Acustica & Studio DMI present LIFT!

Tips & tricks, working results, technical support
flipnautold
Expert
Expert

Re: Acustica & Studio DMI present LIFT!

Post by flipnautold » Fri Nov 24, 2017 1:35 pm

aliasing looks good even with a bit Clipping and Distortion engaged it seems :D But i am not an expert in these tests. Nice clean harmonics...
Attachments
LIFT.JPG
Lift
Studio One on Intel i7 4790k.
Aquas i like are: Lime, Gold, Pink2412, Amethyst2, Honey

flipnautold
Expert
Expert

Post by flipnautold » Fri Nov 24, 2017 1:36 pm

Kotelnikov seems to have more dirty things going on in the highs and less harmonics for sure...thought it was a clean comp but i guess i was wrong eheh.
Attachments
Kotelnikov.JPG
Studio One on Intel i7 4790k.
Aquas i like are: Lime, Gold, Pink2412, Amethyst2, Honey

Support
Expert
Expert

Post by Support » Sun Nov 26, 2017 6:55 pm

Diamond Lift and Diamond Lift trial installer are now in download section, for OSX and Windows operation systems. However we strongly suggest to use Aquarius.
Best regards,
Enrique Silveti.
Acustica Audio customer and technical support
http://www.acustica-audio.com

dj_kds
User Level I
User Level I

Post by dj_kds » Mon Nov 27, 2017 8:49 am

Is there internally some M/S processing going on, meaning are some parts of the internal chain treating just mids or sides, or one of them different than the other?
Or just straight Stereo processing, through and through?

Asked this already over at GS, but it got buried in support questions. Maybe more luck asking here...

waffleneck
User Level XI
User Level XI

Post by waffleneck » Mon Nov 27, 2017 3:01 pm

Tried this out last night, instant buy.

:mrgreen:
Amber, Aquamarine, Azure, Black, Blue, Coral, D361, Diamond, Ebony, Emerald, EQP1, Gold, Green, Honey, Ivory, Lime, Magenta, Navy, Nebula, N4, Ochre, Orange, Pearl, Pink, Pink Compressors, Prime, Purple, Red, Rose, Sand, Scarlet, Silk, Tan, Titanium, Trinity, Ultramarine, White. Hardware: TLA M8 Tubetracker, Vulture Super15, Fatso, Tube Vitalizer. Apogee Symphony. N*****n KH310 monitors + KH805 sub.

waffleneck
User Level XI
User Level XI

Post by waffleneck » Wed Nov 29, 2017 5:19 pm

waffleneck wrote:Tried this out last night, instant buy.

:mrgreen:
Not so instant buy... Cannot activate any buttons on the AA website except the buttons that take you here to the forum or to the dashboard. So I would like to make a purchase of LIFT but am unable to do so. Is the website broken or is it me?
Amber, Aquamarine, Azure, Black, Blue, Coral, D361, Diamond, Ebony, Emerald, EQP1, Gold, Green, Honey, Ivory, Lime, Magenta, Navy, Nebula, N4, Ochre, Orange, Pearl, Pink, Pink Compressors, Prime, Purple, Red, Rose, Sand, Scarlet, Silk, Tan, Titanium, Trinity, Ultramarine, White. Hardware: TLA M8 Tubetracker, Vulture Super15, Fatso, Tube Vitalizer. Apogee Symphony. N*****n KH310 monitors + KH805 sub.

waffleneck
User Level XI
User Level XI

Post by waffleneck » Wed Nov 29, 2017 5:24 pm

Ok it was me. Couldn't access cart from main page. Had to go to Acqua plugins commercial series, then my cart appeared. I had put LIFT in my cart 2 days ago, but then was unable to follow through with the purchase.
All good now

DeNto
User Level X
User Level X

Post by DeNto » Wed Nov 29, 2017 6:11 pm

BG23 wrote:
DeNto wrote:So if you need to push thing loud...
i think this "Lift" is by far the best plugin on the market for this kind of application!
This for sure! For modern "loud" processing it's really great, but it's not an all-around plugin like the Color EQ in my opinion (for me the EQ works with anything I throw at it).
Maybe I was expecting something different :mrgreen:
Well i think it really is an all aroud plugin because it is also a great saturation tool for mixing and there is an comp to so...
Last edited by DeNto on Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aquamarine, Murano, EQP1, Green, Navy, Orange, Pearl, Titanium, Trinity Eq, Ochre, Red, Amethyst.F*******e,SPL, Drawmer,N*****n KH 310a

Support
Expert
Expert

Post by Support » Wed Nov 29, 2017 7:02 pm

Diamond Lift - Overview: https://youtu.be/NCtkpnS4oJ8

Best regards,
Enrique Silveti.
Acustica Audio customer and technical support
http://www.acustica-audio.com

Will The Weirdo
Vip Member
Vip Member

Post by Will The Weirdo » Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:20 pm

For anyone looking for Diamond Lift info, SameOh posted this on GS, it a great Lift overview from the DMI Lift video.

