Why the lack of delay programs?

Tips & tricks, working results, technical support
Definity
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Why the lack of delay programs?

Post by Definity » Mon Sep 03, 2012 5:31 pm

Their are a few I have tried such as Plex and another one but why isn't there that many analogue delay programs for nebula. Their are countless of EQ's,Consoles,Reverbs,Pre-amps,compressors and tape but very few delays. How come?

I would love a tape delay that has a BPM timer on it rather than a fixed setting(not sure if this is possible?) especially the rare tape and echo boxes!

enriquesilveti
Expert
Expert

Re: Why the lack of delay programs?

Post by enriquesilveti » Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:52 pm

Nebula can handle BPM change in the right and smooth way. I think this is the main reason. But who knows, maybe Giancarlo find a elegant solution as usual.
Enrique Silveti.
Acustica Audio customer and technical support.

MBP 11.5 (W8.1 | OSX 10.10.5 | i7-4870 | 16 GB | 512 SSD)
SP4 ( W10 CU | i5-6300 | 8 GB | 256 SSD)
UFX | Digiface USB | Lyra2 | USBPre2
VM U16 | VM W10 FCU | VM OSX 10.12
N4/NAT4 | SPX3 | RX6 | LN2C | SMAART8 | R5 | PT12 | PX10 | BW1 | NIK5

Tim Petherick
Expert
Expert

Post by Tim Petherick » Tue Sep 04, 2012 4:29 pm

Try this ,

Get senderella vst http://www.gersic.com/plugins/hosted/subminimal/

this will allow you to create a feedback loop.

Use a Send, then....

Put one instance of senderella at the beginning of the chain in your effects section on your daw .Then a nebula tape that losses some highs.Then a vst delay (use one repeat and no dry signal ) then another instance of senderella to create a feedback loop back to the beginning of your vst path . This will allow you to create a tape echo with vari speed on the delay plugin.

Here's what it sounds like .
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/97340177/Echo%20demo%2044.1.wav
I'm also using a guitar pedal for the nebula instance , I sampled this pedal a week ago , thinking of selling some nebula presets of guitar gear if anyone is interested.

A website will be up and running hopefully next week.
Yes!!
Tim

jesse.nemitz
User Level VII
User Level VII

Post by jesse.nemitz » Sat Sep 08, 2012 12:57 am

I would be SO interested in a FULL guitar pedal FX lineup. In the worst way. Just make sure to keep the impedence conversion as a priority but my God i'd use the absolute crap out of a library like that. Wonder if Guitar center would get suspicious if you were to buy two at a time and keep returning them a day later after sampling them hahaha.

giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Post by giancarlo » Sat Sep 08, 2012 4:49 am

enriquesilveti wrote:Nebula can handle BPM change in the right and smooth way. I think this is the main reason. But who knows, maybe Giancarlo find a elegant solution as usual.
yes this is the main reason, we can't handle bpm switching without a predelay parameter

russianpolecat
User Level XI
User Level XI

Post by russianpolecat » Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:59 am

timp wrote:Try this ,

Get senderella vst http://www.gersic.com/plugins/hosted/subminimal/

this will allow you to create a feedback loop.

Use a Send, then....

Put one instance of senderella at the beginning of the chain in your effects section on your daw .Then a nebula tape that losses some highs.Then a vst delay (use one repeat and no dry signal ) then another instance of senderella to create a feedback loop back to the beginning of your vst path . This will allow you to create a tape echo with vari speed on the delay plugin.

Here's what it sounds like .
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/97340177/Echo%20demo%2044.1.wav
I'm also using a guitar pedal for the nebula instance , I sampled this pedal a week ago , thinking of selling some nebula presets of guitar gear if anyone is interested.

A website will be up and running hopefully next week.
Yes!!
Tim
the link has expired. I'd be interested to hear the results of this!!