London Acoustics TOKYO TUBE EQ released!

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs
London Acoustics
User Level II
User Level II

London Acoustics TOKYO TUBE EQ released!

Post by London Acoustics » Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:59 pm

Happy to announce our new plugin company London Acoustics with the fresh release of our first plugin Acqua for N4/N4 Player: http://www.londonacoustics.com/product/tokyo-tube-eq/

Copertina-Tokyo-EQ-HiRes-x-AA-02.jpg

Introductory price €59.50 (15% OFF)

TOKYO TUBE EQ (full): http://www.acustica-audio.com/store/pro ... okyotubeeq

TOKYO TUBE EQ (trial): http://www.acustica-audio.com/store/pro ... beeq-trial

Enjoy!

MANDATORY REQUIREMENTS:

In order to use products from the official 3rd party developers:

- It is mandatory first to install either N4 Player OR N4. Only after this it will be possible to proceed with the installation of 3rd party products.
- Please don't install both versions of N4 - use only one of them to guarantee a proper functioning of the products!
- If you already use N4 please don't install N4 Player.
- Please make sure that you use an up-to-date version of N4 or N4 Player (at the point of this release N4 is version 1.1.011).
- N4 FREE and N4 Player cannot coexist.

The easiest way to always stay updated is to use our application Aquarius (please refer to the provided on the linked page manual for more info). Upon being loaded Aquarius performs a server check for updates. It is a good practice to open Aquarius and check if you have the latest version of our software.

- Official 3rd party developers products are only available in Aquarius.

Phelix

Re: London Acoustics TOKYO TUBE EQ released!

Post by Phelix » Tue Apr 24, 2018 5:12 pm

Exciting, I will for sure check out the TOKYO TUBE EQ!
Big congrats on this first release. Looking forward to the upcoming Custom and Signature Series as well :)
Ableton⎜Studio One⎜Reaper⎜VST2⎜macOS10.13⎜[email protected]/32GB⎜RME ADI-2 Pro⎜ATC

Phelix

Post by Phelix » Sun Apr 29, 2018 1:04 pm

Question about the Pre-section in Tokyo Tube EQ (T),

As shown below, the harmonic content appears to have a ~200Hz cut-off filter.
Is this a design-choice of the plug-in, or perhaps the hw device itself?

Plot: Sweep 20Hz-20kHz, TokyoEQ
GIF: Green = Acustica Gold8254, Brown = TokyoEQ
Attachments
Tokyo-Gold8254_THD.gif
Tokyo_THD.jpg
Ableton⎜Studio One⎜Reaper⎜VST2⎜macOS10.13⎜[email protected]/32GB⎜RME ADI-2 Pro⎜ATC

London Acoustics
User Level II
User Level II

Post by London Acoustics » Sun Apr 29, 2018 3:24 pm

Hi Phelix, many thanks for your interest and feedback.
Sorry but we weren't able to replicate your case, here:

Full spectrum sweep form 16Hz to 22kHz, 96-24, generated and rendered in Wavelab, analysed in RX6:
Sweep_16-20khz-96.jpg
Full spectrum sweep form 16Hz to 22kHz, 44.1-24, generated and rendered in Wavelab, analysed in RX6:
The attachment Sweep_16-22khz_44.jpg is no longer available
Everything fine in our system. Tested also in Plugin Doctor, VST Plugin Analyser, Cubase Pro 9.5, and Reaper 5.80

Did you already check if you put & forgot something in the signal chain that can affect the TOKYO EQ action?

Regards.
Last edited by London Acoustics on Mon Apr 30, 2018 8:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

Phelix

Post by Phelix » Sun Apr 29, 2018 7:10 pm

Hi, thanks for quick respond!
I have tested again, using every tool you mention. Pre in solo, no EQ activated, 3-dBFS and -18dBFS. Same results showing cut-off and oddly behavior.

