Nebula4, new details

Tips & tricks, working results, technical support
musicforlife
User Level IV
User Level IV

Re: Nebula4, new details

Post by musicforlife » Thu Dec 22, 2016 11:05 pm

40% discount if you are a nebula3 server owner

to be honest the product will cost something like 239 huh?

is sad because me as a nebula server version already paid 239 for the server version and now i need to pay another 100 euros for the update?

this is like walk backwards... makes more sense to someone who are deciding to pick nebula 4 right now.. since the price will be 239..

is that fair?

botus99
Expert
Expert

Post by botus99 » Thu Dec 22, 2016 11:47 pm

Already been argued about :lol:

Basically, N4 is a totally new product developed outside of N3 and is charged as such. They've updated N3 for MANY years now (in terms of a normal plugin's lifespan), also N4 has been talked about for years as well.
Win10 / Reaper / i7 6700K / 16gb RAM | ZED-R16 / Digi003 (Revive modded)
N4 - Orange, Blue, Purple, Pearl, Diamond, Ebony, Gold, Navy, Amethyst, Lime, Sand, Pink, Titanium, Aquamarine, Magenta, Coral, Cobalt, Lemon

musicforlife
User Level IV
User Level IV

Post by musicforlife » Fri Dec 23, 2016 12:07 am

botus99 wrote:Already been argued about :lol:

B

well one thing is a new product talk... but c'mon man the question for customers who already paid money..and 239 :shock: is the amount...

another 100 for a update :shock: ... is a little bit high ... we already support the company... :cry:

sometimes buying a acqua.. etc... but 100 euros for an update... :cry:

i think is sad and not fair for loyal customers.. they are making money with acquas and will make more with new folks that want nebula 4
if i knew that they will charge the same amount i've paid for nebula 3 server edition i would save money to get nebula 4 ... sad man really sad :cry:

they decide to put a compressor and stuff inside just to "show how good "they are.. but man.. we are talking the "fair" side of things...

im really sad to see this way of doing business... :|

XanomalieX
User Level X
User Level X

Post by XanomalieX » Fri Dec 23, 2016 12:14 am

musicforlife wrote:40% discount if you are a nebula3 server owner

to be honest the product will cost something like 239 huh?

is sad because me as a nebula server version already paid 239 for the server version and now i need to pay another 100 euros for the update?

this is like walk backwards... makes more sense to someone who are deciding to pick nebula 4 right now.. since the price will be 239..

is that fair?
I bought this iPhone and now I gonna pay the same price again ,for the new phone !?!
Win 10 Cubase i7 2600k 16GB

giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Post by giancarlo » Fri Dec 23, 2016 12:21 am

Today with 100 eur you can get 1 compressor from other companies... 3 of you are lucky. We created a whole library, they are 27 new compressor programs from the best - and never sampled - units around and a whole new acqua compressor plugin.
This is not the whole picture. Nebula4 was updated to a new architecture and it will be updated for a long time, at least 3-4 years following our past history
It is not "just" a compressor. The compressor is just the cake.
This n4 sounds like nebula 3 never did.

botus99
Expert
Expert

Post by botus99 » Fri Dec 23, 2016 12:42 am

It isn't sad that a company releases a better product than the last one and decides to charge for it. I like the iPhone analogy :lol: Not every ProTools update is free, heck, not every Reaper update is free! This is MORE than an update, it is a new product. Sure, our wallets would all love for this to be a free update, but how is it smart for Acustica to charge LESS for N4 than what N3 has ever been? Why degrade their own product like that? It would be shooting themselves in the foot.

We paid to join the Nebula 3 train, some of us more recent than others. Now, the Nebula 4 train is here. It promises to be faster, better, etc. You can keep taking the Nebula 3 train anywhere, it still works as great as it ever has! If you want to join the Nebula 4 train, now's the time because after the presale is over, the price goes up.

You can wait and see if you wish, but given their track record, I REALLY want to see where Nebula 4 is going and will gladly pay 100Eur for it.

THEN there's the Rose compressor, the compressor collection for N4, and the additional N4 libraries... what's sad? :lol:
Win10 / Reaper / i7 6700K / 16gb RAM | ZED-R16 / Digi003 (Revive modded)
N4 - Orange, Blue, Purple, Pearl, Diamond, Ebony, Gold, Navy, Amethyst, Lime, Sand, Pink, Titanium, Aquamarine, Magenta, Coral, Cobalt, Lemon

glaca
User Level X
User Level X

Post by glaca » Fri Dec 23, 2016 12:49 am

In my opinion the price is more than fair. It must have been extremely hard work to make this happen.
Just worried my discount coupon still didn't arrive :(
Can't wait to try the compressors !

