Nebula4, new details

Tips & tricks, working results, technical support
Mordus

Re: Nebula4, new details

Post by Mordus » Fri Dec 16, 2016 8:13 pm

Sorry to bother, AA
giancarlo wrote:if you are a nebula3 server customer the price will be 100
if you are a nebula3 pro customer the price will be 133 (so lower than the new nebula3 server price).
I upgraded from Nebula3 Pro to Nebula Server in BlackFriday2015. I was told by you AA that purchasing the Server Upgrade (with the BF discount) at that time was the cheapest way to be ready for the future N4 upgrade.

Why now is different?
or…
Why I bought Server Upgrade last year?
I though it was the correct move to be ready to upgrade to N4 the cheapest way…

Price is fine, just feel a little bit like an idiot.
Keep it simple, be happy.

Samplitude / Logic Pro X / RME / Italian Handcrafted Loudspeakers

ceemusic

Post by ceemusic » Fri Dec 16, 2016 8:18 pm

Sure they should be paid for an upgrade, that's why I said bad example.

Spyware or not you need still Windows installed if you're a Windows user!

giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Post by giancarlo » Fri Dec 16, 2016 8:25 pm

Mordus wrote:Sorry to bother, AA
giancarlo wrote:if you are a nebula3 server customer the price will be 100
if you are a nebula3 pro customer the price will be 133 (so lower than the new nebula3 server price).
I upgraded from Nebula3 Pro to Nebula Server in BlackFriday2015. I was told by you AA that purchasing the Server Upgrade (with the BF discount) at that time was the cheapest way to be ready for the future N4 upgrade.

Why now is different?
or…
Why I bought Server Upgrade last year?
I though it was the correct move to be ready to upgrade to N4 the cheapest way…

Price is fine, just feel a little bit like an idiot.
N4 was planned for april. Too many things changed
But the result is almost there: you paid 50 the upgrade, and now you can reach n4 with around 100. It's 150 vs 120 and you had a new engine for one year.
Sorry, sometimes we cannot really forecast our future pricing policy, during years we fail

Mannymac

Post by Mannymac » Fri Dec 16, 2016 8:55 pm

With Nebula4 being backwards compatible I don't see the problem.
All the libraries you like can be loaded. And new developers that agreee to the Nebula4 model which seems fair to me will then have the chance to prove that the new techniques and tools will lead to better products.

A more stable engine and better support because Acustica is becoming more professional as a company all sounds good to me.

You don't loose by not upgrading, if you upgrade you can still use what you did before and use new tools.

If AlexB and other developers do not want to go that route that is their decision..we can still use their fabolous tools the same way.

Some companies refuse to develop apps for the iPhone. As long as I can still use their tools on my Windows machine it is all okay for me. IF UAD releases a Fairchild MKII I can still use the Fairchild MK1. You buy a software on the day you buy it for the features that are available on that day.

And here we have Acustica, a company that has to this day given me all upgrades for my Acqua plugins for free!!! Why the hate for them?

Nobody of us has a right for free upgrade for the next 10 years. I would like to see your faces when your boss tells you he will stop paying for your work because youd did the same 5 years ago..;) But technology is moving forward and if they for whatever reason don't agree to the new deal than that is their business decision. All good.

Have I missed something? Where is the problem?

malekmusic
User Level VII
User Level VII

Post by malekmusic » Fri Dec 16, 2016 9:29 pm

as much as i love acustica audio, sometimes i just dont get them. when they try to explain something, it sounds like encrypted myths which i can not understand. and to see them react to users who ask for a longer upgrade period like this is quite odd. i even think giancarlo seems to be offended by us.

i can only speak for myself, but i think many users feel the same, we really support acustica and buy nearly every plugin. we have to accept their decisisions, but i think we have the right to say what we think, even if we say, as long as tim p. or alex b. are not on board we are quite unsure what we can expect. none of us want to offend acustica audio or make them upset. but i am sad too things like: "i dont care."

why dont just listen to us and rethink or dont rethink your decisions. if you do it or not is up to you. but i feel sad to the this discussion in this direction.

but in the end, im an acustica audio lover and will be so.

gus_vccs
User Level XI
User Level XI

Post by gus_vccs » Fri Dec 16, 2016 9:37 pm

I have never used Nebula. But I'll probably buy N4. And then, I'll give Alex B and TimP some money, for their Eqs and Console Mojo.

