Nebula4, new details

Tips & tricks, working results, technical support
giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Re: Nebula4, new details

Post by giancarlo » Thu Dec 15, 2016 9:48 pm

Our nebulas are been supported and uploaded for years.
I think we don't have to promise anything, because our past history simply tells you that. We did it. The point is how much do you trust the company for this jump. If you want to wait all things will happen it is fine, simply you'll pay for this wait. I think this is fair on both sides.
If you don't remember what happened or you don't know it is fine, just Google what nebula was in 2007 and what we added to nebula just for free

First product, rose, will show to you what is going to happen in nebula land and how much strong and talented are new incoming developers supporting the platform. I cannot force old developers to join the party, it is their freedom, and simply I don't mind. It is not my business. I create technology, we did incredible progresses, that is what counts for me.

pablo1980
User Level VII
User Level VII

Post by pablo1980 » Thu Dec 15, 2016 9:54 pm

please Giancarlo, don´t take this as a lack of trust or that I implied that you didn´t keep your promises, I love what you did, do and WILL DO. I have absolute faith in Nebula 4.

I (and I think lots of others) can´t make the jump right now, not because of lack of faith but lack of funds! :P

But I know that you are a small and very hard working bunch, and understand that you have to do what´s necessary to keep in business and thriving.

Again I appologize if I sounded as if I didn´t have faith in the future of nebula. Maybe you can make the window for upgrading users a bit longer than usual? (shamesly asking)

giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Post by giancarlo » Thu Dec 15, 2016 10:15 pm

That's fine.
Today this is the deal, I understand the lacking of funds, we'll try to be helpful.
We have a lot of plans for the new platform, and so many updates on the way.
I think the union of old and new things will make the new platform irresistible.
Today I worked with the browser for an hour or so and it is a so great pleasure

llesne
User Level VII
User Level VII

Post by llesne » Thu Dec 15, 2016 10:43 pm

Giancarlo, can you explain the features of the browser ?
iMac late 2013, 3.1 GHz Intel Core I7, 16 Go RAM, OSX 10.9.5 - Reaper 5.76 - Lynx Aurora (n) Thunderbolt

Nebula 3 Server, Navy, Ochre, White2, Tan, Gold, Charly Limited, Ruby, Amethyst, Lemon, Ebony, Pink 2 & more coming I guess...

Thierr7
Vip Member
Vip Member

Post by Thierr7 » Thu Dec 15, 2016 11:06 pm

I feel the same about short time discount.

I bought everything from A.A and i'm glad i did ! not to mention so many 3rd party Neb developers !

I own every single Aqua releases but ULTRAMARINE ,

the very first Aquas , i bought , are not updated nor in sales anymore . they're really good but very slow to work with ...

It's been really a big sacrifice for me to get latest releases and , as you say G , N4 first release won't have much more than N3 besides of cosmetic changes .

I think loyal customers like me deserve a real nice discount for N4 and not only for a few weeks ...

Sincerly.

giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Post by giancarlo » Thu Dec 15, 2016 11:55 pm

Thierr7 wrote:I feel the same about short time discount.

I bought everything from A.A and i'm glad i did ! not to mention so many 3rd party Neb developers !

I own every single Aqua releases but ULTRAMARINE ,

the very first Aquas , i bought , are not updated nor in sales anymore . they're really good but very slow to work with ...

It's been really a big sacrifice for me to get latest releases and , as you say G , N4 first release won't have much more than N3 besides of cosmetic changes .

I think loyal customers like me deserve a real nice discount for N4 and not only for a few weeks ...

Sincerly.
Basically nebula is based on a different architecture
This is the reason why we moved to a different product version.
Apparently it is a cosmetic update, but it is based on a new logic: each plugin is based on a multi-instance grid. This little modification is forcing to code a different client/server implementation, different features and a much more powerful architecture, even a different gui framework

As our first release the differences are about the workflow: better preset manager, independent skins, a more upgraded engine.
But just roses can provide an idea about the new standard and its advantages

Jordi
User Level X
User Level X

Post by Jordi » Fri Dec 16, 2016 1:11 am

I'm surprised you do not mind third-party developers. I think it is they who have pushed this company with its libraries, since otherwise, there would be no offer on this platform. Obviously you are the visionary of this technology but I think that the breakers would have to be better valued in this aspect.

