PURETEQ BUNDLE and PURETEQ-FREE, two new Acqua libraries by SoundDrops are out!!!

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs
Post Reply
User avatar
SteDal
Expert
Expert
Posts: 631
Joined: Sun Mar 28, 2010 8:21 pm
Location: Northern Italy

PURETEQ BUNDLE and PURETEQ-FREE, two new Acqua libraries by SoundDrops are out!!!

Post by SteDal » Mon Feb 04, 2019 3:09 pm

Two new Acqua libraries for Nebula4 by SoundDrops are out:

PURETEQ BUNDLE and the complimentary PURETEQ-FREE!!!



PURETEQ BUNDLE - CLASSIC PASSIVE EQUALIZER

Image


PURETEQ CLASSIC PASSIVE EQUALIZER BUNDLE is the third release of the new MetaWare series of Acqua libraries for N4 by SoundDrops. It is essentially a collection of three iconic tone-shaping tools that have literally written the history of professional music recording. The circuitry of those processors was based on vacuum-tubes and real inductors, yet their tone can be described as warm but clean, and in any event classy.
In typical MetaWare fashion, the original functionality has been enhanced in ways that would be highly impractical, if not altogether impossible, in the analogue domain.


PURETEQ BUNDLE includes 3 different processors:

Image
PURETEQ-Q, a digital reproduction of the renowned EQP-1 passive equalizer, complete with all the classic frequency points and then some, plus the added bonus of a real high-shelf boost curve, not available in the original hardware;

Image
PURETEQ-M, an emulation of the MEQ-5 three-band equalizer, focused in on the ever crucial mid range frequencies from 200Hz to 7kHz. Following precisely the circuitry of the original hardware, each band in PURETEQ-M produces a bell with a slightly different bandwidth for each frequency point;

Image
PURETEQ-F, the original HLF-3 filter bank in all its 18dB/octave, real inductor glory. Although less common than its siblings, this processor is nevertheless capable of some radical sound manipulation. And even more so, thanks to the 'MetaWare approach': a powerful 'Variable Peak' control (again, not present in the original hardware) adjusts an extra resonance up to +6dB at the cut-off frequency point for each filter cell.


Every single band in each PURETEQ plug-in has been sampled in a separate session; as a result, there's no unwanted additional tone coloration, whatever the number of enabled bands: the final resulting frequency and phase response always represents exactly the sum of what each cell produces by itself, and nothing else.

Finally, each processor in the PURETEQ BUNDLE includes also a pre-amp stage modelled after a modern stereo vacuum-tube circuit. Just like the active section in its analogue counterpart, it's essentially a clean-sounding amplifier which, when suitably overloaded, is able to lend a nice warmth to any music program. Furthermore, being a stereo device, it is capable of adding some extra-spaciousness to the stereo field.


First month introductory price for PURETEQ BUNDLE: 64€


PURETEQ BUNDLE is available here.


PURETEQ BUNDLE (trial) is available here.




PURETEQ-FREE - PASSIVE EQUALIZER
Image

PURETEQ-FREE by SoundDrops is a complimentary plug-in available in Aquarius. It is offered as a free appetizer expressly designed to give you a little taste of the magic that its three bigger brothers in PURETEQ BUNDLE are able to work on your music.



PURETEQ-FREE includes two filtering cells directly taken from the commercial bundle.
The Low Frequency cell offers two separate controls for boosting and cutting the same frequency range; similarly to its analogue counterpart, when used simultaneously these controls create interesting and unique curves characterized by a typical dip in the low frequency response (often colloquially dubbed 'bump') that is extremely effective in keeping track of that low-mid 'mud' which often tarnishes music programs.
The High Frequency Boost cell, originally a bell-shaped curve with adjustable bandwidth, here is enhanced with the option to gradually morph into a classic High Shelf response, for maximum adaptability to any mixing situation.

Every single band in PURETEQ-FREE has been sampled in a separate session; as a result, there's no unwanted additional tone coloration, whatever the number of enabled bands: the final resulting frequency and phase response always represents exactly the sum of what each cell produces by itself, and nothing else. And all of this while retaining the all the great sonic traits of real world analogue hardware, down to the tiniest detail.


