HENRY-Q and the free HENRY-F, two new Acqua libraries for Nebula4 by SoundDrops, are out!

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs
SteDal
Expert
Expert

HENRY-Q and the free HENRY-F, two new Acqua libraries for Nebula4 by SoundDrops, are out!

Post by SteDal » Thu Sep 06, 2018 3:00 pm

HENRY-Q - GERMANIUM INDUCTOR EQUALIZER

HENRY-Q GERMANIUM INDUCTOR EQUALIZER is part of the brand new MetaWare series of Acqua/Nebula libraries for N4 by SoundDrops. It is essentially an equalizer entirely based on real inductors, and as such it could be described as a 'tone-color' processor, rather than a transparent one. Yet, many different responses can be achieved using its versatile sections; if a cleaner tone is needed, the pre-amp stage (the first offender as far as the aforementioned tone-coloring is concerned) can be bypassed at will.

HENRY-Q includes 2 filters, 4 eq sections and a transformer-coupled germanium stereo pre-amp stage.

• Both the High-Pass and Low-Pass filters have a 12dB/oct. slope with a continuous frequency control; they also display a unique feature, rarely found in other devices: a continuous Resonance control that adjusts the amplitude of an additional peak located near corner frequency, from 0 to a maximum of +3dB. It's a very effective sound-shaping tool.

• The equalizer section includes 4 cells: a Low Frequency shelf, a Lo-Mid and a Hi-Mid bell eq (each with two selectable bandwidths) and finally a High section, switchable between a shelf or bell curve.

• Finally, HENRY-Q's stereo germanium pre-amp stage is essential in producing the typical sound texture of a real inductor equalizer. Its main feature is that its THD-Total Harmonic Distortion value (i.e. its propensity to generate overtones) is heavily dependent on frequency, just like real transformers/inductors do. It's a kind of response that gives weight to the lower range and at the same time makes bass-heavy instruments more present and distinct in a mix, even on smaller speakers. Being sampled in stereo, it subtly widens the soundfield image as well.

One-month introductory price for Henry-Q: 65€

Henry-Q is available here:

Henry-Q - Acustica Audio

Henry-Q Trial is available here:

Henry-Q (Trial) - Acustica Audio

HENRY-F - FREE INDUCTOR-BASED RESONANT FILTER

HENRY-F INDUCTOR-BASED RESONANT FILTER is a free offering by SoundDrops, as an introduction to its bigger brother, Henry-Q.

It includes a High Pass and a Low Pass filter which are entirely based on real inductors. Essentially it is the filter section included in HENRY-Q (which in addition also includes 4 eq sections and a transformer-coupled germanium stereo pre-amp stage).

Both the High-Pass and Low-Pass filters in HENRY-F have a 12dB/oct. slope with a continuous frequency control; they also display a unique feature, rarely found in other devices: a continuous Resonance control that adjusts the amplitude of an additional peak located near the selected corner frequency, going from 0 to a maximum of +3dB. It's a very effective sound-shaping tool.

One of the advantages of Acustica’s technology is that it allows to design and build processors whose realization would be quite impractical in the analogue domain. HENRY-F is a case in point, in that it includes a couple of inductor-based filters which offer a continuous control both for frequency and resonance, with a constant and predictable action throughout the range.

Henry-F is available for free here:

Henry-F Free - Acustica Audio

Please note: all Acqua libraries released by 3rd party developers such as Henry-Q and Henry-F are loaded as programs inside N4 (formerly known as Nebula4) or N4Player.

The free N4Player can be downloaded here:

N4 Player - Acustica Audio

or, even better, it can be installed through the assistant application Aquarius:

Acustica Audio - Professional Audio Software - Acustica Audio

MetaWare – Augmented Reality Acqua Libraries

MetaWare = “Beyond the Hard/Software”. A series of Acqua/Nebula libraries for N4 by SoundDrops based on an innovative concept. Proprietary hardware processors are specifically conceived, designed and built from the ground up with the creation of N4 libraries in mind.
Great care then is taken during the sampling and deconvolving process. Thanks to Acustica’s innovative technology, each aspect of the device’s behavior (frequency and phase response, harmonic and dynamic action and so on) can be separately sampled and then reassembled in an optimized form. The final outcome is a series of extremely clean and noiseless vectors, as it is easily apparent from the resulting response plots.
This procedure allows the creation of virtual machines that would be plainly impossible (or, at least, extremely unpractical) to build in the real world; a series of consistent and dependable digital processors that yet retain all the great sonic traits of real-world analog hardware, down to the tiniest detail.

© SoundDrops 2018
Win 10/64 - Intel i7-5820K - Intel i7-4510U - Reaper 6

abuzaynab
User Level X
User Level X

Re: HENRY-Q and the free HENRY-F, two new Acqua libraries for Nebula4 by SoundDrops, are out!