Everybody wins.

Avgatzeblouz
Expert
Expert

Post by Avgatzeblouz » Fri Dec 16, 2016 9:43 pm

malekmusic wrote:a
why dont just listen to us and rethink or dont rethink your decisions.
More often than not, that's what they do, don't you think ?
Samplitude Pro X3 suite - Sequoia 14 / Windows 10 pro x64 / Pearl / Titanium / N4 / Pink / Pink compressors / Prime Comp+Mix+Curve + Caribou comp + Black Eq + Black comp / Sand / Lime / Acquamarine / Emerald / Ultramarine / Silk / Gold / Cobalt / Ebony / Ivory / BlueEQ / Lemon / Magenta / Azure

SteDal
Expert
Expert

Post by SteDal » Fri Dec 16, 2016 9:57 pm

malekmusic wrote:as much as i love acustica audio, sometimes i just dont get them.
. . .
none of us want to offend acustica audio or make them upset. but i am sad too things like: "i dont care."

why dont just listen to us and rethink or dont rethink your decisions. if you do it or not is up to you. but i feel sad to the this discussion in this direction.

but in the end, im an acustica audio lover and will be so.
@malekmusic: we're all grown-ups here, and surely nobody needs a public defender, but please always be aware of the subtle traps of any language barrier.

In Italian we use to say "Non mi interessa (I don't care)" when there's simply no interest in something. For us it doesn't sound that rude, almost offensive, as it may sound in English. It means just that it isn't a priority...

Ever noticed how often we Italians forget to insert that magic word "please" in our English sentences? We use to translate one word after the other, straight from our language. The result is quite annoying for any native English speaker, to say the least, but most of times we didn't really mean that...

Of course this is not an excuse for not trying to write in a correct and polite English...
:oops:
Win 10/64 - Intel i7-5820K - Intel i7-4510U - Reaper 6

robschroeder
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by robschroeder » Fri Dec 16, 2016 9:59 pm

malekmusic wrote:...but i think we have the right to say what we think, even if we say, as long as tim p. or alex b. are not on board we are quite unsure what we can expect.
Are those 3rd developers AA? No they are not. What would you do if those decide because of personal reasons or the fact that they earn to less money with the libs to quit developing or they will stop because of the fact that there is no N4?

AA is AA and 3rd party is 3rd party. Both can decide on their own what they want to do or not. Nobody can give you any guarantee for anything. AA simply offers a platform where other (can) develop libraries. Same like Native Instruments Kontakt. It's an engine and other can provide content for the engine. And now this engine called N4 takes another step. Nothing else is going on here.

Again: Your purchased libraries will not stop to work in N4 if one of the devs will not go the route of N4. And you are not forced to do the upgrade step to N4.

And honestly I personally can understand G when he says that he doesn't care if one goes the step or not. He has to lead a company and he can't considerate to everyones feelings.

malekmusic
User Level VII
User Level VII

Post by malekmusic » Fri Dec 16, 2016 10:16 pm

robschroeder wrote:
malekmusic wrote:...but i think we have the right to say what we think, even if we say, as long as tim p. or alex b. are not on board we are quite unsure what we can expect.
Are those 3rd developers AA? No they are not. What would you do if those decide because of personal reasons or the fact that they earn to less money with the libs to quit developing or they will stop because of the fact that there is no N4?

AA is AA and 3rd party is 3rd party. Both can decide on their own what they want to do or not. Nobody can give you any guarantee for anything. AA simply offers a platform where other (can) develop libraries. Same like Native Instruments Kontakt. It's an engine and other can provide content for the engine. And now this engine called N4 takes another step. Nothing else is going on here.

Again: Your purchased libraries will not stop to work in N4 if one of the devs will not go the route of N4. And you are not forced to do the upgrade step to N4.