PURETEQ-FREE is already available at no cost in your Aquarius account.



Please note: all Acqua libraries released by 3rd party developers such as PURETEQ BUNDLE and PURETEQ-FREE are loaded as programs inside N4 (formerly known as Nebula4) or N4Player.

The free N4Player can be downloaded here:

N4 Player - Acustica Audio

or, even better, it can be installed through the assistant application Aquarius:

Acustica Audio - Professional Audio Software - Acustica Audio
Win 10/64 - Intel i7-5820K - Intel i7-4510U - Reaper 5.965

User avatar
abuzaynab
User Level X
User Level X
Posts: 100
Joined: Mon Sep 04, 2017 6:18 pm

Re: PURETEQ BUNDLE and PURETEQ-FREE, two new Acqua libraries by SoundDrops are out!!!

Post by abuzaynab » Tue Feb 05, 2019 11:48 pm

Amazing! I only had a quick try for about 10 mins this morning, but i love what i am hearing! So much for my promise to stop buying eqs!

User avatar
SteDal
Expert
Expert
Posts: 631
Joined: Sun Mar 28, 2010 8:21 pm
Location: Northern Italy

Re: PURETEQ BUNDLE and PURETEQ-FREE, two new Acqua libraries by SoundDrops are out!!!

Post by SteDal » Wed Feb 06, 2019 11:58 pm

A quick heads-up for anyone interested: I've uploaded two demo videos of PURETEQ on the 'tube'.

Here Pureteq is applied on various instruments of a mix.

And here various settings for each of the 3 included plug-ins are tested on a drum loop.

Enjoy!
Win 10/64 - Intel i7-5820K - Intel i7-4510U - Reaper 5.965

User avatar
robschroeder
Vip Member
Vip Member
Posts: 404
Joined: Mon Nov 17, 2014 11:02 am
Location: Crailsheim, Germany
Contact:

Re: PURETEQ BUNDLE and PURETEQ-FREE, two new Acqua libraries by SoundDrops are out!!!

Post by robschroeder » Sat Feb 09, 2019 10:00 pm

Really loving the GUI. No fancy shiny fotorealistic bla bla which only distracts from the most important thing: the sound. Simply basic but elegant. Will test this for sure.

User avatar
abuzaynab
User Level X
User Level X
Posts: 100
Joined: Mon Sep 04, 2017 6:18 pm

Re: PURETEQ BUNDLE and PURETEQ-FREE, two new Acqua libraries by SoundDrops are out!!!

Post by abuzaynab » Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:55 am

Hi Stedal! I'm loving Pureteq so far, really cool! Definite buy i think. On the website it says "Just like the active section in its analogue counterpart, it's essentially a clean-sounding amplifier which, when suitably overloaded, is able nevertheless to lend a nice warmth to any music program."

Can you recommend guidelines for how we can 'suitably' overload it? Presumably it likes the input on the way in to be -18dbfs, do we just up the input trim to overload? Thank you.

User avatar
SteDal
Expert
Expert
Posts: 631
Joined: Sun Mar 28, 2010 8:21 pm
Location: Northern Italy

Re: PURETEQ BUNDLE and PURETEQ-FREE, two new Acqua libraries by SoundDrops are out!!!

Post by SteDal » Sun Feb 10, 2019 3:06 pm

abuzaynab wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:55 am
Hi Stedal! I'm loving Pureteq so far, really cool! Definite buy i think. On the website it says "Just like the active section in its analogue counterpart, it's essentially a clean-sounding amplifier which, when suitably overloaded, is able nevertheless to lend a nice warmth to any music program."

Can you recommend guidelines for how we can 'suitably' overload it? Presumably it likes the input on the way in to be -18dbfs, do we just up the input trim to overload? Thank you.
Yes, exactly. :)

As you know, -18 dBfs is the commonly accepted 'analog 0dB' in Acqua/Nebula world, so it's a good practice to keep that as a general reference.
Then, by adjusting the Input Trim control, you can set a hotter internal working point.
When the two vertical bands of the 'Magic Eye' input meter overlap each other and show a brighter central band, that means you're overloading the pre-amp stage.

