gui knob adjust style

Tips & tricks, working results, technical support
Cupwise
Expert
Expert

gui knob adjust style

Post by Cupwise » Fri Aug 30, 2013 12:04 pm

is it possible to switch how the knobs work with a gui that uses knobs? now when i load nebula in flstudio it's using the method where you click a knob and drag it up and down to rotate it. but before i could have swore it was using the method where you click it and have to drag it around like in a circular field around the knob, which gives more precision. i want it to be like that again. did i just imagine it was like that? heh

ngarjuna
Expert
Expert

Re: gui knob adjust style

Post by ngarjuna » Fri Aug 30, 2013 12:11 pm

I don't think you imagined that, mine act like the latter as well (in REAPER and various PT sub-hosts). The thing I really like about that behavior is that if you increase the diameter of the 'circle' by moving the mouse out from the control you can get a more fine tuned control.

Cupwise
Expert
Expert

Post by Cupwise » Fri Aug 30, 2013 12:16 pm

exactly. i used to hate that style but now i think it's the only way. it still acts that way for me in reaper but in flstudio i have the junky up/down style. i just found that if i hold alt it gives me the other method though. weird, i don't remember having to do that.

ngarjuna
Expert
Expert

Post by ngarjuna » Fri Aug 30, 2013 12:33 pm

Cupwise wrote:exactly. i used to hate that style but now i think it's the only way. it still acts that way for me in reaper but in flstudio i have the junky up/down style. i just found that if i hold alt it gives me the other method though. weird, i don't remember having to do that.

Interesting. There must be a switch somewhere but I have no idea where. I'm not sure if this helps but when I hold alt and work controls it doesn't seem be doing the other thing (I half expected it to take me into that vertical mode you described).