On the other hand, I'm user and owner of three nebula server and I agree with the views of colleagues, but stic 100% according to claims jfjer379, both in terms N4 and developers. You can not ask that people trust a product without knowing whether developers will be in the party or not, but it is enhancing its business. So I gather that your company has created a development section of bookshops N4, which will come give away or depend on their interest and in our. it is very legitimate to say no, so it did acqua by changing how libraries to N4, and interface technology and everything that is related.
hope that everything evolves as you want, but maybe something is wrong when too many people are not in conformity, which is the thinking that doing wrong

davidgary73
Expert
Expert

Post by davidgary73 » Fri Dec 16, 2016 3:02 am

giancarlo wrote:Our nebulas are been supported and uploaded for years.
I think we don't have to promise anything, because our past history simply tells you that. We did it. The point is how much do you trust the company for this jump. If you want to wait all things will happen it is fine, simply you'll pay for this wait. I think this is fair on both sides.
Majority of us has already spent money buying Acqua products, plugins and there's no time for us to recover from our expenditures. If you plan on releasing N4 in the coming weeks, you may not gather a lot of sales because many will be spending on their Christmas and year end shopping :D

Well, there's is no "JUMP" when we don't have the extra cash right, Gian? If you desire all of us to jump on the N4 train and be on the same platform, (a suggestion if you're keen) is to push the N4 sale with the same offer to the 1st Feb 2017 where you planned to release N4. This will give us time to save up and both parties are happy.

Without AlexB, both Tim, Micro & Michael, N4 will be vapourware and you don't want that to happen because we have come to trust their excellent products.

But...with a rock solid N4 product, our current 3rd party developers behind it churning on N4 libraries, many of us will definitely jump with you.

"You jump, we jump" (like Titanic) hahaha.

Trust us as we your customers want you to earn big time ;)
Last edited by davidgary73 on Fri Dec 16, 2016 5:56 am, edited 2 times in total.
MacPro 2 x 2.4 Ghz 6 Core Intel Xeon • 28GB Ram • Logic Pro X 10.4.6 • OSX 10.13.6 • VEP 6 • Console 1 •

Please join us - Facebook Acustica Audio Official Group page @ https://www.facebook.com/groups/2161186247437661/

botus99
Expert
Expert

Post by botus99 » Fri Dec 16, 2016 4:58 am

I love all of our developers as much as the rest of you, and hope I don't need to show my receipts to prove my devotion :lol: I can see the fear over N4 becoming vaporware too, honestly, there is a real chance. Still, in a worst case scenario where none of the current developers are on board, N4 may not necessarily be redundant. I think that will likely depend on what these newer developers that Gian mentioned bring to the table. What's to say that the new developers won't put out products that can compete with our current favorites? I definitely would welcome newcomers and any contributions they would make. I still fully intend on following all the current developers too, as I'm sure the rest of us do.

All I know is that I have no idea what's in store. I want more info about new developers, new features in N4, and the potentially unanswerable; what direction will N4 lead :geek: Time will tell, our wallets are doomed either way, spay and neuter your pets.
Win10 / Reaper / i7 6700K / 64gb RAM | DL32R / ZED-R16 / 2x Digi003 (1 Black Lion modded, 1 Revive modded)
N4 - Orange, Blue, Purple, Pearl, Diamond EQ Trans & Lift, Ebony, Gold, Navy, Amethyst, Lime, Sand, Pink, Titanium, Aquamarine, El Rey, Magenta, Erin, Coral, Cobalt, Celestial, Taupe, Lemon

giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Post by giancarlo » Fri Dec 16, 2016 6:33 am

Jordi wrote:I'm surprised you do not mind third-party developers. I think it is they who have pushed this company with its libraries, since otherwise, there would be no offer on this platform. Obviously you are the visionary of this technology but I think that the breakers would have to be better valued in this aspect.

On the other hand, I'm user and owner of three nebula server and I agree with the views of colleagues, but stic 100% according to claims jfjer379, both in terms N4 and developers. You can not ask that people trust a product without knowing whether developers will be in the party or not, but it is enhancing its business. So I gather that your company has created a development section of bookshops N4, which will come give away or depend on their interest and in our. it is very legitimate to say no, so it did acqua by changing how libraries to N4, and interface technology and everything that is related.
hope that everything evolves as you want, but maybe something is wrong when too many people are not in conformity, which is the thinking that doing wrong
As usually this is not a business of mine:
- Basically nebula will be moved on this new engine. In the worst scenario we have already a library of around 20-30k presets. It is a matter of making out more usable: metering, networking, skinning, routing
- The the engine, actually used by acquas, is already more powerful than the engine used for creating the typical library. It means that you could easily create new content which is not redundant: better compressors matching, better interpolation, better harmonic synchronization, more optimizations, more features and so on. It is not something to do. It is for real, today, already debugged.
- I don't mind about nebula sales because today they are already very low, since we sold already all possible plugins in the past. The userbase is already saturated. So basically there isn't something to break, and whatever improvement can basically pay partially new developments, support which are already covered by acquas
- In the even worst scenario, no more libraries sold by developers we have already a consistent base of free presets, new ones and the acqua plugin eco-system. It is already an huge library today. And while we are speaking we are filling our hard drives with new presets at a rate I cannot even describe. Original Acustica library was about 8 gigabytes, we are buying 9 terabytes each 3 months.