I'm using Tokyo Trial on latest N4 and macOS High Sierra –see signature below.
Looks like your plot is Win system and commercial version, I assume. Perhaps the Trial could be the issue.

Here is a new sweep plot, more like yours in comparison. Notice how Tokyo attenuates the signal (both plots) and behaves oddly here.
Also PluginDoc showing Bronze Pre (after trial was fixed in Pre section) compared to Tokyo Trial A000. Obviously something is wrong...

I'm not going to raise a ticket for this. Also I will check if someone else get same results as me, I'm sure you understand.
Thanks again:)
Attachments
TokyoPrethd.png
BronzePrethd.png
Tokyo_THD_2.jpg

babiuk
Vip Member
Vip Member

Post by babiuk » Sun Apr 29, 2018 8:10 pm

is really mandatory to have the latest n4?

I mean, I have not the last version of N4 because I am in the middle of a project and I don´t want to update still, but I just tried Mantis and it worked fine.

Tokyo loads but it does not do anything to the sound, you can move knonbs but the sound is not altered

It is just I have download it to try and the trial period is running, any idea about it?
Mac Pro 5,1 / 6-core Intel Xeon / 16 GB Ram / El Capitan / Reaper / H******* Mixbuss

SteDal
Expert
Expert

Post by SteDal » Sun Apr 29, 2018 9:55 pm

babiuk wrote:
Sun Apr 29, 2018 8:10 pm

I mean, I have not the last version of N4 because I am in the middle of a project and I don´t want to update still, but I just tried Mantis and it worked fine.

Tokyo loads but it does not do anything to the sound, you can move knonbs but the sound is not altered

It is just I have download it to try and the trial period is running, any idea about it?
I don't know the real answer to your question...
Maybe that's because Mantis is a Nebula library (a single program), while Tokyo EQ is an Acqua library (several programs assembled together). Actually two different beasts, with different levels of complexity.
So you see, because of this it's perfectly possible that Mantis works fine while Tokyo EQ doesn't.

Just an idea...
Win 10/64 - Intel i7-5820K - Intel i7-4510U - Reaper 6

London Acoustics
User Level II
User Level II

Post by London Acoustics » Mon Apr 30, 2018 8:07 am

babiuk wrote:
Sun Apr 29, 2018 8:10 pm

As external third party developer we are not involved into the specific N4 project, but they asked us to higlight the "mandatory list" in conjunction of our products launch, then we are pretty sure that the last updated version is needed.

London Acoustics
User Level II
User Level II

Post by London Acoustics » Mon Apr 30, 2018 8:34 am

Phelix wrote:
Sun Apr 29, 2018 7:10 pm
Hi, thanks for quick respond!
I have tested again, using every tool you mention. Pre in solo, no EQ activated, 3-dBFS and -18dBFS. Same results showing cut-off and oddly behavior.

I'm using Tokyo Trial on latest N4 and macOS High Sierra –see signature below.
Looks like your plot is Win system and commercial version, I assume. Perhaps the Trial could be the issue.

Here is a new sweep plot, more like yours in comparison. Notice how Tokyo attenuates the signal (both plots) and behaves oddly here.
Also PluginDoc showing Bronze Pre (after trial was fixed in Pre section) compared to Tokyo Trial A000. Obviously something is wrong...

I'm not going to raise a ticket for this. Also I will check if someone else get same results as me, I'm sure you understand.
Thanks again:)
TOKYO EQ commercial version is currently the i000 - 24 April 2018, it sounds strange that its last trial install is still the a000 version. Please check in your Aquarius.

