VST plugin - CLeq User interface Alpha testers wanted

Tips & tricks, working results, technical support
grisman
User Level IV
User Level IV

Re: VST plugin - CLeq User interface Alpha testers wanted

Post by grisman » Mon Aug 13, 2012 8:56 am

RJHollins wrote: OK ... I made back up copies of my x86 Nebula plugs, and then renamed them [the plug & the XML file].

I placed the CLeQAlPha2x86 in the Acoustica folder.

When I launch REAPER, load the CLeQAlPha, immediate crash message :

Event Type: Error
Event Source: Application Error
Event Category: None
Event ID: 1000
Date: 8/13/2012
Time: 2:01:14 AM
User: N/A
Computer: RJHQ9450
Description:
Faulting application reaper.exe, version 4.2.5.0, faulting module cleqx86.dll, version 0.0.0.0, fault address 0x0000b4d3.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.
Data:
0000: 41 70 70 6c 69 63 61 74 Applicat
0008: 69 6f 6e 20 46 61 69 6c ion Fail
0010: 75 72 65 20 20 72 65 61 ure rea
0018: 70 65 72 2e 65 78 65 20 per.exe
0020: 34 2e 32 2e 35 2e 30 20 4.2.5.0
0028: 69 6e 20 63 6c 65 71 78 in cleqx
0030: 38 36 2e 64 6c 6c 20 30 86.dll 0
0038: 2e 30 2e 30 2e 30 20 61 .0.0.0 a
0040: 74 20 6f 66 66 73 65 74 t offset
0048: 20 30 30 30 30 62 34 64 0000b4d
0050: 33 0d 0a 3..
----------------------------------

I hope this is useful info ! :shock:

Thanks
You could download the 64 bit version of nebula CoreII and try out the regular 64 bit version of the plugin.

This will probably work since you are running Reaper. Reaper runs both 32bit and 64 bit plugins regardless of what version of reaper you use. It has a builtin bitbridge that solves the issues.

I just tried this on my computer and it "almost" worked. The plugin works to the point when you load a nebula setting. Let see if we can do something about this in some way.

Cheers, Jocke

mpodrug
User Level X
User Level X

Post by mpodrug » Mon Aug 13, 2012 12:47 pm

grisman wrote:Back again with something new.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/23113673/CLeqAlpha3.zip

The new stuff in this version is

1. on/off for every instance of nebula the plugin hosts. This comes with a reduction in latency - if this is good or bad? i dont know. maybe we should have a button that holds the latency in one place even though you turn stuff on/off.

2. On/off for the extra harmonic kernels in nebula. This comes with a quite expensive price because the instance being changed has to reload. I guess most of the users got computers with some powder in them so this will not be a problem.
Thanks!
Everything works fine here. However, turning on/off the band instance is messing up the automatic delay compensation here in StudioOne 64bit. Means for example when i have one plugin in track a fully loaded, and in track b only 3 instances turned on, those tracks won't play in sync.

Does it have something to do with it not reporting the right delay to the DAW?
Other than that a very good idea to have the ability turning everything on/off.

SWAN
Expert
Expert

Post by SWAN » Mon Aug 13, 2012 1:39 pm

mpodrug wrote: Thanks!
Everything works fine here. However, turning on/off the band instance is messing up the automatic delay compensation here in StudioOne 64bit. Means for example when i have one plugin in track a fully loaded, and in track b only 3 instances turned on, those tracks won't play in sync.

I thought this might happen...Im wondering if the plugin latency can be changed without re-loading the plug and re-reporting plugin latency...
Mac Mini i7 quad 2.6

Logic X
Live 9
Reaper

grisman
User Level IV
User Level IV

Post by grisman » Mon Aug 13, 2012 2:07 pm

SWAN wrote:
mpodrug wrote: Thanks!

I thought this might happen...Im wondering if the plugin latency can be changed without re-loading the plug and re-reporting plugin latency...
It does report the latency change. It works for me in Reaper. I guess all hosts cant do this "on the fly".

Question is if this is a feature worth keeping if it doesnt work with every host?

As i understand, it really cant be implemented in different ways so i dont really know if theres a way to change it.

