Nebula4, new details

Tips & tricks, working results, technical support
ceemusic

Re: Nebula4, new details

Post by ceemusic » Fri Dec 23, 2016 3:04 am

OT- you can still use neb/acqua pres & eq's along other amp sims.
ownhammer released cab ir's for nebula a few years ago, don't think they're still available but might ask him if interested.

musicforlife
User Level IV
User Level IV

Post by musicforlife » Fri Dec 23, 2016 3:10 am

Altamir wrote:This is a Nebula 4 thread.
i don't want to sound rude but..i can ask anything that i want here.. since we are just talking.

and since it is a nebula 4 ..why not talk about some NEW possible developments for the plataform?

since they don't have many options for nebula 3?

enjoy your Christmas dude :ugeek:

Avgatzeblouz
Expert
Expert

Post by Avgatzeblouz » Fri Dec 23, 2016 3:22 am

enriquesilveti wrote:Library is completed.
CPCLv5.JPG
Guys... This is one of the most exciting things from 2016 !! Those tons of libraries are gonna kill ! How can anyone say anything about the price !? I just can't wait to buy it (cause I will without even demoing) and to browse and apply all those gems. This is Acustica !
Samplitude Pro X3 suite - Sequoia 14 / Windows 10 pro x64 / Pearl / Titanium / N4 / Pink / Pink compressors / Prime Comp+Mix+Curve + Caribou comp + Black Eq + Black comp / Sand / Lime / Acquamarine / Emerald / Ultramarine / Silk / Gold / Cobalt / Ebony / Ivory / BlueEQ / Lemon / Magenta / Azure

Altamir
User Level II
User Level II

Post by Altamir » Fri Dec 23, 2016 3:55 am

musicforlife wrote:
Altamir wrote:This is a Nebula 4 thread.
i don't want to sound rude but..i can ask anything that i want here.. since we are just talking.

and since it is a nebula 4 ..why not talk about some NEW possible developments for the plataform?

since they don't have many options for nebula 3?

enjoy your Christmas dude :ugeek:
Yeah, you sound rude because you overreacted in a very immature and defensive way. Even more considering I agreed with you and your suggestions...

Chill out man, I was just pointing out it would be a good subject to have its own thread. I'm also a guitarist, y'now...

Enjoy your Christmas and relax :roll:
i7 2600 | Reaper | Sand FAB4 | Lime | Coral | Gold | Nebula 4

llesne
User Level VII
User Level VII

Post by llesne » Fri Dec 23, 2016 4:24 am

A gearslutz vibe is going on. Please proceed. :P
iMac late 2013, 3.1 GHz Intel Core I7, 16 Go RAM, OSX 10.9.5 - Reaper 5.76 - Lynx Aurora (n) Thunderbolt

Nebula 3 Server, Navy, Ochre, White2, Tan, Gold, Charly Limited, Ruby, Amethyst, Lemon, Ebony, Pink 2 & more coming I guess...

musicforlife
User Level IV
User Level IV

Post by musicforlife » Fri Dec 23, 2016 7:00 am

Altamir wrote:
Yeah, you sound rude
well oh well i knew it!

:P

by the way i like gearslutz. if you take the bs off the subject you can learn a lot from the forum.

something like eat fish... you can find good meat but one needs to take the fishbone off before

thanks i will enjoy my Christmas.

giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Post by giancarlo » Fri Dec 23, 2016 9:20 am

musicforlife wrote:I like to have new compressors... but man..

when in the word will we see a more guitar related stuff out?

i don't like to get 20 compressors... and none or just very few guitar related stuff..

would it be nice to see someone or even you guys deal with guitar related stuff..

think like a christmas wish... amps cabinets... anything like that and i give you 100 euros ..200 euros.. but quality stuff my friend!!

:roll: i don't want to argue with you guys about iphone and stuff..im talking about nebula..sorry... i don't have time to deal with phones at the moment. :|

2015 -> equalizers
2016 -> compressors- and nebula completes beautifully the list, there are so many different models now
2017 -> dunno. We'll decide it at the end of January. They could be limiters, reverbs, cabinets... We don't know it yet

Each year has a "theme". Anyway we still keep improving all other things, for example ultrasync improved equalizers and we developed it in 2016, so there are not fences... But there is a logic path though

musicforlife
User Level IV
User Level IV

Post by musicforlife » Fri Dec 23, 2016 9:44 am

Please man.. make it a guitar year LOL...

cabinets, amps effects anything guitar related...

by the way nice to talk with you... whis you all the best...

and .. AND... im waitting for my email coupon for nebula 4..

nebula server user here... can i save it to buy on january?

davidgary73
Expert
Expert

Post by davidgary73 » Fri Dec 23, 2016 9:48 am

musicforlife wrote:nebula server user here... can i save it to buy on january?
Received the coupon yesterday and the coupon will expire on the 1st Feb 2017. So you got ample time to buy :)
MacPro 2 x 2.4 Ghz 6 Core Intel Xeon • 28GB Ram • Logic Pro X 10.4.6 • OSX 10.13.6 • VEP 6 • Console 1 •

Please join us - Facebook Acustica Audio Official Group page @ https://www.facebook.com/groups/2161186247437661/

HDNebula
User Level III
User Level III

Post by HDNebula » Fri Dec 23, 2016 11:11 am

If you don't know what plugins make… then please make one aqua tape plugin with several units in 2017. I think is one of the best options, because only there are slate VTM and u-he satin as decent tape plugins, and these don't sound like a real tape, doesn't even close.

walsoo
User Level V
User Level V

Post by walsoo » Fri Dec 23, 2016 11:17 am

AA: I sent a ticket 2 days ago, please help, sorry for spamming this thread but I need to reach you.