ADVICE FOR ANY PLUGIN DOCTOR and/or VST PLUGIN ANALYSER user: please set the standard at 0db (or -18db, as you prefer) gain, and the frequency to 1kHz (999.02Hz).
To leave the default frequency (for Plugin Doctor) at 50Hz (49.80Hz) is more like a gamble because it's an extreme border (usually you can barely perceive correctly the 50Hz...) and therefore not reliable for a proper plugin measurement. We are noticing that too many customers are using those softwares without setting them properly.
VST analysers are not the absolute truth if set in an improper way.
Anyway VST Plugin Analyser seems to be more reliable and precise than PD.
Last edited by London Acoustics on Mon Apr 30, 2018 12:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

himhui
Expert
Expert

Post by himhui » Mon Apr 30, 2018 8:43 am

There are small on/off buttons for each band
Attachments
Y{LF[BEWPNO$YI1JD1@A7NQ.png
Xeon E5-2697 v4/Win10 x64/64G ram/ Quadro K620
Reaper 5.974/X-Touch
Prism Orpheus/ RME Babyface Pro

London Acoustics
User Level II
User Level II

Post by London Acoustics » Mon Apr 30, 2018 3:03 pm

Instructions for London Acoustics plugin installation using N4 Player by Acustica Audio, enjoy:
https://youtu.be/_YSTZ24wOzs

Phelix

Post by Phelix » Mon Apr 30, 2018 3:37 pm

London Acoustics wrote:
Mon Apr 30, 2018 8:34 am
TOKYO EQ commercial version is currently the i000 - 24 April 2018, it sounds strange that its last trial install is still the a000 version. Please check in your Aquarius.

ADVICE FOR ANY PLUGIN DOCTOR and/or VST PLUGIN ANALYSER user: please set the standard at 0db (or -18db, as you prefer) gain, and the frequency to 1kHz (999.02Hz).
To leave the default frequency (for Plugin Doctor) at 50Hz (49.80Hz) is more like a gamble because it's an extreme border (usually you can barely perceive correctly the 50Hz...) and therefore not reliable for a proper plugin measurement. We are noticing that too many customers are using those softwares without setting them properly.
hmm interesting. As of today with latest Aquarius v1.2.608, the available Tokyo Eq Trial is still A000 (2018-04-24). No later release seems available from the drop-down menu. I would suggest you to double check.

Anyway, I will look forward to an updated trial, and hopefully be able to take Tokyo for another spin!

And frankly,
Instead of disregarding my observations, why don't you simply provide results from a similar test using trial A000 for Mac?

– @44.1kHz, and not 96kHz, which isn't available for Trials at all
– No cropped timeline, but entire sweep visible for any foldback in the response and down to -144dBFS.
– An FFT plot using exact same wav sample, displaying harmonics as indicated in the RX plot (harmonics should perfectly match).

That would be helpful :)

London Acoustics
User Level II
User Level II

Post by London Acoustics » Mon Apr 30, 2018 3:42 pm

Phelix wrote:
Mon Apr 30, 2018 3:37 pm
London Acoustics wrote:
Mon Apr 30, 2018 8:34 am

hmm interesting. As of today with latest Aquarius v1.2.608, the available Tokyo Eq Trial is still A000 (2018-04-24). No later release seems available from the drop-down menu. I would suggest you to double check.

Anyway, I will look forward to an updated trial, and hopefully be able to take Tokyo for another spin!

And frankly,
Instead of disregarding my observations, why don't you simply provide results from a similar test using trial A000 for Mac?

– @44.1kHz, and not 96kHz, which isn't available for Trials at all
– No cropped timeline, but entire sweep visible for any foldback in the response and down to -144dBFS.
– An FFT plot using exact same wav sample, displaying harmonics as indicated in the RX plot (harmonics should perfectly match).

That would be helpful :)
Hi Phelix, unfortunately we are not able to manage directly the creation of the trial version (as external partners we are not allowed to use AA cryptography for an obvious reason), then all we can do is to tell this to AA technical staff.

We are not attempting to disgregate any of your observations, just we tried to replicate (failed here) your case, and then giving an (overall usefull, we believe) advice on how to set and use PD.
Unfortunately we develop in windows environment. We will investigate when we will find a mac-user friend.
Thanks for your time.