Sum everything: I don't mind what sales will be. I don't mind what developers will do. I will not push anything or suggest anything to anyone. Surprisingly I don't want to interfere with people decisions, Acustica is still a land of complete freedom. Customers, developers. I will not push nebula sales, I'm not even interested in advertising it more than what we are doing today.
Do what you want, in the way you want. My challenge is getting a more realistic distortion, problems like that. That's all

So: I'm not asking anyone to trust the product. If you do it, you'll have a discount. If you trust the company you will pay less the transition, but I'm not asking to trust. But basically nebula3 will be moved to n4 and nebula support during next years will be moved to n4. This is something I can decide, this is my personal business - where I'll address my personal time, money and resources. On 2019 or 2020 I'll support probably only n4. It is fair imho.

A last and very important note: our business and our decisions are moving in a direction we cannot even explain today because they are strategic, they are covering next 4-5 years (being a so long term plan I cannot explain, otherwise I could create false expectations; but basically what we planned is happening already). We are working hard today on awesome things, so I "see" a future, and it is exciting and bright. During 2013, when we decided to jump, things were not so good, the future was interesting but darker. Today I have a vision, I know what to do, I have a long term plan

RE301

Post by RE301 » Fri Dec 16, 2016 6:37 am

I'm a bit confused - will N4 be backwards compatible with N3 3rd party libraries? Or would developers have to rework / resample thier libraries to be compatible with N4?

giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Post by giancarlo » Fri Dec 16, 2016 7:08 am

Yes.

N4 in a nutshell:
1) it is backward compatible
2) acustica will move to n4, slowly dropping the support to nebula3. Very slow, but inevitable.

It is like a new version of your os. You can move forward. You can stay on old ones. New one is featuring modern things. Old one is still good and working. After a while even the best one (snow leopard, windows xp) is not supported any more and becomes a legacy product. It is a consequence of where a company can address major efforts (patches, bug fixing, security and so on)

More clear now?

RE301

Post by RE301 » Fri Dec 16, 2016 9:12 am

Yes - thank you for the info & fast reply!

For me a big selling point woukd be: backwards compatibility with existing N3 libraries & Aqua, plus an enhanced engine that would (presumably) deliver boosts in the way of working (eg: speed, stability, cpu demands, scrolling/preset menu, etc - if not now, at some point in the future.. )

giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Post by giancarlo » Fri Dec 16, 2016 9:26 am

Yes this is the point
The new engine is very stabile but we cannot understand possible new issues for all possible customers, it will require time
We'll provide a trial
But even in this case, you could rename a dll and get the old nebula back, very stable in latest releases. I think there is a solution for everything this time.

enriquesilveti
Expert
Expert

Post by enriquesilveti » Fri Dec 16, 2016 11:12 am

Jordi wrote:I'm surprised you do not mind third-party developers. I think it is they who have pushed this company with its libraries, since otherwise, there would be no offer on this platform. Obviously you are the visionary of this technology but I think that the breakers would have to be better valued in this aspect.

Why you think that? Did us post something related in forums?

In lower part of http://www.acustica-audio.com/ you can find complete Nebula3 3rd party libraries developers list.

List for Nebula4 will be in new website but you can see alternative data path from beta Nebula4 with new ones (DiBiQuadro, GeorgievSound, Kalthallen, SoundDrops)
3rdDEV.JPG
We are going to keep also old Room Hunters libraries and we are talking about new development in 2017.

The most simple things is ask to them theirs plans about Nebula4. We have a lot of contact with Michael, Tim, Mirco and Remí, but you should take care on each developer situation, for example Henry moved to Australia, Eric studio closed (Pop sound in LA/USA), Alessandro is in vacations and Nikolay is SAE teacher and work also in AES UK (in free time he sample and force box.com to crash with massive uploads)

They should test old libraries, decide which one update and which one resample, it is not a job for one day.
Enrique Silveti.
Acustica Audio customer and technical support.

MBP 11.5 (W10 1803 | OSX 10.13.6 | i7-4870 | 16 GB | 512 GB SSD)
SP4 (W10 1903 | i5-6300 | 8 GB | 256 GB SSD)
Digiface Dante | Lyra2 | Rednet AM2
VM U18 | VM W10 1803 | VM OSX 10.13
N4/NAT4 | SPX4 | RX7 | LN2C | SMAART8 | R5 | PT2019 | PX11 | NIK5