XanomalieX
User Level X
User Level X

Post by XanomalieX » Fri Dec 23, 2016 12:51 am

@giancarlo

Should we expect a release at 0:01 o'clock or is it save to go to bed because N4 won't be there before tomorrow morning?
Win 10 Cubase i7 2600k 16GB

giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Post by giancarlo » Fri Dec 23, 2016 12:55 am

Tomorrow night

musicforlife
User Level IV
User Level IV

Post by musicforlife » Fri Dec 23, 2016 12:57 am

botus99 wrote: what's sad? :lol:
we don't have cabinets... where are the guitar guy?

except Kevin -ownhammer ..yourself.. Michael cds... HO :? miss him... Eric... and other ones release cabinets...

why can't someone release a great guitar product?

cabinets

neb 4 can sound better ... can you elaborate on that Giancarlo?

giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Post by giancarlo » Fri Dec 23, 2016 1:03 am

Tomorrow just check the compressor library
This is just the beginning
We'll release new preamps later based on new techniques (they are ready) and so on
The tech evolved quite a bit

jfjer379
Expert
Expert

Post by jfjer379 » Fri Dec 23, 2016 1:04 am

the discount for N3 server users with a 100 eur price tag is totally fair IMO

for those who doesn't think its fair don't forget you get Rose Fet/opto comp Acqua style
and many other new libs to go along with N4,
Rose could be worth the price alone
try the trial tomorrow and i bet 99% will think its totally fair

i really really doubt i will be disappointed with the new N4 libs

im totally exited about trying out N4 tomorrow :D
N4 is my extra Christmas gift for my self
if i get the discount on my e-mail inbox by tomorrow i buy tomorrow

Cheers good folks and happy holidays :)
I7 5820k • RME • Audient • Reaper64 • Win7 64 • Amethyst • Coral • Ebony • El Rey • Emerald • Gold • Honey • Ivory • Lemon • Lime • Magenta • Navy • Pearl • Pink • Pink Comp Bundle • Ruby • Sand • Tapue • Titanium • Virgo • White2 • N3s • N4

giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Post by giancarlo » Fri Dec 23, 2016 1:15 am

Yes, rose alone is worth 70 eur.
New yroy (yellow) library is worth at least 70.
The engine upgrade - soundwise- is worth 300.
Than there is the promise of new updates - they will be several years, not less than 2, let's say 200 eur at least.
Than new libraries we'll release for free just for showing the new tech, not less than 300.

So... A 100 eur upgrade is extremely fair. Extremely.
This is the biggest deal of the year.
A note: we'll release a trial version too, and a new engine for nebula free.
Try the product.
You could use the engine as nebula3 and this one is extremely rock solid.
Anyway when used as nebula 4 we reported possibly crashes - something we are working on. I think they will be ironed quickly, because many guys are working on them at the same time
Anyway we promised Christmas, and Christmas will be, n4 is working extremely well for many of us and postponing the product further is not in my plans. I want to keep my promise. Only I suggest to test the trial version and to be sure about it before buying.

musicforlife
User Level IV
User Level IV

Post by musicforlife » Fri Dec 23, 2016 1:50 am

I like to have new compressors... but man..

when in the word will we see a more guitar related stuff out?

i don't like to get 20 compressors... and none or just very few guitar related stuff..

would it be nice to see someone or even you guys deal with guitar related stuff..

think like a christmas wish... amps cabinets... anything like that and i give you 100 euros ..200 euros.. but quality stuff my friend!!

:roll: i don't want to argue with you guys about iphone and stuff..im talking about nebula..sorry... i don't have time to deal with phones at the moment. :|

Altamir
User Level II
User Level II

Post by Altamir » Fri Dec 23, 2016 2:43 am

musicforlife wrote:I like to have new compressors... but man..

when in the word will we see a more guitar related stuff out?

i don't like to get 20 compressors... and none or just very few guitar related stuff..

would it be nice to see someone or even you guys deal with guitar related stuff...
I inquired Giancarlo about it a while ago and it's not in their plans for 2017, sadly. I do think, however, that a true Acqua guitar amp would destroy the competition. The layouts are now possible as they don't differ much from channel strips, but they would still need to improve the saturation. Bass and vintage amps would be a good start since they have little gain. Nebula cabinets alone wouldn't cut it since the preamp/eq section would still be algorythmic, which kind of defeats the point.

BUT. This is a Nebula 4 thread. I don't think your suggestion goes here! Why not opening a new thread for that? Just sayin'! :mrgreen:
i7 2600 | Reaper | Sand FAB4 | Lime | Coral | Gold | Nebula 4