As usual, don't overdo it, but you'll hear that a little goes a long way: gradually transients will be tamed and the harmonic structure will become denser.

Happy mixing!
Win 10/64 - Intel i7-5820K - Intel i7-4510U - Reaper 5.965

User avatar
abuzaynab
User Level X
User Level X
Posts: 100
Joined: Mon Sep 04, 2017 6:18 pm

Re: PURETEQ BUNDLE and PURETEQ-FREE, two new Acqua libraries by SoundDrops are out!!!

Post by abuzaynab » Wed Feb 13, 2019 3:43 pm

SteDal wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 3:06 pm
abuzaynab wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:55 am
Hi Stedal! I'm loving Pureteq so far, really cool! Definite buy i think. On the website it says "Just like the active section in its analogue counterpart, it's essentially a clean-sounding amplifier which, when suitably overloaded, is able nevertheless to lend a nice warmth to any music program."

Can you recommend guidelines for how we can 'suitably' overload it? Presumably it likes the input on the way in to be -18dbfs, do we just up the input trim to overload? Thank you.
Yes, exactly. :)

As you know, -18 dBfs is the commonly accepted 'analog 0dB' in Acqua/Nebula world, so it's a good practice to keep that as a general reference.
Then, by adjusting the Input Trim control, you can set a hotter internal working point.
When the two vertical bands of the 'Magic Eye' input meter overlap each other and show a brighter central band, that means you're overloading the pre-amp stage.

As usual, don't overdo it, but you'll hear that a little goes a long way: gradually transients will be tamed and the harmonic structure will become denser.

Happy mixing!
Brilliant! Thank you Stedal! Loving the library, love all your stuff tbh, bought all your stuff and this is a definite buy for me, amazing work man! Thanks again!

User avatar
drezz
Vip Member
Vip Member
Posts: 488
Joined: Sat Jul 13, 2013 7:58 pm
Location: UK

Re: PURETEQ BUNDLE and PURETEQ-FREE, two new Acqua libraries by SoundDrops are out!!!

Post by drezz » Sat Feb 16, 2019 4:00 pm

Just an observation.

Congrats on the great facility to now install within aquarius as vst2 or 3 with automatic 'setup'...............

Works great and lovely to have the libraries standalone...............

BUT...........

There only seems to be the filter as vst2 and vst3 setups..............no eq.

:(

Would it be possible to look at this?

Cheers...............

Loving the PureTec though, it's a wonderful library.
Official Acustica Audio Dealer for UK/Ireland.

https://www.facebook.com/AcusticaUKDealer

User avatar
SteDal
Expert
Expert
Posts: 631
Joined: Sun Mar 28, 2010 8:21 pm
Location: Northern Italy

Re: PURETEQ BUNDLE and PURETEQ-FREE, two new Acqua libraries by SoundDrops are out!!!

Post by SteDal » Sat Feb 16, 2019 11:31 pm

drezz wrote:
Sat Feb 16, 2019 4:00 pm
Just an observation.

Congrats on the great facility to now install within aquarius as vst2 or 3 with automatic 'setup'...............

Works great and lovely to have the libraries standalone...............

BUT...........

There only seems to be the filter as vst2 and vst3 setups..............no eq.

:(

Would it be possible to look at this?

Cheers...............

Loving the PureTec though, it's a wonderful library.
Ah, yes.

Several users reported this problem, which, BTW, I was totally unaware of until yesterday...
It all depends on PURETEQ being a bundle of 3 plug-ins: I'm afraid that this was a case not even contemplated while designing this handy new feature for Aquarius.

Next Monday I'll surely talk with the guys at AA about this, hoping for a prompt solution.

And @Drezz, I'm really glad you appreciate PURETEQ! :)
Win 10/64 - Intel i7-5820K - Intel i7-4510U - Reaper 5.965

Post Reply