OUT!! Lemon, the first "true" delay in nebula/acqua land

Share your experience, tips & tricks, show off your music.
giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Re: OUT!! Lemon, the first "true" delay in nebula/acqua land

Post by giancarlo » Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:46 am

mr H******* wrote:
giancarlo wrote:
mr H******* wrote:stupid question but is there a bypass switch?
no sorry....
another stupid question ... why?

quite handy to bypass without the latency of the on/off switch
We tried to make it as much simple as possible, with minimum amount of controls

cjperez
User Level X
User Level X

Post by cjperez » Fri Oct 20, 2017 3:54 am

Even though i am having some instability issues with Lemon in Cubase 9, i have to say, something about the "Sound" of it is growing on me... I'm realizing that it's more than just a "Delay" unit... It's alot more.. It's like a "Saturation/color" box as well.... and it can be used on the 2-bus if one so desired..

I'm getting some pretty awesome tones from it..

(I'm in contact with support and sent them files with pics and whatnot , so hoping they could use the info to help track down my issue)
Intel Core i7 5820k 3.3ghz. 32gigs Ram, Samsung SSD, MSI X99A motherboard, Cubase 8, H******* Mixbus 3.3 & 2.5, Antelope Audio Zen Studio & Yamaha N8 Mixers. Win. 7 64 bit.

garbage914
User Level II
User Level II

Post by garbage914 » Fri Oct 20, 2017 11:06 am

I'm loving Lemon - would like to put the delays and the saturation on almost everything. Unfortunately, I'm also having an issue with Cubase 9.0.30. The more instances of Lemon I install, the more they seem to lock up the project and majorly slow everything down, even if max CPU is not reached in the session. Will open a ticket.
Intel I7 6950, Windows 10, 24 GB RAM, Pink, Pink Bundle, Amethyst, Purple, White, Scarlet, Navy, Lime, Pearl, Sand, Blue, Nebula4, UA Apollo 8, Antelope Orion 32

mr harrison
User Level VIII
User Level VIII

Post by mr harrison » Fri Oct 20, 2017 11:11 am

We tried to make it as much simple as possible, with minimum amount of controls[/quote]

giancarlo - but a bypass!! ;)

that wont confuse anybody! and its so important

i dont think its a very simple unit or that the design couldnt be made simpler or more intuative. the synced delays settings arent very intuitive which might be a good thing because you actually hear whats happening and not just look at the value. still could be easier to understand. or the arrangemnt of the units ... why not put all tape delays together, all digital, all magnetic?

Dimzo

Post by Dimzo » Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:56 pm

cjperez wrote:I'm realizing that it's more than just a "Delay" unit... It's alot more.. It's like a "Saturation/color" box as well....
the "tone" presets are amazing, you can blend them nicely with single sounds or vocals to give them more colour and the best thing is, if you use the tones together with other delays (if you need more flexibility) the other delays start to sound more homogeneously.

All in all i like Lemon very much 8-)

Beatworld

Post by Beatworld » Sat Oct 21, 2017 1:14 am

jus11 wrote:Thanks, Beatworld. That's encouraging.

Giancarlo, I want to understand this. Is "NUW" an AU wrapper, Nebula Universal Wrapper, perhaps?

Purely guessing, but if it is, could this have been this related to the fact that I had a very heavy N4/Aqua load going on in my project, and then Lemon was just a little bit too much for poor Logic to handle?
I spoke too soon.
Logic crashed while opening up a project which has Lemon and Ebony in it.
Only one instance of each plugin so not a heavy Aqua load, although there are a lot of other plugins in the project, but only about 26 tracks and 8 busses running at 44.1 so hardly a huge project.
The crash log showed the crash was caused by NUW x64.
After restarting my iMac I was able to open the project without the crash.

Synonym Music
User Level III
User Level III

Post by Synonym Music » Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:21 pm

I spent more time with Lemon. All in all, still not in love.

I think what I miss the most is the tiny bit of wavy-gravyness that hardware delays give you, even digital. Kind of like how sequencers used to slowly drift out of time. What I continually get from Lemon and can't get rid of is its hard, pointy sound - like a carbide blade.

As a tone box it's nice, but that's not what the product is labeled. This is a delay line. Those are where my expectations lie. And it does the tone part well, but the delay part? Not as much. I hear weight, I hear tone, I just don't hear a certain openness to the sound - which I would expect with hardware. (My hardware experience with delays is the Line 6 Echo Pro. Underrated and IIRC, affordable. Also CLA uses these for long throws.)