Post by abuzaynab » Thu Sep 06, 2018 7:33 pm

Amazing SteDal! Thank you, i look forwarding to demo-ing the EQ. I just installed the Free Filter, but it doesn't seem to work. I'm on a mac os sierra, using Logic 10.4.1 See my video: https://youtu.be/3Mr6ZwsRA_I

SteDal
Expert
Expert

Re: HENRY-Q and the free HENRY-F, two new Acqua libraries for Nebula4 by SoundDrops, are out!

Post by SteDal » Thu Sep 06, 2018 8:28 pm

Of course! :)

You have to press the HP and/or LP buttons to engage the filters.

Please, don't feel funny, about this... you're not the only one, so that simply means that I should have stated it more clearly somewhere.

However, at the bottom of this page:

http://www.acustica-audio.com/store/products/henry-f

you may download Henry-F's manual. Everything is (hopefully) clearly explained in it.

miro
User Level 0
User Level 0

Post by miro » Thu Sep 06, 2018 11:29 pm

Absolutely in love with Henry-Q (and the GUI & the much lower CPU than many acquas)!

Will purchase before intro price ends :)

Now got to revisit your compressor again!

abuzaynab
User Level X
User Level X

Post by abuzaynab » Fri Sep 07, 2018 10:33 am

SteDal wrote:
Thu Sep 06, 2018 8:28 pm
You have to press the HP and/or LP buttons to engage the filters.
you may download Henry-F's manual. Everything is (hopefully) clearly explained in it.
Doh! A classic "should have read the manual moment"! How silly of me! Working now, the filters sound lovely, very classy! Thank you!

BTW i absolutely love the music in your Mantis video, is it yours? I see Mingus is your avatar, so i take it you are a Jazz man?

Tp3
User Level IV
User Level IV

Post by Tp3 » Fri Sep 07, 2018 2:34 pm

How does one move the Henry-F library plus dll - from an internet enabled computer to a one that does not have one ?

Are the dll's suppose to show as a separate plugs or only within N4 ? (that one is working on my DAW)

Thanks

[email protected]
User Level 0
User Level 0

Post by [email protected] » Fri Sep 07, 2018 9:01 pm

Good day to All! Very strange behavior.
HENRY-Q doesn't save the settings.
After restarting the project, all values are thrown to zero.
The situation is similar with BRONZE and COPPER.
The fact that the MANTIS (The Greatest) in the same situation works fine.
It seems that everything that is in the folder Acquaplugins resets settings, even ROSE.
Tested Studio One and Cubase.
I hope the Acustica Team will fix this bug.
Sad I can't normally use the BRONZE I bought earlier.
For this reason, I still don't have get a Matchless COPPER, Amazing TOKYO and Remarkable HENRY-Q.

p.s. It Happens only if You working with VST3!!! (problem is on Presonus side. Studio One 4 doesn't works with vst2 verse)

Thank You for advance!
Attachments
HenryBug.jpg
Last edited by [email protected] on Sat Sep 08, 2018 10:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
LIFT - DIAMOND - COFFEE - ERIN - JADE - PENSADO EQ - EL REY - ULTRAMARINE - AQUAMARINE - TAUPE - MAGENTA - PEARL - PURPLE - WHITE - RUBY - COLA - GREEN - SCARLET - CELESTIAL - BIG CEIL - PINK - CREAM - WATER - VIRIDIAN - GOLD - CRIMSON - EBONY - LEMON - COBALT - IVORY - SAND - CORAL - LIME - TITANIUM - BLUE - NAVY - AMETHYST - VIOLET CM
N4 - CPCL - BRONZE - COPPER - BRIGHTON - MANTIS - HENRY Q - PLATES OF LEGEND - SP79 GE - ATE GE - RA6 - SUM100A - OPTO3A - FOCUS PRO - L BUS - U76 - BLU MU - N60A - VARI LEVEL - COMPLEX - C660 MK III - SHAPE MOD - MID RANGE EQ - R STATE EQ - NTWENTY65 - 37J TAPE - T TAPE - MELLOW CHAMBER - VB PLATE - TEA ROOM

ryancost
User Level VIII
User Level VIII

Post by ryancost » Sat Sep 08, 2018 7:30 am

Really beautiful elegant EQ, excellent on vocals!
The controls are a little jumpy on Reaper Windows 10 64 bit, like I'll switch to one frequency and it'll jump back to the old one