And honestly I personally can understand G when he says that he doesn't care if one goes the step or not. He has to lead a company and he can't considerate to everyones feelings.
i guess every acustica lover knows that the 3rd party developer dont belong to acustica.
i was never the one who was unsure about nebula4 because of tim p, and alex b, i have just summarized what users think.

if we are honest, those two guys are outstanding developers and extended the borders of what is possible in nebula many times, yes in my opinion they make nebula sound better than aqua. though lime, pink, purple and sand are fantatstic (i guess because the new engine). so i think its a valid worry, if they are there or not.

for me it doesnt change anything because i want nebula4. the only thing which i and many others have asked for is a longer ugrade period. and there are valid reasons. i know you think nebula4 is not an update or upgrade, its a new thing for you. but come on.... it is what it is, its nebula 4.

right now, it doesnt have any new features and i have to buy it within 2 weeks or i will not be able to upgrade. with all the love i have for acustica, they already have all my money i could spend and i need a little bit for christmas. next month i can do it, but then there is no upgrade path. i think this is not right. i cant buy nebula again, because i already bought it. i want to upgrade.

pablo1980
User Level VII
User Level VII

Post by pablo1980 » Fri Dec 16, 2016 10:39 pm

Yes, I concurr. I don´t mean to know how the economics work, but maybe you can extend a little the upgrade window?

I don´t know if I will be able to fork 239 in a long time, but in the not so long future I can go 139 (exchange rate is very hard here).

I am determined to upgrade, just can´t in the short future.

(and you have all the right to tell me to shove it, because it is your company and you have been more than generous in the past :D )

robschroeder
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by robschroeder » Fri Dec 16, 2016 11:19 pm

malekmusic wrote:right now, it doesnt have any new features and i have to buy it within 2 weeks or i will not be able to upgrade.
This is wrong. You can upgrade until February and will only loose the 10% X-Mas off.
10% discount cause christmas, till 9 jan 2017
20% discount because it is a preorder till 1 feb 2017

- and as nebula customer you'll have:

20% discount if you are a nebula3 pro owner
40% discount if you are a nebula3 server owner

dinodrums
User Level I
User Level I

Post by dinodrums » Sat Dec 17, 2016 12:08 am

This all looks absolutely fantastic, here's hoping it launches 23rd December.

One BIG problem though.. Current (Sierra OS).

Presently none of my Nebula 3 / acqua plugins e.g. Magenta/ Purple are working - as Sierra is not supported as has been warned by A.A. thank you.

However, I do hope you 'ragazzis' are testing N4 in Sierra OS? ;)

I will only purchase N4 once Sierra is supported.. I miss using all my Acustica Audio plugins in Sierra right now!

malekmusic
User Level VII
User Level VII

Post by malekmusic » Sat Dec 17, 2016 12:17 am

robschroeder wrote:
malekmusic wrote:right now, it doesnt have any new features and i have to buy it within 2 weeks or i will not be able to upgrade.
This is wrong. You can upgrade until February and will only loose the 10% X-Mas off.
10% discount cause christmas, till 9 jan 2017
20% discount because it is a preorder till 1 feb 2017

- and as nebula customer you'll have:

20% discount if you are a nebula3 pro owner
40% discount if you are a nebula3 server owner
i hope you are right, but it doesnt clearly say that the upgrade is possible until when. again one of those acustica crytpos. maybe i am stupid too understand it though. haha

DavideBurattin
User Level X
User Level X

Post by DavideBurattin » Sat Dec 17, 2016 1:20 am

I just received a discount coupon today, so I'm looking forward to try N4!
BTW I think that a lot of users are missing, in all this thread, the best feature of Nebula4: the chance to sample and keep every gear you will find in any friends studios ^_^
I already did some cool preamps, tapes, eqs and compressors with Nebula 3, but I found some issues with the pres and compressors (due the old core). I'm really excited to try the core 9!

Another personal thought: if you can't afford, near Christmas, a plugin for just around 100-200€, the problem is not the AA bad timing, but maybe could be another one ;)

my only bother, personally, is that I have to reinstall Cubase pro from 32 bit to 64, and all my vsts... for 3 workstations! :cry:
hoping that some legacy and/or free plugins I love, will work all with the jbridge wrapper.
of course I prefer to play music, record and mix instead of wasting time reinstalling all, with the risk of losing the backward compatibility with my old projects.