Anyway, I look forward to any developments on this release. Maybe later down the line it'll catch me; that's happened before!

giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Post by giancarlo » Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:08 pm

Check it is not the lacking of modulation (you can add it later). We disabled it in order to get this sound quality. Lemon solves this particular task, and as tone box is one of best nebula tools around.
Still we know we cannot please 100% of users.
It is actually the product with the highest ratio of appreciation, so I understand someone has a different opinion. Move on.

cjperez
User Level X
User Level X

Post by cjperez » Wed Oct 25, 2017 9:46 pm

Question: For Cubase 9 users out there...

How many instances can you guys get with Lemon?..
I can get between 9/10 before Cubase starts to choke out a bit..

I only had the time to test this a 44.1khz though.

ps: I'm still liking Lemon's tones..
Intel Core i7 5820k 3.3ghz. 32gigs Ram, Samsung SSD, MSI X99A motherboard, Cubase 8, H******* Mixbus 3.3 & 2.5, Antelope Audio Zen Studio & Yamaha N8 Mixers. Win. 7 64 bit.

Andymusikus
User Level III
User Level III

Post by Andymusikus » Wed Oct 25, 2017 10:46 pm

I like Lemon very much although I am very critical here. Using tape echoes quite often (an old Fulltone, a much older Roland 301 and even digital hardware) I can hear Lemon's nice rounded delay transients and delays soft fading out in several presets - I am really impressed.
Even if there might be more "perfect" N4 delay emulations of simpler devices (e.g. from the two Tims), you are getting much more diversity/versatility/complexity with Lemon at a reasonable lower CPU load.
If you want the last 5% of perfect simulation of a simple structured analog delay, you can have a look elsewhere.
Lemon is great sounding, CPU friendly, with complex controls and more for routine delay mixes imho.
Andreas Proske

waffleneck
User Level XI
User Level XI

Post by waffleneck » Tue Oct 31, 2017 12:22 am

I want to use LemonST for some pingpong delay...

Where is LemonST ?
Amber, Aquamarine, Azure, Black, Blue, Coral, D361, Diamond, Ebony, Emerald, EQP1, Gold, Green, Honey, Ivory, Lime, Magenta, Navy, Nebula, N4, Ochre, Orange, Pearl, Pink, Pink Compressors, Prime, Purple, Red, Rose, Sand, Scarlet, Silk, Tan, Titanium, Trinity, Ultramarine, White. Hardware: TLA M8 Tubetracker, Vulture Super15, Fatso, Tube Vitalizer. Apogee Symphony. N*****n KH310 monitors + KH805 sub.

waffleneck
User Level XI
User Level XI

Post by waffleneck » Tue Oct 31, 2017 12:26 am

waffleneck wrote:I want to use LemonST for some pingpong delay...

Where is LemonST ?
It's ok, I just found that part in the manual where it says Lemon Stereo comes out in November.
Amber, Aquamarine, Azure, Black, Blue, Coral, D361, Diamond, Ebony, Emerald, EQP1, Gold, Green, Honey, Ivory, Lime, Magenta, Navy, Nebula, N4, Ochre, Orange, Pearl, Pink, Pink Compressors, Prime, Purple, Red, Rose, Sand, Scarlet, Silk, Tan, Titanium, Trinity, Ultramarine, White. Hardware: TLA M8 Tubetracker, Vulture Super15, Fatso, Tube Vitalizer. Apogee Symphony. N*****n KH310 monitors + KH805 sub.

giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Post by giancarlo » Tue Oct 31, 2017 7:04 am

Yes exactly. We are closing several projects for Halloween and black Friday, I think we'll start working on it this week, and it will not be a long thingy because the gui files are ready.
An other pending task is 48-88 pack for ivory, it's a day of work

Beatworld

Post by Beatworld » Thu Nov 02, 2017 3:34 am

Anyone using Lemon (and any other Aquas) with macOS 10.13.1 ??
If so, working ok?

Thanks

Phelix

Post by Phelix » Thu Nov 02, 2017 10:38 am

Yes, AA running fine here, Lemon Trial included. iMac/APFS 10.13.1 (17B48).
I’ve been using High Sierra in the studio for a couple of weeks now, and didn’t encounter issues.
Ableton⎜Studio One⎜Reaper⎜VST2⎜macOS10.13⎜[email protected]/32GB⎜RME ADI-2 Pro⎜ATC