Tips & tricks, working results, technical support
giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Re: Nebula4, new details

Post by giancarlo » Wed Dec 14, 2016 10:17 pm

Avgatzeblouz wrote:
OK, I won't :D

the beauty of the new "company architecture": you will ask to franci and he will create all things you need. So I will not stressed by anyone any more! awesome move!

Avgatzeblouz
Expert
Expert

Post by Avgatzeblouz » Wed Dec 14, 2016 10:19 pm

giancarlo wrote:
ianc wrote::D
Seems like the ideal time to get my plans for N4 off and running in a new system. Will it be much of a problem to get new liciences for all my acqua's at the same time.?
Does anyone also know if 3rd party dev's will re-issue liciences, I've never asked any as my library got lost on a new drive that failed 6 month's ago ( b4 backup :oops: ) and have been waiting for N4 before I went through all that hassle again of setting it up.
Sounds great though G, well worth the wait.

Also very confused about pricing, needs to be explained more simply for the upgraders in relation to the time frame of when the discount lasts untill. Do you still get the 40% once released and if not what does it change to or does it disappear.
Thanks in advance for any help here.

acqua plugins will be supported later.
You don't need to use new licenses for it, you just copy acqua plugins to the nebula folders.

Price is EXTREMELY simple.
N4 will cost 239.
Nebula2 support will be dropped
Nebula3 support will be mainainted
Nebula3 server will be still on our shop, at 139
There will not be any upgrade plan from nebula2 or nebula3 or nebula3 pro to nebula3 server.
There will not be an upgrade plan from Nebula3 server to N4.

Anyway for a temporary and limited amount of time:
N4 will will be in presale with a 20% off (till 1-2-2017)
N4 will be at the same time discounted 10% off cause christmas (till 9-1-2017)

There are also coupons:
Nebula3 server customers will receive a coupon with 40% off.
Nebula3 pro customers will receive a coupon with 20% off
All acustica customers will receive coupons depending an the amount of money they paid recently on our products

You will not be able to sum coupons received by email: you should choose the best one. Coupons will have a deadline, it will be explicitly written in the email you'll receive.

After this period there will not be an upgrade policy any more, apart the coupons you'll receive via email, christmas, middle of august or black friday.

Future plans:
Nebula4 will be upgraded costantly, possibly on montly basis or even more often. We'll release new libraries and even free libraries
We'll introduce Nebula free (basically a nebula4 free player, featuring free libraries like it is happening today in nebula3 land)

At a point we'll drop Nebula3 server and we'll reach the final balance: Nebula3 server will be substituted by Nebula4 lite, a new version still not existing today. Upgrade policy or features planned are unknown. The name "LITE" tells you everything, it will be less powerful than nebula4.
So if you trust the company and you use nebula a lot I HIGHLY suggest nebula4, TODAY, at this discounted price, which is less than the usual acqua plugin and it is leading POSSIBLY to an high number of updates and features. If you are NOT happy about nebula4 you can STILL take an engine from the nebula4 folder and USE it as a standard nebula3. Please note: the authorization process changed.
Seems great and fair to me.
Samplitude Pro X3 suite - Sequoia 14 / Windows 10 pro x64 / Pearl / Titanium / N4 / Pink / Pink compressors / Prime Comp+Mix+Curve + Caribou comp + Black Eq + Black comp / Sand / Lime / Acquamarine / Emerald / Ultramarine / Silk / Gold / Cobalt / Ebony / Ivory / BlueEQ / Lemon / Magenta / Azure

philou72
User Level 0
User Level 0

Post by philou72 » Thu Dec 15, 2016 9:21 am

BCz wrote:No grace period? Bought Neb3 Server 4 months ago to learn how it worked while I waited for Neb4. Paying 239eur and now paying 100 more is not very funny (not for my wallet at least). I should have bought the pro version or waited some more. Damn.

I've bought Nebula pro 3 in september and updraged to server 3 weeks ago... Pay again 100 more ! WTF ?

giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Post by giancarlo » Thu Dec 15, 2016 9:34 am

The plan was clear and explained in every forum
The upgrade is generous and we are adding a different product!
Said that when the product will be out please discuss it with support, they will try to satisfy last minute nebula 3 users

pablo1980
User Level VII
User Level VII

Post by pablo1980 » Thu Dec 15, 2016 3:02 pm

I think the plan is generous, but a bit stinged to see that neb3 server users have a time limit to upgrade, I wish I could upgrade soon but funds are low, maybe the upgrade path shouldn't be time constrained?

llesne
User Level VII
User Level VII

Post by llesne » Thu Dec 15, 2016 3:11 pm

It's definitely a good offer with Rose included. But yeah I understand that some people want to upgrade later in 2017. :geek:
iMac late 2013, 3.1 GHz Intel Core I7, 16 Go RAM, OSX 10.9.5 - Reaper 5.76 - Lynx Aurora (n) Thunderbolt

Nebula 3 Server, Navy, Ochre, White2, Tan, Gold, Charly Limited, Ruby, Amethyst, Lemon, Ebony, Pink 2 & more coming I guess...