SteDal
Expert
Expert

Post by SteDal » Sat Sep 08, 2018 10:56 am

ryancost wrote:
Sat Sep 08, 2018 7:30 am
The controls are a little jumpy on Reaper Windows 10 64 bit, like I'll switch to one frequency and it'll jump back to the old one
@ryancost
The jumpy controls are a known problem that sometimes happens with stepped knobs. I got used to scroll the values with my mouse wheel, which works smoothly.
However there's some tag in the xml file in your Acquaplugins folder (placed inside the N4 repository folder) that is able to adjust the 'bounciness' (for lack of a better word) of the controls, but unfortunately I can't remember what it is, maybe someone else could chime in and suggest it.

davidgary73
Expert
Expert

Post by davidgary73 » Sat Sep 08, 2018 12:46 pm

SteDal wrote:
Sat Sep 08, 2018 10:56 am
ryancost wrote:
Sat Sep 08, 2018 7:30 am
@ryancost
The jumpy controls are a known problem that sometimes happens with stepped knobs. I got used to scroll the values with my mouse wheel, which works smoothly.
However there's some tag in the xml file in your Acquaplugins folder (placed inside the N4 repository folder) that is able to adjust the 'bounciness' (for lack of a better word) of the controls, but unfortunately I can't remember what it is, maybe someone else could chime in and suggest it.
I reckon is the KNOBCONTROL tag in xml? Was mentioned that the parameter value “1" is lineal parameter and value “2" is knob control in circular.
MacPro 2 x 2.4 Ghz 6 Core Intel Xeon • 28GB Ram • Logic Pro X 10.4.6 • OSX 10.13.6 • VEP 6 • Console 1 •

Please join us - Facebook Acustica Audio Official Group page @ https://www.facebook.com/groups/2161186247437661/

SteDal
Expert
Expert

Post by SteDal » Mon Sep 17, 2018 10:38 pm

Hi everybody, a quick heads-up:

I've just published two demo videos which briefly describe the main features of Henry-Q.

In this one:

https://youtu.be/zn4c_r5ZI38

I'm presenting Henry-Q's powerful and musical filter section.

In the second video:

https://youtu.be/XuZKA4_ePxo

16 instances of Henry-Q are loaded across the tracks of a song; then all instances are disabled and enabled at once so that the listener can easily evaluate Henry-Q's global action on the tracks.

In the second part of this video, I disabled and subsequently re-enabled just the pre-amp stages of each Henry-Q instance, in order to hear the action of the pre-amp section by itself.

Enjoy the show! 8-)

SteDal
Expert
Expert

Post by SteDal » Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:19 pm

Hi.

I've just uploaded on the 'tube another demo video for Henry-Q, this time used on single tracks (acoustic guitars, acoustic bass and drums).

You can find it here

I hope you'll enjoy it.
Please remember that a fully functional, 30-days trial version of Henry-Q is available here.

Also, remember that the introductory price offer is due to expire next Sunday, October 7th.

garbage914
User Level II
User Level II

Post by garbage914 » Sun Oct 28, 2018 7:57 pm

Hi @SteDal, will there be coupons for SoundDrops plugins for customer loyalty?

Also, do you know if there are any plans for customer loyalty discounts for Nebula 3rd party Acqua Libraries in general?

And finally, any idea if there will be Black Friday deals for Soundrops?
Intel I7 6950, Windows 10, 24 GB RAM, Pink, Pink Bundle, Amethyst, Purple, White, Scarlet, Navy, Lime, Pearl, Sand, Blue, Nebula4, UA Apollo 8, Antelope Orion 32

SteDal
Expert
Expert

Post by SteDal » Sun Oct 28, 2018 10:22 pm

garbage914 wrote:
Sun Oct 28, 2018 7:57 pm
Hi @SteDal, will there be coupons for SoundDrops plugins for customer loyalty?

Also, do you know if there are any plans for customer loyalty discounts for Nebula 3rd party Acqua Libraries in general?

And finally, any idea if there will be Black Friday deals for Soundrops?
Hi garbage914.

About your first question: the agreement we external developers have signed with Acustica doesn't explicitly mention loyalty discounts, which IMHO should be managed by AA anyway. I'm going to talk with the commercial guys in Acustica and see what can be done in that regard.

And secondly, yes, I was thinking about some special Black Friday offers on all SoundDrops libraries... Stay tuned! :)

garbage914
User Level II
User Level II

Post by garbage914 » Mon Oct 29, 2018 9:55 am

Thanks for the quick reply Stedal. Cool - please lmk if any info emerges about potential loyalty discounts. And that's great news regarding Black Friday. Thank you for all of your stellar work.
Intel I7 6950, Windows 10, 24 GB RAM, Pink, Pink Bundle, Amethyst, Purple, White, Scarlet, Navy, Lime, Pearl, Sand, Blue, Nebula4, UA Apollo 8, Antelope Orion 32