Need to decide if I'm getting into metaplugin thing ;)
I understood that this applies to all pre amp and tapes libraries.
I still don't get what is lost if you process stereo file with one instance of pre amp or tape....Narrowing of stereo width ?

That's a bit of topic but how do Aqua pre amps relate to this ? Can they process stereo files ?

Avgatzeblouz
Expert
Expert

Post by Avgatzeblouz » Tue Dec 13, 2016 7:55 pm

giancarlo wrote:Yes and not. Actual situation is a mess, really few users are using nebula at full potential today.
I'm sure you'll find your workflow. Nebula4 loads acqua and libraries in the same browser and there are tons of advantages doing that way for professionals, for example streamlined updates, configuration and basic things common users have been asking for years
If there are individual settings you could split nebula as usually, but each n4 instance can manage plugins in better ways because inner presets could be based on specific skins, for example. A setup for nebula 4 is still possible
In my view, if N4 can bring what VEPro in bringing nowadays to the table, this is gonna be the most killer thing in my workflow. And VEpro is close to 300€, so it matters ! And yes, a Nebsetups for N4 would still be very nice.

giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Post by giancarlo » Tue Dec 13, 2016 8:11 pm

glaca wrote:I have a question related to Nebula 4. Talked briefly to Tim P. about his Tape library and the need to split signal to separate mono tracks in Metaplugin since detector in Nebula dynamically sampled programs is in mono.
I assume that this won't change in Nebula 4. Am I right ? Need to decide if I'm getting into metaplugin thing ;)
I understood that this applies to all pre amp and tapes libraries.
I still don't get what is lost if you process stereo file with one instance of pre amp or tape....Narrowing of stereo width ?

That's a bit of topic but how do Aqua pre amps relate to this ? Can they process stereo files ?
We are doing such kind of things in acqua land, so I guess it will be possible in the future

giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Post by giancarlo » Tue Dec 13, 2016 8:12 pm

Avgatzeblouz wrote:
giancarlo wrote:Yes and not. Actual situation is a mess, really few users are using nebula at full potential today.
In my view, if N4 can bring what VEPro in bringing nowadays to the table, this is gonna be the most killer thing in my workflow. And VEpro is close to 300€, so it matters ! And yes, a Nebsetups for N4 would still be very nice.
Yes and yes