Support
Expert
Expert

Post by Support » Thu Dec 15, 2016 3:38 pm

Nebula4 AAX, Pro Tools 12 and OSX 10.12...
Screen Shot 2016-12-14 at 19.57.21.png
Best regards,
Acustica Audio help-desk service and support.
https://www.acustica-audio.com/
Acustica Audio is a trademark of Acusticaudio SRL.

To contact Acustica Audio support go to the ‘Support’ in your Acustica Audio account.
We do not provide support via social networks, public forums, Acustica Audio forums, or email accounts.

jfjer379
Expert
Expert

Post by jfjer379 » Thu Dec 15, 2016 5:20 pm

Pablo1980 wrote:I think the plan is generous, but a bit stinged to see that neb3 server users have a time limit to upgrade, I wish I could upgrade soon but funds are low, maybe the upgrade path shouldn't be time constrained?
+1
I7 5820k • RME • Audient • Reaper64 • Win7 64 • Amethyst • Coral • Ebony • El Rey • Emerald • Gold • Honey • Ivory • Lemon • Lime • Magenta • Navy • Pearl • Pink • Pink Comp Bundle • Ruby • Sand • Tapue • Titanium • Virgo • White2 • N3s • N4

jfjer379
Expert
Expert

Post by jfjer379 » Thu Dec 15, 2016 6:19 pm

even the plan is generous, i think the timing is bad
for when the pre sales ends

pre-sales ends before N4 3rd party libs will be out witch is
the N4`s biggest selling point
and this is the only reason its interesting to me since i already have so many great N3 libs

if i don't like Rose or its not really useful to me i don't know what im gonna even use N4 for

to copy all my Aqcua libs into the nebula respiratory
what is the benefits of doing this exactly ?
rack up my acquas witch feels very unnecessary and using twice the space on my SSD while doing so ?

THE REAL BIGGIE
no ones know what 3rd party devs who is on the N4 lib making list, thats very important to me

if Alex B or TimP is not on that list, then i dont know, they are my favorites.
i need a official list to see who is on-board

i repeat the pre sales ends before N4 3rd party libs are available

this feels like buying something im not sure what im signing up for

in January even 100 Euros is a lot of money when many still is recovering from all the Christmas gift buying

AA said we shold join when we feel N4 is the right time and its useful for us

the discount for N3 users definitively feels a little forced
with a tight time restriction
it should at least be a little extended, even the pre sales
so we can at least have some N4 3rd party libs available before we buy

if i dont find N4 useful in the pre sales
which is unlikely unless Rose is a really great and special Comp lib

theres no way im spending 239 Euros for N4 later
when it actually might be useful to me
the usefulness of N4 is depending on the 3rd party support IMO
I7 5820k • RME • Audient • Reaper64 • Win7 64 • Amethyst • Coral • Ebony • El Rey • Emerald • Gold • Honey • Ivory • Lemon • Lime • Magenta • Navy • Pearl • Pink • Pink Comp Bundle • Ruby • Sand • Tapue • Titanium • Virgo • White2 • N3s • N4

kindafishy
Vip Member
Vip Member

Post by kindafishy » Thu Dec 15, 2016 6:36 pm

Giancarlo,

Will libraries created for N4 specifically using new sampling techniques run on Nebula 3? I think this is a really important question.

If the answer is no, then you will have split the market and your third party developers will need to decide which platform to target. If they target v3, there will be no benefit to v4 users. If they target v4 and the libraries will not run on v3, it might be unattractive to developers because v3 might have a much bigger user base.

If the answer is yes, that libraries sampled for N4 will work find on Nebula 3, then none of this is a concern.

Thanks for you continued efforts and time.
Last edited by kindafishy on Thu Dec 15, 2016 6:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kindafishy
Vip Member
Vip Member

Post by kindafishy » Thu Dec 15, 2016 6:39 pm

Sorry for the double post, but I didn't want to group two completely different comments together so...

I agree with what is being said about upgrade policy.

While the price of 100 eur for server owners seems reasonable, I don't like that I need to decide on this within a time limit. If I want to upgrade to N4 in 2019, as a Nebula 3 server owner, I feel like I should still have the option of doing so for 100 eur.

