Scan mode fast doesn't work - long initialization process.

Tips & tricks, working results, technical support
greekpeet
User Level XI
User Level XI

Scan mode fast doesn't work - long initialization process.

Post by greekpeet » Sun May 19, 2013 6:06 am

So this has been a pain for a few years now (and always has been) and am surprised it doesn't come up more often.

What I'm trying to say here is that when I load the Nebula VST, for whatever reason it takes ~12-15 seconds for Nebula to load to even select a program.

So if I want to load 3 or 4 Nebula instances (even before I load a single program) I have to sit there, and wait a minute or so. I've tried every single tweak there is, but think it is due to the amount of libraries I own.

Is this the case? The more libraries you own the longer and longer it takes?

It loads in a split second if I have 'scan mode' set to fast, but doesn't see any of my libraries.

At this point I only use Nebula very rarely and stick to CDSMs VSTs for the majority of my mojo work.

Spent a few hours messing with it again and searching the forums/internet but can't find anything to help solve it.

Maybe its something very simple but have yet to find a solution.

RJHollins
Expert
Expert

Re: Scan mode fast doesn't work - long initialization proces

Post by RJHollins » Sun May 19, 2013 9:34 am

The more libraries added, the longer the initialization time.

The only solution ... split your libraries by making custom Nebula's using Zab's utility 'NebulaSetup'.

My system was taking over a min or more to get to the INIT screen. Finally broke down and started making customs ... the difference is huge !
i7-5820k, MSI X99A Plus, 16 GIG Ram, Noctua NH-D14, Win-7 Pro [64-bit], Reaper-64

NVC [Nebula Virtual Controllers]

greekpeet
User Level XI
User Level XI

Post by greekpeet » Sun May 19, 2013 4:27 pm

Your awesome for that tip!

I'll take the time to do exactly as you prescribed.

:D

God Bless you RJ!

richie43
Expert
Expert

Post by richie43 » Sun May 19, 2013 6:09 pm

To add to RJ's response;
Once I got the hang og making these specialized instances with the Nebula Set-ups app, I now have over 40 different instances of Nebula, each only scanning the few libraries that it loads. Loading a "raw" nebula instance now takes a few seconds, as opposed to the nearly a minute I was experiencing. An added benefit is that each one is so much easier to navigate through to find what I want. I don't know what DAW you use, but Reaper is awesome regarding saving and recalling fx chain presets, so I even have some of these instances saved as preloaded presets, and those load ready to use in around 10 seconds (these are 2 or 3 instances for a chain, by the way).
The Sounds of the Hear and Now
http://soundyaudio.com/

enriquesilveti
Expert
Expert

Post by enriquesilveti » Sun May 19, 2013 7:11 pm

You can use alias version or stop auto scan, you should enable again once after you install a new library.
Enrique Silveti.
Acustica Audio customer and technical support.

MBP 11.5 (i7-4870 | 16 GB | 512 SSD)
SP4 (i5-6300 | 8 GB | 256 SSD)
UFX | Lyra2 | USBPre2
VM U16 | VM Win10 CU | VM OSX 10.12
N4/NAT4 | SPX3 | RX6 | LN2C | Smaart8 | R5 | PT12 | PX10 | NIK5

giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Post by giancarlo » Mon May 20, 2013 8:49 pm

we are developing a solution, are you using the server?

greekpeet
User Level XI
User Level XI

Post by greekpeet » Tue May 21, 2013 2:45 am

giancarlo wrote:we are developing a solution, are you using the server?
Gian,

That's awesome news about a solution!

Using Nebula Server 1.3.502 32bit on OS X
Host is Ableton Live 8.4.1 64bit with the jBridge VST wrapper for 32bit plugins.

dwagrimm
User Level IX
User Level IX

Post by dwagrimm » Thu May 23, 2013 12:38 pm

richie43 wrote:To add to RJ's response;
Once I got the hang og making these specialized instances with the Nebula Set-ups app, I now have over 40 different instances of Nebula, each only scanning the few libraries that it loads. Loading a "raw" nebula instance now takes a few seconds, as opposed to the nearly a minute I was experiencing. An added benefit is that each one is so much easier to navigate through to find what I want. I don't know what DAW you use, but Reaper is awesome regarding saving and recalling fx chain presets, so I even have some of these instances saved as preloaded presets, and those load ready to use in around 10 seconds (these are 2 or 3 instances for a chain, by the way).
Hi Richie,

how do you handle it if nebula is updated?
you creat 40 new instances with all single editings?

zabukowski
Expert
Expert

Post by zabukowski » Thu May 23, 2013 1:48 pm

dwagrimm wrote:
Hi Richie,

Nebula Setups 2 will keep track of the created setups, so updating all/selected plugins with the new Nebula version will be supported within the program.

Zabukowski

dwagrimm
User Level IX
User Level IX

Post by dwagrimm » Thu May 23, 2013 7:13 pm

zabukowski wrote:
dwagrimm wrote:
Hi Richie,

Nebula Setups 2 will keep track of the created setups, so updating all/selected plugins with the new Nebula version will be supported within the program.

Zabukowski
oha, that sounds very cool.
thanks for the information and your work.