OK, I won't
the beauty of the new "company architecture": you will ask to franci and he will create all things you need. So I will not stressed by anyone any more! awesome move!
Seems great and fair to me.giancarlo wrote:ianc wrote:
Seems like the ideal time to get my plans for N4 off and running in a new system. Will it be much of a problem to get new liciences for all my acqua's at the same time.?
Does anyone also know if 3rd party dev's will re-issue liciences, I've never asked any as my library got lost on a new drive that failed 6 month's ago ( b4 backup ) and have been waiting for N4 before I went through all that hassle again of setting it up.
Sounds great though G, well worth the wait.
Also very confused about pricing, needs to be explained more simply for the upgraders in relation to the time frame of when the discount lasts untill. Do you still get the 40% once released and if not what does it change to or does it disappear.
Thanks in advance for any help here.
acqua plugins will be supported later.
You don't need to use new licenses for it, you just copy acqua plugins to the nebula folders.
Price is EXTREMELY simple.
N4 will cost 239.
Nebula2 support will be dropped
Nebula3 support will be mainainted
Nebula3 server will be still on our shop, at 139
There will not be any upgrade plan from nebula2 or nebula3 or nebula3 pro to nebula3 server.
There will not be an upgrade plan from Nebula3 server to N4.
Anyway for a temporary and limited amount of time:
N4 will will be in presale with a 20% off (till 1-2-2017)
N4 will be at the same time discounted 10% off cause christmas (till 9-1-2017)
There are also coupons:
Nebula3 server customers will receive a coupon with 40% off.
Nebula3 pro customers will receive a coupon with 20% off
All acustica customers will receive coupons depending an the amount of money they paid recently on our products
You will not be able to sum coupons received by email: you should choose the best one. Coupons will have a deadline, it will be explicitly written in the email you'll receive.
After this period there will not be an upgrade policy any more, apart the coupons you'll receive via email, christmas, middle of august or black friday.
Nebula4 will be upgraded costantly, possibly on montly basis or even more often. We'll release new libraries and even free libraries
We'll introduce Nebula free (basically a nebula4 free player, featuring free libraries like it is happening today in nebula3 land)
At a point we'll drop Nebula3 server and we'll reach the final balance: Nebula3 server will be substituted by Nebula4 lite, a new version still not existing today. Upgrade policy or features planned are unknown. The name "LITE" tells you everything, it will be less powerful than nebula4.
So if you trust the company and you use nebula a lot I HIGHLY suggest nebula4, TODAY, at this discounted price, which is less than the usual acqua plugin and it is leading POSSIBLY to an high number of updates and features. If you are NOT happy about nebula4 you can STILL take an engine from the nebula4 folder and USE it as a standard nebula3. Please note: the authorization process changed.
BCz wrote:No grace period? Bought Neb3 Server 4 months ago to learn how it worked while I waited for Neb4. Paying 239eur and now paying 100 more is not very funny (not for my wallet at least). I should have bought the pro version or waited some more. Damn.
+1Pablo1980 wrote:I think the plan is generous, but a bit stinged to see that neb3 server users have a time limit to upgrade, I wish I could upgrade soon but funds are low, maybe the upgrade path shouldn't be time constrained?
very well said!!!! i dont understand neither why there is a time restriction for nebula 3 pro server users. when we bought it, we had the flagship nebula and now, if we dont have money in the next days, because we bought lime for example (which i did), we cant upgrade anymore? this doesnt feel right. all my other plugins are upgradable with a reasonable price.[email protected] wrote:even the plan is generous, i think the timing is bad
for when the pre sales ends
pre-sales ends before N4 3rd party libs will be out witch is
the N4`s biggest selling point
and this is the only reason its interesting to me since i already have so many great N3 libs
if i don't like Rose or its not really useful to me i don't know what im gonna even use N4 for
to copy all my Aqcua libs into the nebula respiratory
what is the benefits of doing this exactly ?
rack up my acquas witch feels very unnecessary and using twice the space on my SSD while doing so ?
THE REAL BIGGIE
no ones know what 3rd party devs who is on the N4 lib making list, thats very important to me
if Alex B or TimP is not on that list, then i dont know, they are my favorites.
i need a official list to see who is on-board
i repeat the pre sales ends before N4 3rd party libs are available
this feels like buying something im not sure what im signing up for
in January even 100 Euros is a lot of money when many still is recovering from all the Christmas gift buying
AA said we shold join when we feel N4 is the right time and its useful for us
the discount for N3 users definitively feels a little forced
with a tight time restriction
it should at least be a little extended, even the pre sales
so we can at least have some N4 3rd party libs available before we buy
if i dont find N4 useful in the pre sales
which is unlikely unless Rose is a really great and special Comp lib
theres no way im spending 239 Euros for N4 later
when it actually might be useful to me
the usefulness of N4 is depending on the 3rd party support IMO