Merry Xmas.

theheliosequence
User Level X
User Level X

Post by theheliosequence » Fri Dec 23, 2016 11:31 am

giancarlo wrote:
musicforlife wrote:
2015 -> equalizers
2016 -> compressors- and nebula completes beautifully the list, there are so many different models now
2017 -> dunno. We'll decide it at the end of January. They could be limiters, reverbs, cabinets... We don't know it yet

Each year has a "theme". Anyway we still keep improving all other things, for example ultrasync improved equalizers and we developed it in 2016, so there are not fences... But there is a logic path though
While I hope that you eventually explore each of these categories (especially limiters and reverbs), I would like to voice the desire to see the harmonics aspect of Nebula/Acqua being capable of distortion. Currently, I feel that Acustica can do the sound of clean analog very well... but I still have to reach for algorithms when I need things more dirty. Perhaps you'd have to sample a more pushed signal and choose between the two, but ideally one preamp would be capable of the full range from clean to distorted.
Win7 64-bit i7 3930K, RME MADI FX, N3S/N4, Amber, Aquamarine, Amethyst, Black Series, Blue, Cobalt, Coral, Diamond, Ebony, Emerald, Gold, Green, Honey, Ivory, Lemon, Lime, Magenta, Navy, Orange, Pearl, Pink, Pink Comp, Purple, Sand, Scarlet, Titanium, Ultramarine, White

jorismak
Vip Member
Vip Member

Post by jorismak » Fri Dec 23, 2016 12:28 pm

I'm having a hard time filtering out the N4 information from the forum. I'm looking what you do and don't get (just to make up my mind).

So to be absolutely clear, can people say which of this is true and not true:
  • N4 can load anything Nebula3 can, so a real replacement
  • You get 'Rose' with Nebula4 purchase, which is a new device being sampled, with Aqua style interface (inside of N4?)
  • You get access to the 'Acustica Library' of presets / programs
  • This library is resampled for N4 (in new Core9 tech?)
  • This library contains a new compressors category / collection
  • If I get 5% of as a personal coupon, and I get 10% from owning nebula3pro, I can't combine these two so I just get the 10% discount
  • N4 is basically Nebula3 (pro? server?) but with Core9 inside of it
  • Older libraries sampled for N3 will not automatically get any new stuff or lower latencies, 3rd party libraries really have to be sampled for N4 to gain any benefit
  • N4 can load multiple presets in a chain and load them faster
  • N4 has advanced skinning options built in, which would allow 3rd party programs to offer better / nicer controls to be like Aquas

Once again, this is not a list stating this to be true, I'm _asking_ what is true, what is not, and what is planned for later (just not to confuse people in a few weeks or months :).

I understand that this information isn't up yet on an information page since the product isn't officially launched yet, but I'm eagerly waiting for information like this to make up my mind.
Last edited by jorismak on Fri Dec 23, 2016 12:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kad974
User Level III
User Level III

Post by kad974 » Fri Dec 23, 2016 12:29 pm

Hello,
I discovered Acustica audio, only two months ago and I confess to having been seduced by the sound and the possibilities of your creations.
My first acquisition is the fabulous Sand and now I am waiting for the release of Nebula 4, to enlarge my collection.
Thank you for your work, hoping that N4 is the expected success.

PS: Would you have a link, who could explain your coupon discount policy?
Mac osx 10.11.5 - i7 6700k - 32 Go DDR4 - Logic Pro X - H******* Mixbus32 - Reaper 5 - Nebula 4 - Sand FAB4 - Pearl 2 - Diamond Eq - GOLD - Lemon - Ebony -Tan - Red - Ochre - Violet - Bronze -Water

Thierr7
Vip Member
Vip Member

Post by Thierr7 » Fri Dec 23, 2016 12:53 pm

+1 For a "Guitar Aqua" based ! Even though we know Neb engine can't (atm) anyway , produce a heavy distorsion release ... They are some really nice 3rd party Guitar Eq's already (CDS , AITB ) So , why not making a clean amps + Fx related Aqua with an algo distorsion part ?

Like others mentioned , i don't feel like buying others Eqs , Comps , Filters , channel strips , as we have plenty of those covered (and well )already ...

Cheers .

EDIT : I'm quiet sure (correct me if i'm wrong ! ) N4 won't be able to lunch several Neb programs at once , to make an Aqua like release ...

That's the part i was really waiting for , this would be so handy ... that's why N4 will not be an instant buy for me .
Last edited by Thierr7 on Fri Dec 23, 2016 1:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.