I cannot predict the future so I don't know if it will have good value to me one day. Right now all I see is a better browser, and that does not represent 100 eur value to me. I also don't see the skinning as anything special personally. I have Nebula Setups and I already get skinned plugins that load really quickly with my favourite libraries so skins and a menu are not concerns of mine. Setups also makes upgrades painless so that is also not an issue. As well, while I appreciate that Rose may be end up being a great compressor, it is not a compressor that interests me personally so that is also not a factor here.

I just feel like there is pressure attached to this as a sales tactic and it has me kind of miffed, especially coming from Acustica, whom I would not have expected to see such a tactic from.

giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Post by giancarlo » Thu Dec 15, 2016 7:03 pm

possibly there will be other deals, but normally our policy is the "preorder" deal, with a bit of trust in this company. As you can see we are keeping promises till now.
I think you would save around half of the price, which is the "risk" you are running updating today. Otherwise you have a wonderful nebula3, it is running, it will be maintained as "nebula3" still for a while.

malekmusic
User Level VII
User Level VII

Post by malekmusic » Thu Dec 15, 2016 8:37 pm

[email protected] wrote:even the plan is generous, i think the timing is bad
for when the pre sales ends

pre-sales ends before N4 3rd party libs will be out witch is
the N4`s biggest selling point
and this is the only reason its interesting to me since i already have so many great N3 libs

if i don't like Rose or its not really useful to me i don't know what im gonna even use N4 for

to copy all my Aqcua libs into the nebula respiratory
what is the benefits of doing this exactly ?
rack up my acquas witch feels very unnecessary and using twice the space on my SSD while doing so ?

THE REAL BIGGIE
no ones know what 3rd party devs who is on the N4 lib making list, thats very important to me

if Alex B or TimP is not on that list, then i dont know, they are my favorites.
i need a official list to see who is on-board

i repeat the pre sales ends before N4 3rd party libs are available

this feels like buying something im not sure what im signing up for

in January even 100 Euros is a lot of money when many still is recovering from all the Christmas gift buying

AA said we shold join when we feel N4 is the right time and its useful for us

the discount for N3 users definitively feels a little forced
with a tight time restriction
it should at least be a little extended, even the pre sales
so we can at least have some N4 3rd party libs available before we buy

if i dont find N4 useful in the pre sales
which is unlikely unless Rose is a really great and special Comp lib

theres no way im spending 239 Euros for N4 later
when it actually might be useful to me
the usefulness of N4 is depending on the 3rd party support IMO
very well said!!!! i dont understand neither why there is a time restriction for nebula 3 pro server users. when we bought it, we had the flagship nebula and now, if we dont have money in the next days, because we bought lime for example (which i did), we cant upgrade anymore? this doesnt feel right. all my other plugins are upgradable with a reasonable price.

there is no way i will spend again 240 euro for this.

giancarlo many of us spend thousands of dollars for your company. i really apreciate your work very much, no i love it, and i apreciate the free updates for your aquas. but since nebula is not aqua and doesnt get updated like it, you could rethink your pricepolitics regarding nebula again. i will buy it for sure if i can upgrade, i just dont know if i can make it within this month, and if i dont, well i cant see myself buying nebula again for the full price.

pablo1980
User Level VII
User Level VII

Post by pablo1980 » Thu Dec 15, 2016 9:11 pm

I think that we are saying that nebula isn´t the same as aqcua.

Seeing Nebula as the flagship product of acustica, and watching what other audio companies do (I know you folks are smaller),
I believe that the people who bought the flagship product (nebula server) should be rewarded with a clear and more friendly upgrade plan. It is, in your words, a work in progress.

I like your discounts and presales, but in my opinion nebula 4 should be treated differently.

DavideBurattin
User Level X
User Level X

Post by DavideBurattin » Thu Dec 15, 2016 9:17 pm

As far I understand, we should consider the N4 more like a new product instead of a Nebula 3 update.
Infact Nebula 3 will remain supported in catalogue, and the v.4 library should be not compatible with it, right?
Then, from this point of view, the AA pricing scheme should be clearer and more condivisible IMO.

(When a new product or a major update comes out, as a customer, I always think that before that date I was happy and productive with the previous version. Once the new has come, suddently everything seems to become wrong and not sufficient to produce.
This is the real mystery of the market.
Of course if N4 works a lot better in terms of CPU and i.e. for the dynamic processors, it would be generally a good thing indeed. But nobody is constrained to buy "right now" if there is no budget. To be honest there are very few companies that makes so many frequent, and interesting discounts along the time, like AA. So keep calm and enjoy the novelty, and support the developer. And if don't agree with my thought, just open a ticket. ;) )