Cheers, Jocke

grisman
User Level IV
User Level IV

Post by grisman » Mon Aug 13, 2012 2:26 pm

Im thinking of dropping the interface alltogether and go for something more like the Pro-Q interface. Would this be a good or bad move?

I kinda like that way of working better. And especially when the latency is high i like to get all the information available visually.

mpodrug
User Level X
User Level X

Post by mpodrug » Mon Aug 13, 2012 2:38 pm

I personally don't really like to work with EQs like Pro-Q, because the visual effect often fools me. I want to trust my ears more.
Your recent GUI is perfect IMO, when you could make the delay report work with my DAW work somehow, it's perfect with me.

maniak
User Level X
User Level X

Post by maniak » Mon Aug 13, 2012 7:09 pm

grisman wrote:Im thinking of dropping the interface alltogether and go for something more like the Pro-Q interface. Would this be a good or bad move?

I kinda like that way of working better. And especially when the latency is high i like to get all the information available visually.
I think about the interface, you need the knobs a little larger as the values. And instead of continuing to expand sideways, expand down with some reference like this...

grisman
User Level IV
User Level IV

Post by grisman » Tue Aug 14, 2012 4:17 pm

I agree that knobs and text is too small. This will be adressed. I am putting in another thing right now. Be back tonight with a new version. Cheers!

grisman
User Level IV
User Level IV

Post by grisman » Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:14 pm

This is the latest one:

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/23113673/CLeqAlpha4.zip

It looks like this:

Check it out. I think we maybe have enough of stuff in there "feature wise" now? Probably time for grand optimizations, UI and a *big* bug hunt!

Cheers, Jocke

mpodrug
User Level X
User Level X

Post by mpodrug » Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:46 pm

:shock: You are a crazy man! Beast mode on, huh? :D
It's all working here. You just need the orientation background table for that curve, and maybe different colors for the filters dots or maybe even better match the colours of the knobs and the dots and you'll be good.
Maybe it's too much to be asked, if you're able make it that curve section to be hideable, it'd be world class.

Is it StudioOne's fault about the PDC issue, is there workaround for it?

grisman
User Level IV
User Level IV

Post by grisman » Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:35 pm

mpodrug wrote::shock: You are a crazy man! Beast mode on, huh? :D
It's all working here. You just need the orientation background table for that curve, and maybe different colors for the filters dots or maybe even better match the colours of the knobs and the dots and you'll be good.
Maybe it's too much to be asked, if you're able make it that curve section to be hideable, it'd be world class.

Is it StudioOne's fault about the PDC issue, is there workaround for it?
Ill check into some orientation stuff and blingy bling things. No problemo in hiding the Sci fi things. Get to that as well.

Im not sure as to the pdc thing. Is it possible to see what pdc a plugins got in studio one? and if you turn something off does it change?

Cheers, Jocke

maniak
User Level X
User Level X

Post by maniak » Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:18 am

Wow, I liked what you did with the analyzer ... :)
You talked about that maybe is too much now with the entire new feature and you're right. Using the "Windows Paint" I made some modifications that make me even easier to see and handle. (Yes, I know it looks a little cheesy :oops: but I think you get the idea) :D

The colors of the knobs Drive, In and Out can be another color, maybe white? and the values a bit larger so you can understand better.
Attachments
aaaa.PNG
aaaa.PNG (219.33 KiB) Viewed 4091 times

Andrums
Vip Member
Vip Member

Post by Andrums » Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:24 pm

Please make latest Alfa for win32
I am using Protools via Fxpansion adapter

mpodrug
User Level X
User Level X

Post by mpodrug » Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:42 pm

grisman wrote:
Im not sure as to the pdc thing. Is it possible to see what pdc a plugins got in studio one? and if you turn something off does it change?
Yes you can see what pdc it has. And it actually changes, when you turn something off. But when i turn on instance off it plays bit earlier and unsynced.

Oh, and i prefer the big knobs for the in and out gain btw.

fredrikberg
User Level III
User Level III

Post by fredrikberg » Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:06 pm

Thank you for a great plugin. I could see whole channelstrips in the future, S*L, A*I, N**e etc. With the possibility to turn on/off individual elements.

I use Cubase 5.5 64 bit and when I load a session with the plugin engaged I have to turn it off and then on again otherwise the track is out of sync.

Regards

Fredrik Berg