Saturation

"First module is saturation. We took this from 2 different pres we have here that we use all the time. Really good thick, combination of warm vintage but also exciting sound. It’s something that I recommend working into. Putting this on your stereo bus when you start and working into it, rather than putting it on latter. Cus I find more beneficial, hearing from the beginning, instead of add on top of things."

EQs

"Second there is a high and low shelf. Simple, plus 4 on each. There is a broad wide shelf, medium one, and than one that start around 15k. Same thing with the low, there is a smaller one that starts around 35Hz, medium one and a broad, that’s kind of a large 200Hz and down. Just kind of lifts everything up."

Compressor

"This has bult-in a 12db 120Hz cut on the detector. So you don’t get any excessive pumping or sucking down from sub. 3 modes, no attack, no release, no ratio. We picked 3 compressors that we both use all the time, not really for any specific purpose, they kind of work on lot kind of types of materials, but all 3 can be good for anything.
The first one is more of a thick, tube, really grab everything compression.
The second one is more of a groove glue, good for house, techno, anything like that.
And the third one is more like a snappier, quick aggressive compression for dubstep or trap, or specifically on percussion."

Clipper

"Again here there are 3 modes. Is just, you push into the clipper, like you would on a hardware unit. There is when LED indicator that shows you when clipping is occurring. And then the OVER LED means that it is going over 0 on the unit. Which you can than back down with the output. When the clipper is on, the output gain acts like a ceiling. So, whenever, the clipper is going to stop at 0db and you can bring down with the output, and it’s not going above wherever you are bringing that down.
The clipper has 3 modes.
The first 2 are just 2 different variations of soft clipping. The second one has a little bit of a softer knee. And the third one is a true, hardware unit, hard clipping."
System 1 - i7 5820K Win 7 x64, Studio One 3.5, Reaper 5.4, Live 9.72

System 2 - AMD 1100T Win 7 x64, PT HD2 10.3.7

"In cognitively demanding fields, there are no naturals." - Simon and Chase

waffleneck
User Level XI
User Level XI

Post by waffleneck » Thu Nov 30, 2017 2:02 am

Will The Weirdo wrote: The clipper has 3 modes.
The first 2 are just 2 different variations of soft clipping. The second one has a little bit of a softer knee. And the third one is a true, hardware unit, hard clipping."
Which mode do we get on the mix version?

giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Post by giancarlo » Thu Nov 30, 2017 4:24 am

First one

markgalup
Expert
Expert

Post by markgalup » Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:56 pm

Folks,

Just tried Lift Master on a mix and I had a few thoughts:

-Sat sounds good.
-Clipper sounds extremely obvious, and not much different between versions 1, 2, 3. Def could not be used on a whole mix as if the light goes on, I hear nasty clipping, nothing like clipping my Crane Song HEDD for example.
-This is my biggest regret: I really wish the high and low shelves were not gain-compensated. This screws up the mix if you have the body of the mix where you want it and want to _add_ high or low end, not exchange for it. I would highly request that this gets changed, as it doesn't reveal the character of those shelves as it should.
-The compressor - especially mode 3 - sounds very good, but I work with my compressor stages very specifically and this may not be one that works for my use.

Perhaps someone could tell me if they think the clipping on my plugin is not working correctly, as it is SUPER obvious when the clip light goes on.

EDIT: I should clarify that I have ONLY tried this on a mixbuss. I'm excited to see how it does on parallel drums, for example.

Cheers,
MG
Mark Galup
Producer/Mixer/MFiT-Approved Mastering Engineer
MarkGalup.com
ReelRecording.com
Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Acustica Audio Dealer for the USA -> Contact me for US Discounts

phopho
User Level III
User Level III

Post by phopho » Sat Dec 02, 2017 12:28 am

VERY GOOOODDDDD! Sounds punchy and sweet to very agressive if you need, only imagination is the limit!!!!! Very needed tool when you're mixing & finalizing in the box.

Thank you Acustica & Studio DMI !!

All The Best